Now I am glad Steph Curry didn't come to VT

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
UpstateSCHokie

Now I am glad Steph Curry didn't come to VT

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Re: Now I am glad Steph Curry didn't come to VT

Post by ip_law-hokie »

OK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

Usual: Lebron's the best player in the game who would help my team win, but I don't want him because of his politics!

HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

nolanvt wrote:Usual: Lebron's the best player in the game who would help my team win, but I don't want him because of his politics!

Just the other day you came to realize that ESPEN's political angles are hurting the product. Stephen Curry is an employee. Employees do lots of crap they may not like. Curry or LeBron should be no different because they're supastars.

It's bad business. End of the story.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:Usual: Lebron's the best player in the game who would help my team win, but I don't want him because of his politics!

You know this isn't fantasy football, right?

Teams succeed and fail based on the actions of individuals. The later is in play here.

Admittedly, basketball probably requires the least teamwork / strategy - hence it being not only boring/shitty but also creating little drama queens.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

HokieJoe wrote:

Just the other day you came to realize that ESPEN's political angles are hurting the product. Stephen Curry is an employee. Employees do lots of crap they may not like. Curry or LeBron should be no different because they're supastars.

Steph Curry hasn't done anything on company time to hurt his employer. In fact, it would be laughable to suggest that he's harmed Golden State given where the franchise was a decade ago.

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

USN_Hokie wrote:

Teams succeed and fail based on the actions of individuals. The later is in play here.

Admittedly, basketball probably requires the least teamwork / strategy - hence it being not only boring/shitty but also creating little drama queens.
I think my team would win a lot of games if Steph or Lebron played on it.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote: Steph Curry hasn't done anything on company time to hurt his employer. In fact, it would be laughable to suggest that he's harmed Golden State given where the franchise was a decade ago.

Neither did Jerry Sandusky! Great point.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Not if your objective was going to the white house.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote: Steph Curry hasn't done anything on company time to hurt his employer. In fact, it would be laughable to suggest that he's harmed Golden State given where the franchise was a decade ago.

Neither did Jerry Sandusky! Great point.

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

The Warriors objectives are to win games, make money, and win titles. Actually going to the WH, which they did two years ago, is much lower on the priority list given that most players and coaches probably weren't going anyway.

I would take my chances and employ Steph and Lebron if I could.

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

The Warriors are so unhappy with Steph Curry that they signed him to a 5-year, $201M contract this offseason.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

The Warriors objectives are to win games, make money, and win titles. Actually going to the WH, which they did two years ago, is much lower on the priority list given that most players and coaches probably weren't going anyway.

Thanks for the insight, coach. Hopefully you coach basketball better than you debate / troll.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:The Warriors are so unhappy with Steph Curry that they signed him to a 5-year, $201M contract this offseason.

Wow, that's like 1.6 Kaepernicks.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Thanks for the insight, coach. Hopefully you coach basketball better than you debate / troll.
Doesn't take a genius to figure that out. Even Ricky Stokes would win a lot of games with Lebron. Well, maybe.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

I don't deny that basketball is a crap sport. I thought I made that clear.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote: The Warriors objectives are to win games, make money, and win titles. Actually going to the WH, which they did two years ago, is much lower on the priority list given that most players and coaches probably weren't going anyway.

Sounds like going to DC and becoming the Golden Justice Warriors is high on their priority list.
I guess we'll see how dragging their team into politics works out for them. Lord knows if there's anywhere that hating America would work, it would be the NBA.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

nolanvt wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:

Steph Curry hasn't done anything on company time to hurt his employer. In fact, it would be laughable to suggest that he's harmed Golden State given where the franchise was a decade ago.

He's answerable to the league and his customers as well. Alienating either is bad business. Many athletes have visited the White House over the years. Even though you may not like the POTUS, you still show respect for the office.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

HokieJoe wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:

He's answerable to the league and his customers as well. Alienating either is bad business. Many athletes have visited the White House over the years. Even though you may not like the POTUS, you still show respect for the office.
His employer gave him a 5-year, $201M contract extension this offseason. I think they're okay with him.

Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Meh I'd be more apt to watch North Korean peewee soccer than I would the NBA.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Silly necks.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

ip_law-hokie wrote:

Silly necks.

It's amusing. I guess the old white guys who weren't already watching the NBA will boycott it now.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:The Warriors are so unhappy with Steph Curry that they signed him to a 5-year, $201M contract this offseason.

#Nolan
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:

#Nolan
Great retort. His employer and league's governing body are so pissed at him, that they've issued public statements in support of his position.