Hurricane Maria

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Re: Hurricane Maria

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:Did you find this storm to be acceptably strong?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We need to increase our green house gas output to make more man made hurricanes with acceptable strength.[/quote].

Helped create.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

That's a distinction without a difference; I don't know why you keep bringing it up.

If you knocked up a chick (God help us), you "helped create" it. That doesn't mean the woman could have had that baby without you (God help us). Ugh...should have picked a better analogy. :?

"caused" is functionally the same as "helped create" here. Global warming is a dependent variable in each instance.[/quote]

You can't comprehend how warmer water makes hurricanes stronger? Maybe you could do some wordsmithing and find a definition of "helped" that supports your theory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]It's only warmer by making the past colder(NOAA raw data edits) and adding in deep sea temps which are another new measuring capability. IE, warning is more liberal bullshit.[/quote]

OK. Hope you are right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

news flash, THE PLANET IS CHANGING, you do realize that the above sea level borders of countries has changed over time and countries have changed. But yes THE PLANET IS CHANGING, it may in fact change so much that we humans go the hell away[/quote]

Thanks.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: Did you find this storm to be acceptably strong?

We need to increase our green house gas output to make more man made hurricanes with acceptable strength.

Helped create.

That's a distinction without a difference; I don't know why you keep bringing it up.

If you knocked up a chick (God help us), you "helped create" it. That doesn't mean the woman could have had that baby without you (God help us). Ugh...should have picked a better analogy. :?

"caused" is functionally the same as "helped create" here. Global warming is a dependent variable in each instance.
You can't comprehend how warmer water makes hurricanes stronger? Maybe you could do some wordsmithing and find a definition of "helped" that supports your theory.

warm water and warmer water was around long before the 1960's or so. FYI, scientists are saying that the North Pole has gained a very large amount of ice.....so maybe the planet is changing and
there is little to nothing you or I do that will change that. Also FYI, even if the US was to shutter every single coal power plant in the country the rest of the planet is building them at a high rate so how are you going to change or stop the rest of the planet?

I know you won't answer, discussion is hard
Well cwtcr, as I said I'm not an expert. When surrounded by climatologist and other experts, sometimes it's best just to set back and take it all in. Thanks to all of you for providing your insight.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote: We need to increase our green house gas output to make more man made hurricanes with acceptable strength.

Helped create.

"caused" is functionally the same as "helped create" here. Global warming is a dependent variable in each instance.

warm water and warmer water was around long before the 1960's or so. FYI, scientists are saying that the North Pole has gained a very large amount of ice.....so maybe the planet is changing and
there is little to nothing you or I do that will change that. Also FYI, even if the US was to shutter every single coal power plant in the country the rest of the planet is building them at a high rate so how are you going to change or stop the rest of the planet?

Well cwtcr, as I said I'm not an expert. When surrounded by climatologist and other experts, sometimes it's best just to set back and take it all in. Thanks to all of you for providing your insight.

Yep, thanks for your insights. I'll stick with the experts and common sense.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

BigDave wrote:They were talking on the news this morning about wood houses with tin roofs. I don't understand how that exists in Puerto Rico. The entire Caribbean is a battering ram for hurricanes - how are they not big on making structures that can withstand them?
Hard to get the appropriate materials there for general (non major commercial) construction.
They don't have the skilled workers to do the necessary type of work.
They can't afford to do what needs to be done to meet current codes.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:.

Helped create.

Don't you always?

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: That's a distinction without a difference; I don't know why you keep bringing it up.

Don't you always?

Yep, not Al Gore
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: You can't comprehend how warmer water makes hurricanes stronger? Maybe you could do some wordsmithing and find a definition of "helped" that supports your theory.

Don't you always?

Yep, not Al Gore
Like Donald Trump! But last I heard that was all a show for you guys.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote: warm water and warmer water was around long before the 1960's or so. FYI, scientists are saying that the North Pole has gained a very large amount of ice.....so maybe the planet is changing and

Don't you always?

Yep, not Al Gore

Him and science, but I can see why you're confused.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: Well cwtcr, as I said I'm not an expert. When surrounded by climatologist and other experts, sometimes it's best just to set back and take it all in. Thanks to all of you for providing your insight.

Don't you always?

Yep, not Al Gore

Isn't Trump coming home on that though? We shall see.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:Yep, thanks for your insights. I'll stick with the experts and common sense.
Don't you always?

Yep, not Al Gore

Isn't Trump coming home on that though? We shall see.

I don't know what you're getting at with your ghetto speak of coming home.