USC mascot comes under fire, name similar to Lee's horse

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

USC mascot comes under fire, name similar to Lee's horse

Post by USN_Hokie »

This is what happens when you capitulate to little petulant children.
jmac610

Re: USC mascot comes under fire, name similar to Lee's horse

Post by jmac610 »

Well, it is a white horse... so it must be racist
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Well phuque them and the white horse they rode in on.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

Vienna_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: libertarian

Post by Vienna_Hokie »

In less than a week we've gone from confederate general's statues to all founding father statues and now to horses with names similar to confederate general statues.

Nope...no slippery slope there.

Any of you that support removing statues want to explain how the "first they came for......" isn't happening?
Looks like the only thing 1984 got wrong was the date.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

That's pretty funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

The horse should be renamed. This is an outrage that something this overtly racist is let to stand.

The horse should be named Trayvon. Or Tra'Von. Or Tray'Vaugn.

If obama had a horse it would look like Tray'Von. And the back end would look like michelle.
USN_Hokie wrote:This is what happens when you capitulate to little petulant children.
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

USN_Hokie wrote:This is what happens when you capitulate to little petulant children.

It's also very close to 'Fellow traveller'. You'd think these affected communist goons would love the name.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

Vienna_Hokie wrote:In less than a week we've gone from confederate general's statues to all founding father statues and now to horses with names similar to confederate general statues.

Any of you that support removing statues want to explain how the "first they came for......" isn't happening?
I predict they'll keep their mouths shut.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

HokieJoe wrote:
Vienna_Hokie wrote:In less than a week we've gone from confederate general's statues to all founding father statues and now to horses with names similar to confederate general statues.

Pretty simple. One can favor removing statues of traitors while keeping statues up of Americans who didn't fight against this nation.

133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:

Pretty simple. One can favor removing statues of traitors while keeping statues up of Americans who didn't fight against this nation.

150 years ago was a different time, a different era. You can't compare the goings on then to today.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

133743Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:

150 years ago was a different time, a different era. You can't compare the goings on then to today.
I certainly don't favor removing statues of the Founders who shaped this nation.

133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:

I certainly don't favor removing statues of the Founders who shaped this nation.

You have no problem judging people and events from 150 years ago by today's standards though.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

133743Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:

You have no problem judging people and events from 150 years ago by today's standards though.
Today's standards are irrelevant. The difference with me is if you fought against my country, and that's why I don't shed a tear when a Confederate statue/symbol goes down. Under no circumstance should symbols of the Founders come down.

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
HokieJoe wrote: I predict they'll keep their mouths shut.

Today's standards are irrelevant. The difference with me is if you fought against my country, and that's why I don't shed a tear when a Confederate statue/symbol goes down. Under no circumstance should symbols of the Founders come down.

If they were thought to be traitors, they would have been tried and hung.
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

nolanvt wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:

Uh huh, and changing horse's names. And tearing down Thomas Jefferson's statue, and...So on.
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

nolanvt wrote:

You're ANTIFA bro's have got it all under control now.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
HokieJoe wrote: I predict they'll keep their mouths shut.

You're obviously for breaking the law when it suites you.

Have you given your extra chromosome a name?
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Do you ever think before you post. That is a repulsive thing to say.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:150 years ago was a different time, a different era. You can't compare the goings on then to today.

Just yesterday you were calling me a white supremacist so kiss my ass. Moron.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

HokieFanDC wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote: Pretty simple. One can favor removing statues of traitors while keeping statues up of Americans who didn't fight against this nation.

Reconciliation was critical after the war, but it didn't absolve the fact that they betrayed the United States.

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

HokieFanDC wrote:
It was a pretty tame post... well, for AG.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:150 years ago was a different time, a different era. You can't compare the goings on then to today.

Reconciliation was critical after the war, but it didn't absolve the fact that they betrayed the United States.

No they didn't, they exercised their right of secession. It was you violent ass clowns from up north that attacked and denied them their right of secession. Try and not be such a stupid and ignorant person.
Last edited by awesome guy on Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
It was a pretty tame post... well, for AG.

So did you name it?
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
No they didn't, they exercised their right of secession. It was you violent ass clowns from up north that attacked and denied them their right of secession. Try and not be such a stupid and ignorant person.
[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

[emoji300] [emoji300] [emoji300] [emoji300] [emoji300] [emoji300] [emoji300] [emoji300] [emoji300] [emoji300] [emoji300]

It's hilarious how you can't see that you yankees established the states as the real slaves in the Civil War. You tracked down and beat states that fled for freedom. Ass clowns.