8 Browns players kneel for anthem..within 3 years

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
CFB Apologist

8 Browns players kneel for anthem..within 3 years

Post by CFB Apologist »

NFL teams will simply stay in the locker room for the anthem, I predict. Perhaps all sports teams. They will just stay inside and let the "fans" stand for the anthem and be done with it. Sad but true and you can thank Kaepernick- he wants less murderous white racist cops killing people every hour...what he will get is teams not brave enough to deal with the National Anthem and stay in the locker room to "focus on the game". Typical liberal communist unintended consequence.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: 8 Browns players kneel for anthem..within 3 years

Post by USN_Hokie »

I can absolutely see this happening. I'm not sure how well it will work for them, though.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

USN_Hokie wrote:I can absolutely see this happening. I'm not sure how well it will work for them, though.
Outside of Michael Bennett in Seattle, these kneelers are all on losing teams/dreadful orgs like the Browns, Niners, Raiders. If those owners were actually good/had stones, this would not be an issue. Make it a team rule to stand for the Anthem - period. I can't come to work naked- its a workplace rule, and that rule does not violate my 1A rights. Simple. But these losing franchises like the Browns and Niners have no leadership. Buzz Williams explicitly stated that his players will stand for the anthem or they won't play for him. The Browns coach "could" do that, but he is a losing dickhead with no leadership skills.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

Actually I think within 3-5 years the National Anthem will no longer be played at sporting events at all. The progressive, alt-left is continuing the work of Obama and re-imagining the US in their one-world view. Nationalism is under attack. The anthem will be gone.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

133743Hokie wrote:Actually I think within 3-5 years the National Anthem will no longer be played at sporting events at all. The progressive, alt-left is continuing the work of Obama and re-imagining the US in their one-world view. Nationalism is under attack. The anthem will be gone.

Maybe replace it with a Jay Z song with F Bombs in it?? Jay Z is not a racist slave owner, but he used to sell heroine and crack to teenagers.. his songs are fine.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

133743Hokie wrote:Actually I think within 3-5 years the National Anthem will no longer be played at sporting events at all. The progressive, alt-left is continuing the work of Obama and re-imagining the US in their one-world view. Nationalism is under attack. The anthem will be gone.
Why do we play the anthem before sporting events anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
WestEndHokie39

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

nolanvt wrote:

Because it is cool...especially if you have flybys...
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

ESPN is embarrassed by lack of white players that refuse to sit for the national anthem.

All I can do is SMH and WTF?

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:NFL teams will simply stay in the locker room for the anthem, I predict. Perhaps all sports teams. They will just stay inside and let the "fans" stand for the anthem and be done with it. Sad but true and you can thank Kaepernick- he wants less murderous white racist cops killing people every hour...what he will get is teams not brave enough to deal with the National Anthem and stay in the locker room to "focus on the game". Typical liberal communist unintended consequence.
it aint happening in nascar, they say the pledge of allegiance, have a prayer and sing the national anthem. snowflakes heads explode
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

WestEndHokie39 wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

The planes are cool. I was just curious what the point is of playing the national anthem before sporting events. I agree with numbers hokie that it may be phased out at some point.

UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

nolanvt wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

The planes are cool. I was just curious what the point is of playing the national anthem before sporting events. I agree with numbers hokie that it may be phased out at some point.

Because this is America and it used to be one of the few things that still united us. It serves as a reminder that no matter how much you may despise the opposing team, we are all still Americans. But if you don't really want to have reminders to help keep us united, sure go ahead and tear it down just like the statues you want to Taliban.
Last edited by UpstateSCHokie on Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

nolanvt wrote:

ummm..... why have any freaking traditions, geez
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:

Same reason they play Tech Triumph at VT games. Your ignorance is sad, but not unsurprising.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

nolanvt wrote:

Are you really this dense? or really this communist?
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:

If I recall correctly it goes back to a WWI era World Series game...I think.

Yep, here is an article.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/22150/wh ... ing-events
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

133743Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Yep, here is an article.

Thank you for being the only poster to provide an intelligent, non-emotional response.

For those who want to keep politics out of sports, should that be extended to the national anthem as well? Make no mistake, the anthem is political, but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing to conduct.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Yep, here is an article.

Thank you for being the only poster to provide an intelligent, non-emotional response.

For those who want to keep politics out of sports, should that be extended to the national anthem as well? Make no mistake, the anthem is political, but that doesn't mean it's a bad thing to conduct.

At least you excluded yourself from the list of intelligent and non-emotuonal responses. Say the anthem is political is the type of clownish entertainment we love from you.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Yep, here is an article.

When you go to a live sporting event- a Marshall game, etc. Do you stand for the anthem? If you do, you answered your own question on why they play it. And honoring the soldiers that defend the US Flag so that you can go watch grown men play sports and drink beer and eat hotdogs without fear of being killed or the government telling you which team to root for is not "political"..its common decency- If you are an American, that is.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Yep, here is an article.

I will pray for you
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Yep, here is an article.

When you go to a live sporting event- a Marshall game, etc. Do you stand for the anthem? If you do, you answered your own question on why they play it. And honoring the soldiers that defend the US Flag so that you can go watch grown men play sports and drink beer and eat hotdogs without fear of being killed or the government telling you which team to root for is not "political"..its common decency- If you are an American, that is.
I stand for the anthem for my own reasons.

The anthem means different things to different people, so that's how it got intertwined with politics whether you and I like that or not.

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Yep, here is an article.

I will pray for you
Thought you weren't religious? In any case, I appreciate the offer, but don't really see the value in something that's not tangible.

Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Yep, here is an article.

The anthem means different things to different people, so that's how it got intertwined with politics whether you and I like that or not.

The classic millennial statement..."means different things to different people".

Just like...."the sex you identify why is a personal decision, not based on biology"....it's all about how you feel. Nothing means anything really. Math is racist by the way.

Sorry to pick on you Nolan, I mean no ill will, but you provide a lot of ammo. It's the subtly of your brainwashing that is interesting to me more than I enjoy ragging on you. You obviously don't have kids BTW. Maybe you will change when that happens.
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Yep, here is an article.

So when the PA announcer says "To honor America, will you please rise and take off your caps" you are thinking something totally different? interesting. Maybe you do it because you have sweat under your butt? Is that why? your own reasons..lol
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

CFB Apologist wrote:NFL teams will simply stay in the locker room for the anthem, I predict. Perhaps all sports teams. They will just stay inside and let the "fans" stand for the anthem and be done with it. Sad but true and you can thank Kaepernick- he wants less murderous white racist cops killing people every hour...what he will get is teams not brave enough to deal with the National Anthem and stay in the locker room to "focus on the game". Typical liberal communist unintended consequence.

And I won't watch the games if it comes to that.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Yep, here is an article.

Bless your heart
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.