USC mascot comes under fire, name similar to Lee's horse

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Re: USC mascot comes under fire, name similar to Lee's horse

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:It's hilarious how you can't see that you yankees established the states as the real slaves in the Civil War.
I LOVE UWS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:It's hilarious how you can't see that you yankees established the states as the real slaves in the Civil War.
I LOVE UWS!

UWS, correcting John Oliver style liars and idiots since 2001.

At some point even you have to recognize that you're not honest or smart enough to pull off the mocker shtick.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
I LOVE UWS!

At some point even you have to recognize that you're not honest or smart enough to pull off the mocker shtick.
I don't have to mock anyone when you do a good enough job on your own with such takes. [emoji106]

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
I LOVE UWS!

I don't have to mock anyone when you do a good enough job on your own with such takes. [emoji106]

My take was dead on. Try again fool.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
I predict they'll keep their mouths shut.
Pretty simple. One can favor removing statues of traitors while keeping statues up of Americans who didn't fight against this nation.

150 years ago was a different time, a different era. You can't compare the goings on then to today.
I certainly don't favor removing statues of the Founders who shaped this nation.

You have no problem judging people and events from 150 years ago by today's standards though.
Today's standards are irrelevant. The difference with me is if you fought against my country, and that's why I don't shed a tear when a Confederate statue/symbol goes down. Under no circumstance should symbols of the Founders come down.

So Great Britain, Germany and Italy are enemies now as well?
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:150 years ago was a different time, a different era. You can't compare the goings on then to today.
I certainly don't favor removing statues of the Founders who shaped this nation.

You have no problem judging people and events from 150 years ago by today's standards though.
Today's standards are irrelevant. The difference with me is if you fought against my country, and that's why I don't shed a tear when a Confederate statue/symbol goes down. Under no circumstance should symbols of the Founders come down.

If they were thought to be traitors, they would have been tried and hung.
Reconciliation was critical after the war, but it didn't absolve the fact that they betrayed the United States.

Again, 150 years ago it was roundly believed that the union was a confederation of states and that the states had the right to leave. Times were much different then. You can't view it through today's lens, and that is the problem in saying they were traitors, etc.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

nolanvt wrote:I LOVE UWS!

nolan you do realize how entrenched the textile industry of the North was in the cotton "industry" of the South don't you :?:

So much so that Governors and other politicians of several New England states although proclaiming anti-slavery stances also had very heavy pro manufacturing stances. William Haile, Hiland Hall, William Fessenden and Lot Morrill were among just a few who wanted slavery to stay as an institution in the South.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote: Pretty simple. One can favor removing statues of traitors while keeping statues up of Americans who didn't fight against this nation.

150 years ago was a different time, a different era. You can't compare the goings on then to today.

So Great Britain, Germany and Italy are enemies now as well?
Nolan's true enemies are facts and reason!
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

133743Hokie wrote: So Great Britain, Germany and Italy are enemies now as well?
Who said they're enemies?

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote: I certainly don't favor removing statues of the Founders who shaped this nation.

If they were thought to be traitors, they would have been tried and hung.
Reconciliation was critical after the war, but it didn't absolve the fact that they betrayed the United States.

Again, 150 years ago it was roundly believed that the union was a confederation of states and that the states had the right to leave. Times were much different then. You can't view it through today's lens, and that is the problem in saying they were traitors, etc.
It was the law. The Civil War changed the law to default slavery of the states with the federal government as master. Secession was ended as a right by the states via the war of northern aggression.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

Major Kong wrote:

nolan you do realize how entrenched the textile industry of the North was in the cotton "industry" of the South don't you :?:

So much so that Governors and other politicians of several New England states although proclaiming anti-slavery stances also had very heavy pro manufacturing stances. William Haile, Hiland Hall, William Fessenden and Lot Morrill were among just a few who wanted slavery to stay as an institution in the South.
I understand not all individuals in the North wanted to abolish slavery.

As it pertains to slavery and the Civil War, my position is clear. The South seceded to protect slavery (as evidenced in the Articles of Secession). Lincoln's primary motivation for war was preservation of the Union. Emancipation became a rallying point later on in the war.

Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

nolanvt wrote:I understand not all individuals in the North wanted to abolish slavery.

As it pertains to slavery and the Civil War, my position is clear. The South seceded to protect slavery (as evidenced in the Articles of Secession). Lincoln's primary motivation for war was preservation of the Union. Emancipation became a rallying point later on in the war.

No, nolan that wasn't the point of my post.

My response was in re to your response to AG:
awesome guy wrote:
It's hilarious how you can't see that you yankees established the states as the real slaves in the Civil War.
Damn you can't even keep up with your own nonsense and complete non-understanding of the issue.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
Major Kong wrote:

And yet you can't see how Lincoln enslaved the emancipated south. Their right of secession was rebuked with war as Lincoln wanted their taxes and raw materials.

#idiot
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

Major Kong wrote:
nolanvt wrote:I understand not all individuals in the North wanted to abolish slavery.

awesome guy wrote:
It's hilarious how you can't see that you yankees established the states as the real slaves in the Civil War.
Damn you can't even keep up with your own nonsense and complete non-understanding of the issue.
In that case, AG's point made no sense at all, and I'm not really sure what your point is then either.

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Major Kong wrote:

And yet you can't see how Lincoln enslaved the emancipated south. Their right of secession was rebuked with war as Lincoln wanted their taxes and raw materials.

#idiot
[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Major Kong wrote:

#idiot
[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

[emoji300] [emoji300] [emoji300] [emoji300] [emoji300] [emoji300] [emoji300] [emoji300] [emoji300] [emoji300] [emoji300]

#loser
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Applicable here Image
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:

They were when they attacked us! Hypocrite! It just shows how unaware and vapid your statements are. If a confederate action 150 years ago sets you off, then how about something from 70 years ago. Please, please start thinking thru what you are posting before doing so. You just look more and more unaware.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

USN_Hokie wrote:This is what happens when you capitulate to little petulant children.
I, for one, am offended by the name of the red-umbrella insurance company!
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

nolanvt wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
Vienna_Hokie wrote:In less than a week we've gone from confederate general's statues to all founding father statues and now to horses with names similar to confederate general statues.

Nope...no slippery slope there.

Any of you that support removing statues want to explain how the "first they came for......" isn't happening?
Pretty simple. One can favor removing statues of traitors while keeping statues up of Americans who didn't fight against this nation.

LOL
WRONNNNNGGG.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

133743Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

They were when they attacked us! Hypocrite! It just shows how unaware and vapid your statements are. If a confederate action 150 years ago sets you off, then how about something from 70 years ago. Please, please start thinking thru what you are posting before doing so. You just look more and more unaware.
Wha?
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

RiverguyVT wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
Vienna_Hokie wrote:In less than a week we've gone from confederate general's statues to all founding father statues and now to horses with names similar to confederate general statues.

Any of you that support removing statues want to explain how the "first they came for......" isn't happening?

LOL
WRONNNNNGGG.
What's wrong about that? It's perfectly reasonable to be against statues of Confederates while being in favor of statues of those who didn't fight against this country.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:

LOL
WRONNNNNGGG.
What's wrong about that? It's perfectly reasonable to be against statues of Confederates while being in favor of statues of those who didn't fight against this country.
It's memorials of people attacked by this nation. Try and be more Fox and less Jon Oliver by getting the facts straight in the meltdown.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
I LOVE UWS!

My take was dead on. Try again fool.
[emoji106][emoji106]

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

nolanvt wrote:
Major Kong wrote:

awesome guy wrote:
In that case, AG's point made no sense at all, and I'm not really sure what your point is then either.

Thus.....your non-understanding of the issue. God, I LoVe The Unusuals on UWS.....
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function