Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Techmomof2
Alma Mater: Penn State

The Democrat's Dolchstosslegende

Post by Techmomof2 »

https://sultanknish.blogspot.com/2017/0 ... gende.html

The Democrats went into the election certain that they were going to win. The New York Times rated Hillary’s chances at 93%. The Huffington Post raised that to 98%. That was still too modest for Obama campaign manager David Plouffe who predicted a 100% likelihood of Hillary winning.

It wasn’t strategy or statistics that made the Dems think that victory was certain. It was ideology.

Obama had spent two terms telling them that they were on the “right side of history”. The more the Dems swung left, the closer to the right side of history they were. Their leftist views were naturally superior. They were based on science while their opponents were superstitious buffoons. They were enlightened while their enemies were bigots. They were smart and conservatives were dumb.

Delusions of superiority had convinced them that Republicans couldn’t win an honest election. When Bush won, it was because his brother and the Supreme Court had rigged the election. The Republican victories that swept much of the country were only due to voter suppression and redistricting.

The Democrats had allowed themselves to believe that they were so innately superior that they couldn’t lose an election except through fraud or dirty tricks. The humiliating defeats of McGovern, Carter, Mondale and Dukakis were all in the past. They had gone so far to the left that they couldn’t lose.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Re: The Democrat's Dolchstosslegende

Post by Major Kong »

I enjoyed reading that.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

Techmomof2
Alma Mater: Penn State

Re: The Democrat's Dolchstosslegende

Post by Techmomof2 »

Major Kong wrote:I enjoyed reading that.
Good comments, too