1M internet points for the best feigned outrage response...

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
133743Hokie

Re: 1M internet points for the best feigned outrage response

Post by 133743Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
We'll have to wait and see who pays, won't we? I'm sure you're good for it, though.
Yes, I'm good for living up to a joke. :roll:

But, I am good for actually donating to hurricane Harvey relief, not just pledging.
And I'm pretty sure my donation will end up being a larger percentage of my net worthy than what Trump donates as a part of his claimed net worth. :)

And I promise not to announce it to the world on twitter.
So which is it? Is he supposed to set the moral tone for America (denouncing nazis/white supremacists in no uncertain terms, showing charity by making a large personal donation) or not? Can't have it both ways (unless you're an alt-left progressive).
I don't know how to respond to your actual outrage (I'm assuming your post is not TIC) over my feigned outrage.
I'll clarify for you. You were upset that Trump didn't vociferously denounce the nazi/white supremacists, no ifs, ands or buts. Not qualifier about both sides. Trump needs to be the moral compass for the country. He needs to say the right things. OK.

So now Trump tries to act as the moral compass, donating $1M to the red cross for hurricane relief. So you'd think that would be good. He's setting a positive tone for the country. Yet in this instance you bash him for his donation. Will he actually pay it? You're donating more of your net worth than he is. So he isn't actually doing anything positive in your eyes.

So, it appears he can't win with you. Damned if he doesn't, damned if he does.
You should try and read the topic that this thread is about.

It is called feigned outrage. I don't give a crap what Trump pledges, but I can certainly post some feigned outrage. It's not that hard. You seem to have taken my feigned outrage seriously, which means the joke is on you.

As I said before, I can't respond to you actually being upset over my made up outrage.
I'll go out on a limb though and say there's less than a 30% chance Trump donates his personal money.
That's not feigned outrage, or outrage. That's just playing the odds on the moral integrity of Trump.
Woosh -- you missed the topic of the thread (I think you tried to change it)!
But that's okay. You can still be arrogant.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: 1M internet points for the best feigned outrage response

Post by USN_Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: A pledge's value is equal to the integrity of the person giving it.
So you're saying my pledge is worth more. Cool!
We'll have to wait and see who pays, won't we? I'm sure you're good for it, though.
That awkward moment when DC admits by his own logic that his pledge is worth less and he has less integrity than Drumpf.
This is why watching too much CNN is bad for you, DC. :mrgreen: