Trump: 'Tell That Son of a B***h He's Fired'

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
133743Hokie

Re: Trump: 'Tell That Son of a B***h He's Fired'

Post by 133743Hokie »

I expect we will see the national anthem removed from the start of sporting events within a few years. I also expect the NFL to be first, with the NBA not far behind. The playing of the anthem was started during a time of strife as a patriotic gesture. It's the changing face of America that will result in its being stopped.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote: I don't watch football games to watch the national anthem. I'm sorry if that offends you or other faux patriots.
It's curious that you pretend to not care about things like patriotism, while also seemingly being able to make value judgments of others' patriotism. The truth is that you really don't know what it means.

What have you sacrificed for your country? What have you sacrificed for...anything or anyone? You don't have to answer, we already know: nothing.

Nolan is what happens when households lack male role models.

Yep. Nolan's very protective of his jock-sniffing bonafides. He's on fire!
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote: I don't watch football games to watch the national anthem. I'm sorry if that offends you or other faux patriots.
It's curious that you pretend to not care about things like patriotism, while also seemingly being able to make value judgments of others' patriotism. The truth is that you really don't know what it means.

What have you sacrificed for your country? What have you sacrificed for...anything or anyone? You don't have to answer, we already know: nothing.

[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

nolan took a knee on being a man.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

nolan took a knee on being a man.
Whatever that means?

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

Pussies who protested the NFL today missed the best 1:00 window of games I've seen in a long time.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:... being a man.
Whatever that means?
Exactly.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Whatever that means?
Exactly.
I won that exchange by riling you up enough to make such an emotional tantrum. I was metaphorically cackling and rolling a blunt reading that, hence the [emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91] response. You'll get em next time. [emoji106]

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Whatever that means?
Exactly.
I won that exchange by riling you up enough to make such an emotional tantrum. I was metaphorically cackling and rolling a blunt reading that, hence the [emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91] response. You'll get em next time. [emoji106]

....and this is the part of the thread where - after completely embarrassing himself - nolan pretends that he was joking and declares victory.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

I blame Obama for this mess :!: The DoD started paying the NFL at the start of the 2009 season to have the players come out for the National Anthem in a show of patriotism.

Before that the players and coaches would go into the locker room before the ceremonies and come out afterwards.

If the Obama administration would have kept out of the sports world this mess would have never happened.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Whatever that means?
Exactly.

What? You're a giant loser that lost again.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:LOL.
Man. Trump continues to impress me and win me over

The great divider. He's helping to divide us further and further.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

BG Hokie wrote:

There was a time on UWS when some didn't like the President butting in on private business matters. LOL! Those were the days.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

I'll be damned.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:I'll be damned.
Does that mean that Patriots can enjoy the Redskins game tonight? They stand for the anthem AND have a politically incorrect name. That should count for something, shouldn't it?

21-0 Skins early 3rd quarter.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

BG Hokie wrote:

Uh huh.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:Oh yeah, Trump is weighing in on NFL fiasco. This is going to be glorious as liberals invariably weigh in on the side of the America-haters and further alienate normal Americans. I'm only surprised it's taken this long for Trump to jump into the fray.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/09/22/d ... -sob-field
You can think that kneeling for the anthem is a bad thing, and condemn the folks doing so, without agreeing with the POTUS saying the ppl should be fired for it.

Instead of attacking the players, he should explain why America is the greatest place in the world.

I'm sure everyone here was pissed off at players who didn't go to the WH to see Obama. And I'm sure no one on here has said they would not meet Obama if he invited them.....
Not sure what anything you wrote has to do with the reality of the situation.

Owners shouldn't have ceremonies honoring the flag if they're going to allow their players to disparage it and what it stands for.

The owners are **** cowards. They thought they could juice their ratings with a little controversy and now it's going to sink them. Good riddance.

They have rules and fine players for all sorts of little shirt(Truth is, it's not really a problem among the successful teams...imagine that) . They could stop this today if they wanted to - that's what Trump is talking about, so don't try and turn this into a "Drumpf wants people fired for their political beliefs" discussion. If that wasn't your intention, I apologize in advance.
Not sure what you're talking about with the owners. They are making more money than ever. This has nothing to do with them looking for ratings, that's ridiculous. And no, it's not a Trump wants people fired comment.
It's a comment about the POTUS putting his nose in something that's not really his business, and doing it in the most juvenile way he could. People are given opportunities to respond to situations in a way that can affect change in a positive way, or negative way. He chooses negative 99.9% of the time.
You're right, I meant TV networks execs (had owners on the mind). Replace TV networks for owners and my point stands. That is - they chose to put people like Kaepernick on TV. I stopped watching the NFL a couple years ago, but I never remembered seeing the National Anthem televised (aside from the Super Bowl) until Kaepernick. They thought they could goose their ratings with some drama and it backfired.

As for your last comment - this is an important issue for real conservatives. He would be a fool not to talk about it. You call it juvenile when it's really just a frank and to-the-point manner that most men are accustomed to. It's called leadership.
Agree on the TV execs.

As for talking about it, if he feels the need to talk about it, I think he could do it a lot better. IIWII.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

NDT once again embarrasses himself... Lol
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

USN_Hokie wrote:NDT once again embarrasses himself... Lol
For someone so smart, he really is an idiot.....
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

This has been another brilliant political move by DT. Fires up his base and further alienates the lefty's from the majority of Americans. Love it when the Unusuals expose themselves again and again.....
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:Roger Goodell is triggered...

and somehow I attend in person all hokie home games and every game I will myself to stand up and put my hat over my heart and respect the damn national anthem, not sure how I can do it with all the mean cops around
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

HokieHam wrote:This has been another brilliant political move by DT. Fires up his base and further alienates the lefty's from the majority of Americans. Love it when the Unusuals expose themselves again and again.....
So good for the 2020 campaign?

I'd say it's bad for the country. It's divisive. We're more divided on this issue than we ever were because the President spoke (profanely) with his celebrity apprentice reality tv show character's persona.

The opposite of a statesman. A blow hard who appeals only to those who want to shove liberal opinions up liberal arses.
miles

Post by miles »

BG Hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:This has been another brilliant political move by DT. Fires up his base and further alienates the lefty's from the majority of Americans. Love it when the Unusuals expose themselves again and again.....

I'd say it's bad for the country. It's divisive. We're more divided on this issue than we ever were because the President spoke (profanely) with his celebrity apprentice reality tv show character's persona.

The opposite of a statesman. A blow hard who appeals only to those who want to shove liberal opinions up liberal arses.
Aww, wassamatter, friend? Is your poor little asshole sore? :roll:
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

BG Hokie wrote:

I get it that you're a troll and all, but he ain't the one being divisive by disrespecting our nation.