Jordan Peterson on white privilege.....

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: Jordan Peterson on white privilege.....

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieHam wrote:That comment shows the high brow liberal NYeck attitude. Just like when Recip said only poor people shop at Sams Club.....lol
Yep. Whites are managers and executives, Mexicans work outside and blacks mop floors in the utopia of every liberal city. They can't see their racism.
IP is the Kelly Osborne of UWS:
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: OK. Good luck out on the range today, Cap'n.
I came from people of the earth. I suspect you did as well. The difference is that I'm proud of my ancestors while you attempt to forget them at every opportunity.

I can and have framed, wired, plumbed, shingled a house; butchered an animal; rebuilt engines, transmissions; plowed a field; etc.. You mock people with those skills as "necks" while you sit on the side of the road waiting for a man to show up and change your flat tire. Who's the fool?
I'm sorry - I interpreted the silly meme to refer to today, not to our ancestors.

Carry on mountain man.
You obviously don't even understand the meme. The point is that hard work is misinterpreted as privilege - the type of work is inconsequential.

My post above was a response to your mocking of manual labor.
I'm not sure that hard work is what is being interpreted as white privilege, but I know you think that it is and won't try to change your mind.

And I'm not mocking manual labor. I'm mocking the assertion that it is whites who are performing manual labor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry to trigger your delicate and ass backwards view of the world. March on SJW!

You thinking only white people have office jobs and only Mexicans perform manual labor is the type of racism I expect from ignorant yankees living in segregated communities. Only time a brown skinned person shows up is to mow the lawn, frame a wall, beg on the corner, commit a robbery, or riot and loot. Got it Whitie.
I don't really give a excrement tubs. I'm not sure you understand what "triggered" means outside of Danville.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:That comment shows the high brow liberal NYeck attitude. Just like when Recip said only poor people shop at Sams Club.....lol
IP thinks he lives in an integrated community because black people make him frappachinos at starbucks.
Kiss my ass.
It's true an you know it. You brag about living in a diverse neighborhood, but you wouldn't be caught dead living where they live, working where they work, or sending your kids (if you had any) where theirs go to school. White people are gentrifying the city in search of cheaper housing, and the blacks you're displacing hate you for it.
OK.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: OK. Good luck out on the range today, Cap'n.
I came from people of the earth. I suspect you did as well. The difference is that I'm proud of my ancestors while you attempt to forget them at every opportunity.

I can and have framed, wired, plumbed, shingled a house; butchered an animal; rebuilt engines, transmissions; plowed a field; etc.. You mock people with those skills as "necks" while you sit on the side of the road waiting for a man to show up and change your flat tire. Who's the fool?
I'm sorry - I interpreted the silly meme to refer to today, not to our ancestors.

Carry on mountain man.
You obviously don't even understand the meme. The point is that hard work is misinterpreted as privilege - the type of work is inconsequential.

I'm not sure that hard work is what is being interpreted as white privilege, but I know you think that it is and won't try to change your mind.

And I'm not mocking manual labor. I'm mocking the assertion that it is whites who are performing manual labor.

Sorry to trigger your delicate and ass backwards view of the world. March on SJW!

You thinking only white people have office jobs and only Mexicans perform manual labor is the type of racism I expect from ignorant yankees living in segregated communities. Only time a brown skinned person shows up is to mow the lawn, frame a wall, beg on the corner, commit a robbery, or riot and loot. Got it Whitie.
Uh huh.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: I came from people of the earth. I suspect you did as well. The difference is that I'm proud of my ancestors while you attempt to forget them at every opportunity.

Carry on mountain man.

I don't really give a excrement tubs. I'm not sure you understand what "triggered" means outside of Danville.

You're triggered Fester
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
hate to break it to you Ham, but affluent people aren't battling it out with type 2 diabetics for economy sized hohos at big box stores.
IP is right, you can definitely find trash at a big box store.

HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: We're in total agreement - AG should have had a trigger warning for you before posting that picture since you've never seen a white person doing work before. I hope you can recover in your safe space.
OK. Good luck out on the range today, Cap'n.

Carry on mountain man.

Oh but it is ip. White person + privilege = undeserved station in life according to the SJW's.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
hate to break it to you Ham, but affluent people aren't battling it out with type 2 diabetics for economy sized hohos at big box stores.

100% wrong. Howard County Maryland is the 2-3rd richest county in the country from recent reports. The Costco here is always PACKED- long lines, etc. Plenty of wealthy people shop at Costco. I'm guessing the Costco in fairfax county is equally busy.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

100% wrong. Howard County Maryland is the 2-3rd richest county in the country from recent reports. The Costco here is always PACKED- long lines, etc. Plenty of wealthy people shop at Costco. I'm guessing the Costco in fairfax county is equally busy.
Yeah, I think Costco demographics focus more on household size than income. I'm about 8mo into a free membership at Costco and it looks like a mix. Poor people aren't buying $230 USDA Prime rib roasts, that's for sure.

ETA: lol

Average Costco member owns a house, went to college, and earns over $100k. IP hardest hit.

https://www.cbsnews.com/media/12-things ... ise-you/3/
Last edited by USN_Hokie on Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Yeah, I think Costco demographics focus more on household size than income. I'm about 8mo into a free membership at Costco and it looks like a mix. Poor people aren't buying $230 USDA Prime rib roasts, that's for sure.
Oh yes they are!
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Oh yes they are!
Does Costco take food stamps / WIC?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Oh yes they are!
Don't know, but they'd buy something like that?
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: You should have had a trigger warning for hoof before posting that picture. He's never seen a white person swing a hammer outside before.
That was ip........he only sees Mex-I-Cans building homes........
My bad. Hoof thinks they're all slaving away (excuse the pun) making him $8 Caesar salads.
I didn't use a slur, but I did point that out, correct.

You should consider moving somewhere that doesn't hire illegal unlicensed labor.
And where is that Cap'n?

I don't have a problem with latinos building houses. I have a problem with racially sensitive, desk-jockey, crackers making like they are roping cattle and building houses. Cut the bullshit shall we?

ummmm... this desk jockey has built many structures, finishing one project currently, have to get another one done in the next few months
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

USN_Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Average Costco member owns a house, went to college, and earns over $100k. IP hardest hit.

Hahaha. Just more uppity NYeckness exposed.......
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieHam wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Hahaha. Just more uppity NYeckness exposed.......
I think IP is just disgruntled that he can't fit 32 rolls of toilet paper in his studio apartment. :mrgreen:
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

USN_Hokie wrote:Yeah, I think Costco demographics focus more on household size than income. I'm about 8mo into a free membership at Costco and it looks like a mix. Poor people aren't buying $230 USDA Prime rib roasts, that's for sure.

Costco (and Sam's and BJ's) are all a great deal when you're poor and a great deal when you're not poor.

When I was growing up and poor, we had a Price Club membership (predecessor to Costco) then got BJ's when they opened down the street from us.

Just because I now can afford to buy the things I want to doesn't mean that I want to spend more than I have to and so I still have my same BJ's card I've had since I was 16.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
Vienna_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: libertarian

Post by Vienna_Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Oh yes they are!
Nothing I hate more than seeing a "We accept EBT" sign in front of a convenience store. Enables people that make bad decisions to make more bad decisions with my money.
Looks like the only thing 1984 got wrong was the date.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Both Sam's and Costco take EBT in the club but not online or at the gas pumps.

We don't have Costco down here (dammit...we miss 'em) but have had a Sam's Club membership for decades.

Many small businesses rely on Sam's Club/Costco (I know our stores did)...they are a real positive for the little guys.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

Major Kong wrote:Both Sam's and Costco take EBT in the club but not online or at the gas pumps.

We don't have Costco down here (dammit...we miss 'em) but have had a Sam's Club membership for decades.

Many small businesses rely on Sam's Club/Costco (I know our stores did)...they are a real positive for the little guys.
Yup. They save shoppers money, especially if you can buy in bulk. But......we must be poor.......or something.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

HokieHam wrote:
Major Kong wrote:Both Sam's and Costco take EBT in the club but not online or at the gas pumps.

Yup. They save shoppers money, especially if you can buy in bulk. But......we must be poor.......or something.
They're great for business because the majority of shoppers there over-purchase and create a lot of waste.