(stupid title length restrictions)

Good stuff.

https://nypost.com/2017/09/27/trump-to- ... ate-lines/
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Re: Trump prep'ing EO to allow ins to be sold across state l

Post by HokieJoe »

USN_Hokie wrote:(stupid title length restrictions)

Good stuff.

Everyone should be on board with this.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

HokieJoe wrote:

Good stuff.

Everyone should be on board with this.
Makes sense, sucks that it has to be an EO. Horrible precedent that seems to have really accelerated this century.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Good stuff.

so that means all the insurance companies that are set up in each state combine their operations under one national brand. I never understood how it would be that much cheaper. Keep in mind that insurance stuff still has to go thru state licensing issues in some states.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

cwtcr hokie wrote:

Good stuff.

so that means all the insurance companies that are set up in each state combine their operations under one national brand. I never understood how it would be that much cheaper. Keep in mind that insurance stuff still has to go thru state licensing issues in some states.

because then they're spreading risk over 330 million people instead of 10 million or whatever.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

What if VA tells the insurance companies nyet :?: Or says yes to NC & MD but no to the others.

Insurance Interstate Compacts :?:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Good stuff.

because then they're spreading risk over 330 million people instead of 10 million or whatever.
but they already are, blue cross is set up in certain states but it is all blue cross, the same with the other companies. It just means you take the state names out of the company names. United healthcare is multi state, same thing
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

Major Kong wrote:What if VA tells the insurance companies nyet :?: Or says yes to NC & MD but no to the others.

Interstate Commerce.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Good stuff.

but they already are, blue cross is set up in certain states but it is all blue cross, the same with the other companies. It just means you take the state names out of the company names. United healthcare is multi state, same thing

How much money is wasted with these Compacts? Each company should be it’s own business entity conducting business in each state; and competing against other companies doing the exact same thing.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieJoe wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Good stuff.

How much money is wasted with these Compacts? Each company should be it’s own business entity conducting business in each state; and competing against other companies doing the exact same thing.
I understand that, I seriously doubt each blue cross is operated as evreything done in house, the admin stuff is most likely centralized
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Major Kong wrote:What if VA tells the insurance companies nyet :?: Or says yes to NC & MD but no to the others.

That would be a clear interstate commerce case. I'd imagine the SCOTUS would squash that like a bug.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:

That would be a clear interstate commerce case. I'd imagine the SCOTUS would squash that like a bug.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Shouldn't you be spell checking a patent application or something?
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:

Good stuff.

Yeh, the state licensing issue is the problem. Still tough to cross state lines with all the different regs. Needs to be something other than an EO, but it's a good start.