Article with comments from C'ville police chief

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
WestEndHokie39

Article with comments from C'ville police chief

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

Interesting comment from Charlottesville police chief:

When a reporter asked: “Do you believe that one side was more responsible than the other for instigating the violence?" Thomas replied: “This was an alt-right rally.”

The reporter pressed further: “Do you believe that they're the ones who instigated the fighting?”

Thomas answered: “We did have mutually combating individuals in the crowd.”

http://www.dailywire.com/news/19708/cha ... exit-modal
cwtcr hokie

Re: Article with comments from C'ville police chief

Post by cwtcr hokie »

WestEndHokie39 wrote:Interesting comment from Charlottesville police chief:

When a reporter asked: “Do you believe that one side was more responsible than the other for instigating the violence?" Thomas replied: “This was an alt-right rally.”

The reporter pressed further: “Do you believe that they're the ones who instigated the fighting?”

problem, I don't think the violence was initiated by the monument supporters, the counter protest wanted to make sure the other side was shut down, starting violence was the quickest method to do that
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

cwtcr hokie wrote:

problem, I don't think the violence was initiated by the monument supporters, the counter protest wanted to make sure the other side was shut down, starting violence was the quickest method to do that
Yep. They were there to swing bats.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Oh good grief. Both "initiated" violence. I can't understand how anyone would think the nazis didn't. They showed up in helmets and play-shields.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:Oh good grief. Both "initiated" violence. I can't understand how anyone would think the nazis didn't. They showed up in helmets and play-shields.
In fairness (and I don't necessarily disagree with your overall point) - helmets and shields aren't weapons.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:Oh good grief. Both "initiated" violence. I can't understand how anyone would think the nazis didn't. They showed up in helmets and play-shields.
But it does the monument supporters no good to initiate it but I can see them retaliating once it started. From what I have read cans with cement in them were being tossed at them and other items so the hand to hand stuff did prob start after the initial stuff started. Bottom line is the groups could have been kept apart and nothing would have happened as nothing occurred on Friday nights march by the monument supporters
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
In fairness (and I don't necessarily disagree with your overall point) - helmets and shields aren't weapons.
Yep. They were attacked at the rally last year too so rightfully assumed they'd be attacked.
Florida Hokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
But it does the monument supporters no good to initiate it but I can see them retaliating once it started. From what I have read cans with cement in them were being tossed at them and other items so the hand to hand stuff did prob start after the initial stuff started. Bottom line is the groups could have been kept apart and nothing would have happened as nothing occurred on Friday nights march by the monument supporters
You mean when they non violently surrounded kids around a statue in large numbers with torches and chanting Nazi slogans and carrying torches? Yeah. They just wanted to talk it out.

The Nazis could easily avoid violence. They got what they wanted. They were there to get it. Unfortunately people played along. But these weren't little lambs at play.

Of course, this site has basically become a far right lunatic Fringe forum so they lack of comprehension around what occurred is not at all surprising.
Last edited by Florida Hokie on Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Florida Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
You mean when they non violently surrounded kids around a statue in large numbers with torches and chanting Nazi slogans and carrying torches? Yeah. They just wanted to talk it out.

The Nazis could easily avoid violence. They got what they wanted. They were there to get it. Unfortunately people played along. But these weren't little lambs at play.

Of course, this sure has basically become a far right lunatic Fringe forum so they lack of comprehension around what occurred is not at all surprising.
That's nonviolent you dopey subhuman.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Florida Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Of course, this site has basically become a far right lunatic Fringe forum so they lack of comprehension around what occurred is not at all surprising.
good to see you are triggered. IF you are talking about the march Friday night there was no violence during that, no looting, no burning, no crimes at all. And fyi, those "torches" were tiki torches from home depot, the same ones people use when they have a cookout.

As for Saturday I don't know who physically attacked who first but even tho I disagree with any racist stuff from the monument supporter group they had a permit to have a protest and were doing that. And even if I dislike what they say as AMERICANS they have a right to be dumb if they want to. From what I have read their were objects that were heavy being thrown at them, from the pictures the counter protest with no permit were trying to disrupt the permitted protest, my guess is they started the physical altercations with the throwing objects or hand to hand but of course the permitted protestors responded which most any human would. Don't let facts get in the way of your bias

FYI, if the rule is if it is dis-tasteful stuff being said a march or protest cannot occur, then the BLM will disband, right?
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

good to see you are triggered. IF you are talking about the march Friday night there was no violence during that, no looting, no burning, no crimes at all. And fyi, those "torches" were tiki torches from home depot, the same ones people use when they have a cookout.

As for Saturday I don't know who physically attacked who first but even tho I disagree with any racist stuff from the monument supporter group they had a permit to have a protest and were doing that. And even if I dislike what they say as AMERICANS they have a right to be dumb if they want to. From what I have read their were objects that were heavy being thrown at them, from the pictures the counter protest with no permit were trying to disrupt the permitted protest, my guess is they started the physical altercations with the throwing objects or hand to hand but of course the permitted protestors responded which most any human would. Don't let facts get in the way of your bias

FYI, if the rule is if it is dis-tasteful stuff being said a march or protest cannot occur, then the BLM will disband, right?

Oooooohhhh so since it was tiki torches it wasn't at all aggressive.

I see now.
Attila T Hun

Post by Attila T Hun »

Floho..please continue your patriotism by building another boat...it's what you can do to support America
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

Attila T Hun wrote:Floho..please continue your patriotism by building another boat...it's what you can do to support America
I guess I could support Nazis. That seems to pass for patriotism in this forum.

Nah. I'll stick with the notion that making the country stronger through building a mighty hand force is a share more patriotic.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Florida Hokie wrote:
Attila T Hun wrote:Floho..please continue your patriotism by building another boat...it's what you can do to support America

Nah. I'll stick with the notion that making the country stronger through building a mighty hand force is a share more patriotic.
Mighty hand force? Is that the name of your sensual massage business?
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Florida Hokie wrote:

Who is supporting Nazi's?
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

HokieJoe wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:

You know. Don't be coy.
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:

Naval. It really doesn't matter though. This place is a excrement hole.

What a joke.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Florida Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:

Naval. It really doesn't matter though. This place is a excrement hole.

What a joke.
Am I the only one who has no idea what he's talking about?
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Florida Hokie wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:

You know. Don't be coy.

I see a lot of people here who think the press and political characterizations of this are BS. However, I haven't seen any posts who have cheered on the Nazis; or the death of that woman. From my perspective, there's a huge difference between supporting 1st Amendment rights vs. being glad someone died at the hands of a racist nut.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

HokieJoe wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:

You know. Don't be coy.

I see a lot of people here who think the press and political characterizations of this are BS. However, I haven't seen any posts who have cheered on the Nazis; or the death of that woman. From my perspective, there's a huge difference between supporting 1st Amendment rights vs. being glad someone died at the hands of a racist nut.
There's plenty here that isn't just supporting first amendment rights. Look back through the posts. You'll see it. Hey, she was a fat Communists so...

Most of it coming from the posters here that didn't have the balls to join in with the Nazis and white supremacists in Charlottesville.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Florida Hokie wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:

You know. Don't be coy.

There's plenty here that isn't just supporting first amendment rights. Look back through the posts. You'll see it. Hey, she was a fat Communists so...

Most of it coming from the posters here that didn't have the balls to join in with the Nazis and white supremacists in Charlottesville.
Only a communist is against the first amendment.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Florida Hokie wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:

You know. Don't be coy.

You are certifiably nuts.
Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:

I think the police allowed it for just that reason...to shut it down before it happened.
Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:

I think the police allowed it for just that reason...to shut it down before it happened.
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote: There's plenty here that isn't just supporting first amendment rights. Look back through the posts. You'll see it. Hey, she was a fat Communists so...

Only a communist is against the first amendment.
Like when a black QB protests by kneeling during a national anthem. Those damn communists get all up in arms don't they?