Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Vienna_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: libertarian

Another example of why the left is failing

Post by Vienna_Hokie »

According to this article women voted against hillary because they are beholden to men. They should have voted for her because she is a woman, but instead voted against her because if their own self interest.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/why-hillary- ... 11427.html

In other words all votes should be cast based on identity politics, not based on an understanding of issues and how they impact them.

I'm glad there are lots of women in the world who aren't as ignorant as the left thinks they are...or should be. Tell me again which party is sexist?
Looks like the only thing 1984 got wrong was the date.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Re: Another example of why the left is failing

Post by HokieHam »

Vienna_Hokie wrote:According to this article women voted against hillary because they are beholden to men. They should have voted for her because she is a woman, but instead voted against her because if their own self interest.

In other words all votes should be cast based on identity politics, not based on an understanding of issues and how they impact them.

I'm glad there are lots of women in the world who aren't as ignorant as the left thinks they are...or should be. Tell me again which party is sexist?
Yup. Identity politics is going to be the undoing of the left.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

HokieHam wrote:Yup. Identity politics is going to be the undoing of the left.
It's already starting IMHO.

You have BLM turning on Antifa, Gay groups at odds with each other and the list goes on.

There is only so much appeasement to go around before it devolves into aggravation.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Liberalism is a mental disorder.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

I am starting to wonder if fat hillary actually believes that. I assumed that as the anointed "smartest women in the world" * that she knew that women were not persecuted or disadvantaged in this country. And that she was using that lie as a wedge issue to get votes and money from stupid people.

But maybe her abusive relationship with wild bill left her psychologically scarred.
Maybe she had a bad relationship with her father.

She may actually believe the crud she spews.

* Of course those that anointed her the smartest woman in the world are the same dopes who proclaimed obama the smartest person ever to work in the oval office. So...

quote="Vienna_Hokie"]According to this article women voted against hillary because they are beholden to men. They should have voted for her because she is a woman, but instead voted against her because if their own self interest.

I'm glad there are lots of women in the world who aren't as ignorant as the left thinks they are...or should be. Tell me again which party is sexist?[/quote]
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
Vienna_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: libertarian

Post by Vienna_Hokie »

oaktonhokie wrote:I am starting to wonder if fat hillary actually believes that. I assumed that as the anointed "smartest women in the world" * that she knew that women were not persecuted or disadvantaged in this country. And that she was using that lie as a wedge issue to get votes and money from stupid people.

But maybe her abusive relationship with wild bill left her psychologically scarred.
Maybe she had a bad relationship with her father.

She may actually believe the crud she spews.

* Of course those that anointed her the smartest woman in the world are the same dopes who proclaimed obama the smartest person ever to work in the oval office. So...

Vienna_Hokie wrote:According to this article women voted against hillary because they are beholden to men. They should have voted for her because she is a woman, but instead voted against her because if their own self interest.

I continue to wonder how much of their BS the left believes because they don't allow dissent from the message vs how much of it is the playbook of identity politics. I'm not sure which scares me more, the idea that they believe this crap or that they are so partisan and power hungry that they will continue to push this obvious BS and destroy the country if they can't.
Looks like the only thing 1984 got wrong was the date.