Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

University President apologizes for having cotton in home

Post by USN_Hokie »

:lol:

I shouldn't laugh. We're creating a generation of mentally ill babies.
http://m.wmcactionnews5.com/story/36379 ... enterpiece
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Re: University President apologizes for having cotton in hom

Post by Major Kong »

USN_Hokie wrote::lol:

Damn if there aren't some pitiful schmucks out there. :(
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

We're doomed.

Leftism is truly a mental disorder......
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

Worse than the nearly literate moron trying so desperately to be offended, is the heartfelt apology by the feckless and disgusting president of the university.

Disgraceful

If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Lipscomb U, creating the next wave of student loan defaulters and welfare recipients

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
jmac610

Post by jmac610 »

the "outrage" is expected, but what I find surprising is that in this day and age, when nearly everything is perceived to be racist, someone didn't think putting cotton bolls on the centerpiece for an African-American dinner may not go over well.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

jmac610 wrote:the "outrage" is expected, but what I find surprising is that in this day and age, when nearly everything is perceived to be racist, someone didn't think putting cotton bolls on the centerpiece for an African-American dinner may not go over well.
Should we acquiesce to crying fits by babies, or slap them and tell them to grow up? At what point does failure to act become an endorsement?

I don't disagree with what you said, but I don't see it as applicable on a macro level towards preventing incidents like this in the future.
Mcl3 Hokie

Post by Mcl3 Hokie »

I can see why universities want to eliminate SAT and ACT scores from admission standards. The grammar in this note of outrage is nothing short of pathetic.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

You either ignore it; or call her out on her half-wiitted bullshiite.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

jmac610 wrote:the "outrage" is expected, but what I find surprising is that in this day and age, when nearly everything is perceived to be racist, someone didn't think putting cotton bolls on the centerpiece for an African-American dinner may not go over well.
Agree. Common sense and awareness
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

I will say something to make you all feel better. I have worked about four years at a startup in SF, and a lot of the employees are very young. The people that work in Finance and those that interface with Wall St are all super smart and aggressive young people who went to great colleges. The software engineering team is huge and full of recent CS grads, with no offshore. They are all very bright and motivated and work their butts off. The students from Lipscomb U, I would guess, are on the other side of the fence. The thing is, all the idiot millennials get the press, but there are a lot of good ones, they don't fit the media's narrative though.

I think the media exists to piss us all off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

well if they put roses out they would bitch because not enough black people are on the bachelor series on ABC

I say use weed (mary jane), then they could be thrilled and get high... win win
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
OK, now a black woman is lobbing the same racist accusations at Hobby Lobby for selling the same arrangement in their stores.

This is why you don't coddle these idiots. They act this way because people let them. Treat them like adults who don't get offended by natural flora, and point them out as idiots if they do. All these women need someone to tell them to STFU.

http://www.tmj4.com/news/national/compl ... goes-viral

Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

My cousin is a Vietnam vet who did 2 tours. He refuses to come into my house because of our bamboo floors.

I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Major Kong wrote:My cousin is a Vietnam vet who did 2 tours. He refuses to come into my house because of our bamboo floors.

You know what, I'm fine with that.

OTOH, if his great great great great grandkids are offended by your floor, I'd hope someone slaps them.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
OK, now a black woman is lobbing the same racist accusations at Hobby Lobby for selling the same arrangement in their stores.

This is why you don't coddle these idiots. They act this way because people let them. Treat them like adults who don't get offended by natural flora, and point them out as idiots if they do. All these women need someone to tell them to STFU.

does this snowflake wear any clothes with cotton in them

but the boll weevil festival must send these snowflakes into cardiac arrest
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

I assume you do see the difference between the two. One is a setting for an event specifically for blacks; the other is a generic store product that caters to all races all the time. No slippery slope, just an idiot complaining about the store.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

I assume you do see the difference between the two. One is a setting for an event specifically for blacks; the other is a generic store product that caters to all races all the time. No slippery slope, just an idiot complaining about the store.
Sure there is. I would bet you $100 her ancestors in the late 1800's (if they even picked cotton - and oh by the way, she almost certainly has white ancestors too) would have had no problem with that centerpiece.

This is a modern phenomenon created by overstimulation to racial issues. The more you talk about it, the more you'll get of it. People are conditioned to see racism everywhere. Coddling them just exacerbates the problem.