Be Civil. Go Hokies.
FireFuente
Alma Mater: VT

No discussion about VT's new logo?

Post by FireFuente »

BG Hokie

Re: No discussion about VT's new logo?

Post by BG Hokie »

What does the logo or the old one for that matter have to do with "inclusiveness"?
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

looks worse.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

...the mark encapsulates the vision and energy of President Tim Sands, Provost Thanassis Rikakis, and other members of the community who are driving Virginia Tech forward.
That right there was all I needed to read to know that this is just more leftwing nonsense.
The lettering reflects the VT-shaped educational experience. The vertical bar of the T represents disciplinary depth, while the horizontal bar reflects the ability to work across disciplines. The arms of the V represent applying knowledge in real-world settings and the spirit of Ut Prosim. The logo’s openness and shape highlight Virginia Tech’s identity as an inclusive community that thrives at the intersection of academic disciplines.
Good grief, what a bunch of phony feel-good mumbo jumbo that is. It almost seems like they've borrowed the design from somewhere else...

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

Meh.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

FireFuente wrote:Now with 67% more inclusiveness...

https://vtnews.vt.edu/articles/2017/09/unirel-mark.html
Yuck.

I don't love the current one much, but I don't like not having outlines around the letters. Having a white t-shirt with a VT logo that has an orange outline and maroon fill, is nice. Can't do it with this new thing.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

BG Hokie wrote:What does the logo or the old one for that matter have to do with "inclusiveness"?
its the feel good mumbo jumbo that came in the announcement about the new logo
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

1. Looks stupid.

2. It does look like the Planned Parenthood font.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
...the mark encapsulates the vision and energy of President Tim Sands, Provost Thanassis Rikakis, and other members of the community who are driving Virginia Tech forward.
That right there was all I needed to read to know that this is just more leftwing nonsense.
The lettering reflects the VT-shaped educational experience. The vertical bar of the T represents disciplinary depth, while the horizontal bar reflects the ability to work across disciplines. The arms of the V represent applying knowledge in real-world settings and the spirit of Ut Prosim. The logo’s openness and shape highlight Virginia Tech’s identity as an inclusive community that thrives at the intersection of academic disciplines.
Good grief, what a bunch of phony feel-good mumbo jumbo that is. It almost seems like they've borrowed the design from somewhere else...

Atta boy! Boycott?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

Example 5,678 of "change for the sake of change".. I think liberals often call this "progress".. lol.. It's 99% the same logo, but this is an opportunity to say it represents diversity, so VT doesn't look racist. that's all this is.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:

If the new VT logo makes you think of PP, you might have a mental problem.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

HokieFanDC wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

If the new VT logo makes you think of PP, you might have a mental problem.
Side note... until I saw a story on the "new" VT athletic font being inspired by the old NASA logo, I have not been able to think of anything sense! Everytime I see it I think of NASA now. Like when you first learn of the forward arrow embedded in the Fed Ex logo- genius
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

FireFuente wrote:Now with 67% more inclusiveness...

https://vtnews.vt.edu/articles/2017/09/unirel-mark.html

I'm a'gin it.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Yknow... for a university, we market like crap. Seems we always have.
Salute the Marines
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

RiverguyVT wrote:Yknow... for a university, we market like crap. Seems we always have.

yeah, we're an engineering and agricultural school. Placating to the liberal arts will destroy our bread and butter.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Like I wrote on TSL it looks like a bus logo.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:Example 5,678 of "change for the sake of change".. I think liberals often call this "progress".. lol.. It's 99% the same logo, but this is an opportunity to say it represents diversity, so VT doesn't look racist. that's all this is.
It's actually very different. This is the new academic logo that more closely resembles our athletic logo (which hasn't changed). This replaces the Virginia Tech Invent the Future logo with the pylons. See attached link.https://vt.edu/about/traditions.html
Attachments
old logo.jpg
old logo.jpg (20.11 KiB) Viewed 1603 times
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

RiverguyVT wrote:Yknow... for a university, we market like crap. Seems we always have.
100% correct- always been pathetic- even today. Go to a bowl game and look at the merchandise tents. When we play an SEC or B1G school, they literally have 80% more choices in shirts, jackets, hats, etc. VT has 3 choices of ugly white t shirts. I am not exaggerating. Even places like Campus Emporium in blacksburg have like 6 of the new jerseys in stock all size 4x. Ridiculous. I once heard that to get a licensing deal with VT is nearly impossible- which is probably true too.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

awesome guy wrote:

yeah, we're an engineering and agricultural school. Placating to the liberal arts will destroy our bread and butter.

LOL
Wut?!?
Salute the Marines
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

BG Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:Example 5,678 of "change for the sake of change".. I think liberals often call this "progress".. lol.. It's 99% the same logo, but this is an opportunity to say it represents diversity, so VT doesn't look racist. that's all this is.
It's actually very different. This is the new academic logo that more closely resembles our athletic logo (which hasn't changed). This replaces the Virginia Tech Invent the Future logo with the pylons. See attached link.https://vt.edu/about/traditions.html
Its a sleek square root of 1 as opposed to the rigid square root of one that has been at VT since the 80's.. That is what I was referring to - it looks 99% like the current "VT".. Yes, sure the letterhead used in Burress will look different now, but it is just a slightly modified "VT"
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

BG Hokie wrote:
The new tag line is ridiculous.....
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

The new logo is OK, but I don't like that they are mothballing the Pylons academic logo...
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

That's hideous.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Looks like shiite.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

Atta boy! Boycott?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can't like this *new VT* logo. It looks like something Liberace would design.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson