Tucker Carlson sums up the democratic party

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
133743Hokie

Tucker Carlson sums up the democratic party

Post by 133743Hokie »

I think he is spot on with this assessment of the democrats...

"This is what it looks like when the people in charge of a country decide to destroy it. Their motive? it’s always the same, political power. They lost it, they want it back — even if it means hurting the people they are sworn to protect. Democrats alienated the middle of the country during the Obama years but they have no plans to convince those voters to return,” he continued.

“Instead, they plan to replace them with new and more reliable voters from abroad and damn the consequences for the rest of us. That’s why they are far more upset about DACA than they are about the opioid crisis. That’s why they care more about preventing a border wall than they do about raising the wages of American workers. It’s not complicated. What’s amazing is they are now saying it out loud.”
Attila T Hun

Re: Tucker Carlson sums up the democratic party

Post by Attila T Hun »

communists never win!!
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

133743Hokie wrote:I think he is spot on with this assessment of the democrats...

"This is what it looks like when the people in charge of a country decide to destroy it. Their motive? it’s always the same, political power. They lost it, they want it back — even if it means hurting the people they are sworn to protect. Democrats alienated the middle of the country during the Obama years but they have no plans to convince those voters to return,” he continued.

“Instead, they plan to replace them with new and more reliable voters from abroad and damn the consequences for the rest of us. That’s why they are far more upset about DACA than they are about the opioid crisis. That’s why they care more about preventing a border wall than they do about raising the wages of American workers. It’s not complicated. What’s amazing is they are now saying it out loud.”
Both parties just want power. They don't want the other party to get credit for something that is helpful. It's sad.

I'd also contend it's hard to square the auto bailouts with forgetting about the middle of the country.
People who know, know.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:I think he is spot on with this assessment of the democrats...

Both parties just want power. They don't want the other party to get credit for something that is helpful. It's sad.

I'd also contend it's hard to square the auto bailouts with forgetting about the middle of the country.
Read "Fed Up: An Insiders take on Why the Federal Reserve is Bad for America"
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

133743Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

Topic change presumably? Did you read it?
People who know, know.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

I had a banana as a mid-morning snack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

Topic change presumably? Did you read it?
Yes. And not a topic change. You mentioned the GM bailout. The book is essentially about the financial crises of 2007-09, and the subsequent "recovery", and how the Fed was oblivious and actually comnplicit, and there is a part in there about the bailout of GM and why.