You rednecks don't want to hear this

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Re: You rednecks don't want to hear this

Post by HokieHam »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote: Ignorant NYeck
"Dislocated 'neck" has a nice ring to it also. :mrgreen:
The surface temperature of the Gulf of Mexico is the warmest it's ever been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crappy science aside, this argument is one of many logical fallacies in his article. He's pretty stupid, or more likely, a political hack.
Both.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:But it doesn't make it any less true.

Harvey, the Storm That Humans Helped Cause
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/29/opin ... cause.html

yes, I agree the planet is changing, it has been doing that since its formation. In fact way before there was any industry on the planet....it was changing.

So I am glad we all agree the planet is changing. The reality is unless you want to reverse societies back 200+ years there is little more we can do to stop it from changing, keep in mind no matter what we do it will change. But if you can get the world to reverse all advancements and go back to the 1800's type of living...... it will keep on changing which yes means us humans may have to adapt or if the planet changes enough us humans go away
The only silver lining to global warming is that it will impact the South more than the North.

Enjoy your once in a century storms every few years.

You add nothing here. You're another Nolan.
You and Cap'n should use your natural charm to run off anyone who doesn't espouse their alt right, redneck limited world view groupthink. But in the meantime, storms like Harvey are being made worse by global warming.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HooFighter wrote:One of the bigger problems in Houston specifically is the amount of uncontrolled growth/sprawl. There have been several major flood events in Houston in the last 10 years because so many areas that used to be soft ground that could soak up water are now parking lots and strip malls. Crappy urban planning enabled by developers and politicians.
beside the fact a very very large city is located right next to the water....it is going to flood, that is what happens right next to water. That is the reason I did not locate my horse operation or farm in an area that is susceptible to major disasters. We have occasional tornados possible but in this area they are usually small and short lived. Biggest threat is wind, no threat of flood.

But yes, it is possible that due to the planet changing some areas that people are in may not be livable in the future, just ask any homeowner that lost a house on the outer banks, every year a few topple into the ocean due to erosion
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

yes, I agree the planet is changing, it has been doing that since its formation. In fact way before there was any industry on the planet....it was changing.

So I am glad we all agree the planet is changing. The reality is unless you want to reverse societies back 200+ years there is little more we can do to stop it from changing, keep in mind no matter what we do it will change. But if you can get the world to reverse all advancements and go back to the 1800's type of living...... it will keep on changing which yes means us humans may have to adapt or if the planet changes enough us humans go away
The only silver lining to global warming is that it will impact the South more than the North.

You and Cap'n should use your natural charm to run off anyone who doesn't espouse their alt right, redneck limited world view groupthink. But in the meantime, storms like Harvey are being made worse by global warming.

I'd rather have nothing than a racist imbecile like you.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

WestEndHokie39 wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote: Ignorant NYeck
"Dislocated 'neck" has a nice ring to it also. :mrgreen:
The surface temperature of the Gulf of Mexico is the warmest it's ever been.

What period of time are you referencing? 20 years? 50 years? 100 years?
We can start with the statistic set forth in the op-ed article I linked but you didn't read.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

So how are you going to get china to shut down all their coal power plants immediately? Or for Kali folks to bicycle everywhere? please explain
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HooFighter wrote:One of the bigger problems in Houston specifically is the amount of uncontrolled growth/sprawl. There have been several major flood events in Houston in the last 10 years because so many areas that used to be soft ground that could soak up water are now parking lots and strip malls. Crappy urban planning enabled by developers and politicians.
That is correct. For a while, there was no urban planning. To a large degree, zoning did not exist in Houston. Not sure if they have changed that by now.

And while I agree with you, 50 inches of rain is still 50 inches of rain.

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Got it.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote: yes, I agree the planet is changing, it has been doing that since its formation. In fact way before there was any industry on the planet....it was changing.

Got it.

Asshole
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: The only silver lining to global warming is that it will impact the South more than the North.

Got it.

Asshole
Stay pissed fat buddy.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:You add nothing here. You're another Nolan.

Got it.

Asshole
Stay pissed fat buddy.

I'm not pissed Uncle Fester
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: You and Cap'n should use your natural charm to run off anyone who doesn't espouse their alt right, redneck limited world view groupthink. But in the meantime, storms like Harvey are being made worse by global warming.

Got it.

Asshole
Stay pissed fat buddy.

OK, good. [emoji8]

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:I'd rather have nothing than a racist imbecile like you.
Got it.

Asshole
Stay pissed fat buddy.

OK, good. [emoji8]

Asshole
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: Got it.

Asshole
Stay pissed fat buddy.

OK, good. [emoji8]

Asshole
[emoji8]

Attila T Hun

Post by Attila T Hun »

Well, we can see the NYeck patent clerk is hard at work today.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Meh these environmeddling ecoloons were writing the same thing after Katrina...We haven't had an hyperactive ACE season in the Atlantic since 2010, there hasn't been an individual hurricane ACE over 70 since Ivan in 2004. Harvey so far has registered a 10.7.

To make matters more telling the loon author only focuses on the US in his diatribe but as in classic liberal racist nitwittery doesn't say a word about the global cyclone season. Noru so far is the leader at 34.57 worldwide...it affected Japan. He's a ½witted economics editorial writer he needs to stick to that genre.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Man made hurricanes. LOL
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
WestEndHokie39

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
That is correct. For a while, there was no urban planning. To a large degree, zoning did not exist in Houston. Not sure if they have changed that by now.

And while I agree with you, 50 inches of rain is still 50 inches of rain.

Excellent points...
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Major Kong wrote:

Meh these environmeddling ecoloons were writing the same thing after Katrina...We haven't had an hyperactive ACE season in the Atlantic since 2010, there hasn't been an individual hurricane ACE over 70 since Ivan in 2004. Harvey so far has registered a 10.7.

To make matters more telling the loon author only focuses on the US in his diatribe but as in classic liberal racist nitwittery doesn't say a word about the global cyclone season. Noru so far is the leader at 34.57 worldwide...it affected Japan. He's a ½witted economics editorial writer he needs to stick to that genre.
don't confuse Uncle Fester with facts, you will get a "got it" for sure and prob an emoji
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
Major Kong wrote:

don't confuse Uncle Fester with facts, you will get a "got it" for sure and prob an emoji
That's why it's good we have you Cleetus, to bring scientific expertise. You are a damned near authority on most things.

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
Major Kong wrote:

That's why it's good we have you Cleetus, to bring scientific expertise. You are a damned near authority on most things.

got it :twisted: :twisted:

ummm... Kong just destroyed your article with a couple of sentences

But isn't the article you posted the exact same one every time a nature made disaster occurs? hint... it is
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
Major Kong wrote:

But isn't the article you posted the exact same one every time a nature made disaster occurs? hint... it is
I'm glad Kong put to bed any concern over global warming.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
Major Kong wrote:

You fruit cakes should leave science to the smart people.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
Major Kong wrote:Meh these environmeddling ecoloons were writing the same thing after Katrina...We haven't had an hyperactive ACE season in the Atlantic since 2010, there hasn't been an individual hurricane ACE over 70 since Ivan in 2004. Harvey so far has registered a 10.7.

Like trump voters I suppose.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote: don't confuse Uncle Fester with facts, you will get a "got it" for sure and prob an emoji

Like trump voters I suppose.

They're the only ones that got the election right ...