Alma Mater: Manchester

Re: You rednecks don't want to hear this

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: That's why it's good we have you Cleetus, to bring scientific expertise. You are a damned near authority on most things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
got it :twisted: :twisted:

ummm... Kong just destroyed your article with a couple of sentences

But isn't the article you posted the exact same one every time a nature made disaster occurs? hint... it is
I'm glad Kong put to bed any concern over global warming.

You fruit cakes should leave science to the smart people.
Like trump voters I suppose.

They're the only ones that got the election right ...
And crushing it ever since. Good point.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote: got it :twisted: :twisted:

But isn't the article you posted the exact same one every time a nature made disaster occurs? hint... it is

They're the only ones that got the election right ...
And crushing it ever since. Good point.

Yep
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

ip_law-hokie wrote:That's why it's good we have you Cleetus, to bring scientific expertise. You are a damned near authority on most things.

His scientific "expertise" is more valuable than the author's scientific expertise.
ip_law-hokie wrote:I'm glad Kong put to bed any concern over global warming.
If you mean the more accurate term worldwide climate change then hardly but I don't go around around writing an article on one individual storm in Texas and passing it off as science either.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:But it doesn't make it any less true.

Harvey, the Storm That Humans Helped Cause
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/29/opin ... cause.html

yes, I agree the planet is changing, it has been doing that since its formation. In fact way before there was any industry on the planet....it was changing.

So I am glad we all agree the planet is changing. The reality is unless you want to reverse societies back 200+ years there is little more we can do to stop it from changing, keep in mind no matter what we do it will change. But if you can get the world to reverse all advancements and go back to the 1800's type of living...... it will keep on changing which yes means us humans may have to adapt or if the planet changes enough us humans go away
The only silver lining to global warming is that it will impact the South more than the North.

Enjoy your once in a century storms every few years.

You add nothing here. You're another Nolan.
You and Cap'n should use your natural charm to run off anyone who doesn't espouse their alt right, redneck limited world view groupthink. But in the meantime, storms like Harvey are being made worse by global warming.

So how are you going to get china to shut down all their coal power plants immediately? Or for Kali folks to bicycle everywhere? please explain
Not sure about China, but Cali has one of the biggest bike-Nazi communities anywhere. They are doing their best to have people bicycle everywhere, and screw up as much traffic as possible.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Lib-group think is prevalent in these types of situation. But if we have a snow storm on a day when AGW's loons show up to protest "global warming," then its "weather not climate!" But if we have a hurricane (something that is not a new phenomenon) then weather is climate! And that is science!

But climate experts, Gore, Maddow, Lizza, IP, and Brownstein have spoken. If you dare disagree then you're a knuckle-dragging science denier.

============================================

Montage: Media Politicize Hurricane Harvey, Blame Global Warming, Mock GOP
‘Man-made climate change is a myth — the Republican Party is united on that’
Aug 29, 2017
0:00 / 2:26

Members of the major media -- who apparently moonlight as climate scientists -- are already politicizing Hurricane Harvey, insisting the storm proves the validity of the global warming theory, and mocking Republicans who disagree.

Even as many of the actual scientists who appear on these shows have been noticeably more circumspect in pinning blame on global warming for the flooding in Houston, the media isn't letting that skepticism rain on their parade.

CNN's Jeffrey Toobin, for one, mocked Republicans who question the global warming theory.

"Man-made climate change is a myth, the Republican Party is united on that," Toobin said. "You know, climate change is part of this story. We focus on the heroism, quite appropriately, of the people who are trying to save lives. But why disasters like this occur and their intensity is the part of the problem."

The New Yorker's Ryan Lizza said Hurricane Harvey will help Democrats make the case against President Trump's proposed budget, which calls for the construction of a border wall, and does not increase funds for global warming-related projects.

"His budget that he presented to Congress cut a lot of programs, or wanted to cut a lot of programs, that are helpful in a natural disaster like that," Lizza said. "He's also threatened to shut down the government if the border wall is not built. Well, in the wake of a natural disaster like this, the federal government is leading the effort, is Trump really going to stick a promise to shut down the government?"

"Everyone saying this is the storm of the century, the 500-year-storm; twelve years ago it was Katrina. We've had now three storms now in 12 years that were as bad as this," Lizza continued. "And a lot of Democrats will say, 'you know, climate change is actually, this is the kind of flooding you would predict based on the climate change model.'"

MSNBC's Rachel Maddow likewise pointed to there being six major storms in the Gulf since 1989 as evidence for the climage change theory.

"Since 1989," she said, "what they call a 100-year storm -- a storm that’s only supposed to happen once in 100 years -- since 1989 that’s happened six times in Houston."

CNN's Ron Brownstein also joined the chorus, saying "there is no doubt" global warming is to blame.

"Scientists are reluctant to attribute any individual storm to a change in climate," he said Tuesday. "But in my cnn.com column today I quote the former head of NOAA saying this is a preview of the future. There is no doubt that climate change, particularly because of warming the ocean waters and the gulf waters, makes storms like this more common."

The BBC's Laura Trevelyan also reported matter-of-factly that global warming creates humidity, which creates hurricanes: "Of course we do have a changing climate we do have warming waters. With more warming waters, you get more moisture coming into the atmosphere and what hurricanes absolutely love is moisture because that gives them rainfall. And that’s what’s happened in this situation with Hurricane Harvey."

But some climate scientists disagree that Trevelyan, saying that humidity actually dampens the propensity for tropical storms like Harvey.

"The problem with this is that the ability of evaporation to drive tropical storms relies not only on temperature but humidity as well, and calls for drier, less humid air. Claims for starkly higher temperatures are based upon there being more humidity, not less -- hardly a case for more storminess with global warming," MIT's Richard Lindzen wrote in the Wall Street Journal.

https://news.grabien.com/story-montage- ... obal-warmi
Last edited by UpstateSCHokie on Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

What a thread!
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

Major Kong wrote:

Meh these environmeddling ecoloons were writing the same thing after Katrina...We haven't had an hyperactive ACE season in the Atlantic since 2010, there hasn't been an individual hurricane ACE over 70 since Ivan in 2004. Harvey so far has registered a 10.7.

To make matters more telling the loon author only focuses on the US in his diatribe but as in classic liberal racist nitwittery doesn't say a word about the global cyclone season. Noru so far is the leader at 34.57 worldwide...it affected Japan. He's a ½witted economics editorial writer he needs to stick to that genre.
ip is a leftist sheeple. No need to reason with him. He gets his marching orders from the NYeck Times and will soon devolve into "Kiss my ass".
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
Major Kong wrote:

Meh these environmeddling ecoloons were writing the same thing after Katrina...We haven't had an hyperactive ACE season in the Atlantic since 2010, there hasn't been an individual hurricane ACE over 70 since Ivan in 2004. Harvey so far has registered a 10.7.

To make matters more telling the loon author only focuses on the US in his diatribe but as in classic liberal racist nitwittery doesn't say a word about the global cyclone season. Noru so far is the leader at 34.57 worldwide...it affected Japan. He's a ½witted economics editorial writer he needs to stick to that genre.
don't confuse Uncle Fester with facts, you will get a "got it" for sure and prob an emoji
That's why it's good we have you Cleetus, to bring scientific expertise. You are a damned near authority on most things.

yes, the planet is changing, from what I have read even if we were to stop 100% of emissions as of today....the planet would still be warming per some scientist. So since reversing the world societies back into the 1800's is not possible I guess we have to learn to live with the changing planet. But again, good luck getting China to go dark and turn off all the power
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

yes, I agree the planet is changing, it has been doing that since its formation. In fact way before there was any industry on the planet....it was changing.

So I am glad we all agree the planet is changing. The reality is unless you want to reverse societies back 200+ years there is little more we can do to stop it from changing, keep in mind no matter what we do it will change. But if you can get the world to reverse all advancements and go back to the 1800's type of living...... it will keep on changing which yes means us humans may have to adapt or if the planet changes enough us humans go away
The only silver lining to global warming is that it will impact the South more than the North.

You and Cap'n should use your natural charm to run off anyone who doesn't espouse their alt right, redneck limited world view groupthink. But in the meantime, storms like Harvey are being made worse by global warming.

So how are you going to get china to shut down all their coal power plants immediately? Or for Kali folks to bicycle everywhere? please explain
Not sure about China, but Cali has one of the biggest bike-Nazi communities anywhere. They are doing their best to have people bicycle everywhere, and screw up as much traffic as possible.[/quote]

and yet kali has bad smog/air.... thus my point about getting whole countries or any society to revert back to living like it was 200+ years ago
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote: don't confuse Uncle Fester with facts, you will get a "got it" for sure and prob an emoji
That's why it's good we have you Cleetus, to bring scientific expertise. You are a damned near authority on most things.

You had to know the author was spitballing it when he wrote "almost certainly".
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

YepImage
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

awesome guy wrote:YepImage
What happened to Irma :?: :D
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Major Kong wrote:
awesome guy wrote:YepImage
What happened to Irma :?: :D
Couldn't trigger enough fools
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Running away is what someone who makes emotional arguments does when presented with logic, reasoning, and facts. That's why liberals tend to flee lesser moderated social media. IP solves this problem by pretending to vote for politically inconsequential people and responding with "ok" and "kiss my ass" to everything else.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Running away is what someone who makes emotional arguments does when presented with logic, reasoning, and facts. That's why liberals tend to flee lesser moderated social media. IP solves this problem by pretending to vote for politically inconsequential people and responding with "ok" and "kiss my ass" to everything else.
I'm not running away asshole.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:Running away is what someone who makes emotional arguments does when presented with logic, reasoning, and facts. That's why liberals tend to flee lesser moderated social media. IP solves this problem by pretending to vote for politically inconsequential people and responding with "ok" and "kiss my ass" to everything else.
I'm not running away asshole.

Correct. Your solution is not providing anything of substance which can be critiqued. By all means, prove me wrong and link to your last thought - provoking post. You and I know there are none. You're just a troll.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Man made hurricanes.
LMAO
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:Man made hurricanes.
LMAO
Glad you think that is funny, but nobody says that this was a man made hurricane. This was made clear in the article. It would seem obvious, though, that warmer waters will make hurricanes worse. Obvious to all except this crowd apparently.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
LMAO
Glad you think that is funny, but nobody says that this was a man made hurricane. This was made clear in the article. It would seem obvious, though, that warmer waters will make hurricanes worse. Obvious to all except this crowd apparently.
The title of the article literally says "the Storm That Humans Helped Cause"

That retarded sentiment is sprinkled throughout the article.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
LMAO
you do realize that the damage in this hurricane not all of it but a major portion of the dollar damage is going to be due to the flooding, the reason the flooding occurred has absolutely zero to do with global warming or warm water, it has to do with the unfortunate circumstance of having two high pressure systems parked on either side of TX at the exact same time as the hurricane came on shore. It if was not for that FACT the hurricane would have done the damage to the immediate area it came on shore at and then fallen apart as it moved north or NW or NE. There have been plenty of more powerful hurricanes before with less temperature in the waters of the gulf.... katrina ring a bell? or Hugo?, etc etc
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
LMAO
you do realize that the damage in this hurricane not all of it but a major portion of the dollar damage is going to be due to the flooding, the reason the flooding occurred has absolutely zero to do with global warming or warm water, it has to do with the unfortunate circumstance of having two high pressure systems parked on either side of TX at the exact same time as the hurricane came on shore. It if was not for that FACT the hurricane would have done the damage to the immediate area it came on shore at and then fallen apart as it moved north or NW or NE. There have been plenty of more powerful hurricanes before with less temperature in the waters of the gulf.... katrina ring a bell? or Hugo?, etc etc
That is simply incorrect, cwtcr. Warmer waters most definitely increase the water that is added to any hurricane.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
LMAO
DerpImage
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
LMAO
That is simply incorrect, cwtcr. Warmer waters most definitely increase the water that is added to any hurricane.
wow, I am not sure how you missed the point so completely, let me capitalize for you IF THE TWO HIGH PRESSURE SYSTEMS HAD NOT BEEN PARKED WHERE THEY WERE AT THE EXACT TIME THE HURRICANE CAME ONSHORE THE STORM WOULD HAVE MOVED ON SATURDAY OUT OF THE AREA AND THE RAIN TOTALS WOULD BE MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH LESS.....GET IT?

The high pressure systems have zippo to do with global warming... get it????
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
LMAO
wow, I am not sure how you missed the point so completely, let me capitalize for you IF THE TWO HIGH PRESSURE SYSTEMS HAD NOT BEEN PARKED WHERE THEY WERE AT THE EXACT TIME THE HURRICANE CAME ONSHORE THE STORM WOULD HAVE MOVED ON SATURDAY OUT OF THE AREA AND THE RAIN TOTALS WOULD BE MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH LESS.....GET IT?

You said " the reason the flooding occurred has absolutely zero to do with global warming or warm water." That is incorrect.

You are correct that the high pressure systems kept the storm in place. High water temperatures contributed to there being so much rain with the storm.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
LMAO

You said " the reason the flooding occurred has absolutely zero to do with global warming or warm water." That is incorrect.

You are correct that the high pressure systems kept the storm in place. High water temperatures contributed to there being so much rain with the storm.
You're a moron, had nothing to do with climate change or whatever. You scumbags are trying to exploit a crisis.