FBI Crime Statistics for 2016 released. Get yer popcorn

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

FBI Crime Statistics for 2016 released. Get yer popcorn

Post by USN_Hokie »

You might say that blacks are born on the 50yd line when it comes to crime and violence...most of it against each other. I'll dig through the data later, but this article has some chilling stats:
The FBI released its official crime tally for 2016 on Monday, and the data flies in the face of the rhetoric that professional athletes rehearsed in revived Black Lives Matter protests over the weekend.

Nearly 900 additional blacks were killed in 2016 compared with 2015, bringing the black homicide victim total to 7,881. Those 7,881 “black bodies,” in the parlance of Ta-Nehisi Coates, are 1,305 more than the number of white victims (which in this case includes most Hispanics) for the same period, though blacks are only 13 percent of the nation’s population.

The increase in black homicides last year comes on top of a previous 900-victim increase between 2014 and 2015.

Who is killing these black victims? Not whites, and not the police, but other blacks.

In 2016, the police fatally shot 233 blacks, the vast majority armed and dangerous, according to the Washington Post. The paper categorized only 16 black male victims of police shootings as “unarmed.” That classification masks assaults against officers and violent resistance to arrest.

Contrary to the Black Lives Matter narrative, the police have much more to fear from black males than black males have to fear from the police. In 2015, a police officer was 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male was to be killed by a police officer.

Black males have made up 42 percent of all cop-killers over the last decade, though they are only 6 percent of the population. That 18.5 ratio undoubtedly worsened in 2016, in light of the 53 percent increase in gun murders of officers — committed vastly and disproportionately by black males.

Among all homicide suspects whose race was known, white killers of blacks numbered only 243.

Violent crime has now risen by a significant amount for two consecutive years. The total number of violent crimes rose 4.1 percent in 2016, and estimated homicides rose 8.6 percent.

In 2015, violent crime rose by nearly 4 percent and estimated homicides by nearly 11 percent. The last time violence rose two years in a row was 2005-06.

The reason for the current increase is what I have called the Ferguson Effect. Cops are backing off of proactive policing in high-crime minority neighborhoods, and criminals are becoming emboldened.

Having been told incessantly by politicians, the media and Black Lives Matter activists that they are bigoted for getting out of their cars and questioning someone loitering on a known drug corner at 2 a.m., many officers are instead just driving by.

Such stops are discretionary; cops don’t have to make them. And when political elites demonize the police for just such proactive policing, we shouldn’t be surprised when cops get the message and do less of it.

Seventy-two percent of the nation’s officers say that they and their colleagues are now less willing to stop and question suspicious persons, according to a Pew Research poll released in January 2017. The reason is the persistent anti-cop climate.

Four studies came out in 2016 alone rebutting the charge that police shootings are racially biased. If there is a bias in police shootings, it works in favor of blacks and against whites. That truth has not stopped the ongoing demonization of the police — including, now, by many of the country’s ignorant professional athletes.

The toll will be felt, as always, in the inner city, by the thousands of law-abiding people there who desperately want more police protection.

From City Journal, where Heather Mac Donald is a contributing editor.

https://nypost.com/2017/09/26/all-that- ... homicides/
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: FBI Crime Statistics for 2016 released. Get yer popcorn

Post by awesome guy »

Math is racist!

BG, IP, and company think it's cool to insult the police and our nation, free speech! This is what you get when you not only accept, but celebrate cop killers, violence, and noncompliance ... more of it. It's common sense for most people, some have to see it for themselves and still won't get it. And just like IP being too fearful to intervene with a black saying (racial slur censored by rule) when he falls all over themselves to condemn a white, this report is also too damming and fearful to be discussed. They'll just silently fold it into another justification for their abortion policy without publicly connecting the two.

Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:Math is racist!

BG, IP, and company think it's cool to insult the police and our nation, free speech!
Let's have a real conversation, seriously. I don't think it's cool to insult police and our nation. I've never said that, EVER.

I think we have a problem with how quickly our armed government agents use deadly force. I think it disproportionately impacts the black community for the very reason that these crime statistics illustrate.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

BG Hokie wrote:

BG, IP, and company think it's cool to insult the police and our nation, free speech!
Let's have a real conversation, seriously. I don't think it's cool to insult police and our nation. I've never said that, EVER.

I think we have a problem with how quickly our armed government agents use deadly force. I think it disproportionately impacts the black community for the very reason that these crime statistics illustrate.
you do realize what a threat is, right?

if you are threatened do you just ask nicely for the person not to harm you?

As the sacramento police chief said after their officers tried to stop a guy a couple weeks back and when they had several officers around his pickup (the guy was wanted for a double murder) he came out shooting, fired six shots at cops hitting two of them before they filled him full of holes 14 times thus thankfully removing a piece of crap from the planet (thank you cops). Some dumbass reporter demanded to know why they did not taze the guy, the chief said you don't bring a tazer to a gun fight.

Cops have every right to protect themselves and others, if the morons committing all the crimes and interacting with them would listen to them and comply with commands they would be much healthier. Please name a case where a person was just minding his own business and the cops executed him.....
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

The uptick in violent crime the past two years is minor, and certainly not an indicator of an onward trend, and still puts it at a level of half of where it was in the early 90s. There are no broad brush, nationwide conclusions to be drawn. Violent crime is still highest in low socioeconomic urban areas, most heavily populated by minorities. Why it ebbs and flows is unknown.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:You might say that blacks are born on the 50yd line when it comes to crime and violence...most of it against each other. I'll dig through the data later, but this article has some chilling stats:
The FBI released its official crime tally for 2016 on Monday, and the data flies in the face of the rhetoric that professional athletes rehearsed in revived Black Lives Matter protests over the weekend.

Nearly 900 additional blacks were killed in 2016 compared with 2015, bringing the black homicide victim total to 7,881. Those 7,881 “black bodies,” in the parlance of Ta-Nehisi Coates, are 1,305 more than the number of white victims (which in this case includes most Hispanics) for the same period, though blacks are only 13 percent of the nation’s population.

The increase in black homicides last year comes on top of a previous 900-victim increase between 2014 and 2015.

Who is killing these black victims? Not whites, and not the police, but other blacks.

In 2016, the police fatally shot 233 blacks, the vast majority armed and dangerous, according to the Washington Post. The paper categorized only 16 black male victims of police shootings as “unarmed.” That classification masks assaults against officers and violent resistance to arrest.

Contrary to the Black Lives Matter narrative, the police have much more to fear from black males than black males have to fear from the police. In 2015, a police officer was 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male was to be killed by a police officer.

Black males have made up 42 percent of all cop-killers over the last decade, though they are only 6 percent of the population. That 18.5 ratio undoubtedly worsened in 2016, in light of the 53 percent increase in gun murders of officers — committed vastly and disproportionately by black males.

Among all homicide suspects whose race was known, white killers of blacks numbered only 243.

Violent crime has now risen by a significant amount for two consecutive years. The total number of violent crimes rose 4.1 percent in 2016, and estimated homicides rose 8.6 percent.

In 2015, violent crime rose by nearly 4 percent and estimated homicides by nearly 11 percent. The last time violence rose two years in a row was 2005-06.

The reason for the current increase is what I have called the Ferguson Effect. Cops are backing off of proactive policing in high-crime minority neighborhoods, and criminals are becoming emboldened.

Having been told incessantly by politicians, the media and Black Lives Matter activists that they are bigoted for getting out of their cars and questioning someone loitering on a known drug corner at 2 a.m., many officers are instead just driving by.

Such stops are discretionary; cops don’t have to make them. And when political elites demonize the police for just such proactive policing, we shouldn’t be surprised when cops get the message and do less of it.

Seventy-two percent of the nation’s officers say that they and their colleagues are now less willing to stop and question suspicious persons, according to a Pew Research poll released in January 2017. The reason is the persistent anti-cop climate.

Four studies came out in 2016 alone rebutting the charge that police shootings are racially biased. If there is a bias in police shootings, it works in favor of blacks and against whites. That truth has not stopped the ongoing demonization of the police — including, now, by many of the country’s ignorant professional athletes.

The toll will be felt, as always, in the inner city, by the thousands of law-abiding people there who desperately want more police protection.

As I have said repeatedly, the biggest danger to a black person... is another black person. And these morons wonder why cops are more tense when interacting with black folks. Of course if anyone watches Live PD which shows actual footage of cop interactions they would see the total crap cops have to deal with every day
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

BG Hokie wrote:

Got any statistics to support that? Death by cop is incredibly rare.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:

As the sacramento police chief said after their officers tried to stop a guy a couple weeks back and when they had several officers around his pickup (the guy was wanted for a double murder) he came out shooting, fired six shots at cops hitting two of them before they filled him full of holes 14 times thus thankfully removing a piece of crap from the planet (thank you cops). Some dumbass reporter demanded to know why they did not taze the guy, the chief said you don't bring a tazer to a gun fight.

Cops have every right to protect themselves and others, if the morons committing all the crimes and interacting with them would listen to them and comply with commands they would be much healthier. Please name a case where a person was just minding his own business and the cops executed him.....
Do you understand the concept of what a strawman argument is?
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

BG Hokie wrote:

That's easy say on Monday morning. If a cop is telling someone to put their hands in the air and the person instead reaches into their pants, a cop has to view that as a threat. There will be cops making criminally bad decisions, but those are dealt with. There is no error-free solution, that's just a fact of life.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:

It is extremely rare and when they happen they make big news. I think the Castille death was a completely unncecessary quick trigger. Not sure if it was criminal (he was indicted IIRC) but unnecessary with better judgment. I realize and respect that cops are in an impossible situation but I don't think we do it very well right now.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

BG Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:

It is extremely rare and when they happen they make big news. I think the Castille death was a completely unncecessary quick trigger. Not sure if it was criminal (he was indicted IIRC) but unnecessary with better judgment. I realize and respect that cops are in an impossible situation but I don't think we do it very well right now.
And why is that? What data draws that conclusion?
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:The uptick in violent crime the past two years is minor, and certainly not an indicator of an onward trend, and still puts it at a level of half of where it was in the early 90s. There are no broad brush, nationwide conclusions to be drawn. Violent crime is still highest in low socioeconomic urban areas, most heavily populated by minorities. Why it ebbs and flows is unknown.
It's known. Abortion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

Philando Castile was bad judgment by a police officer. Horrible judgment even. He informed the officer he had a gun and was told to get his license and registration.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:The uptick in violent crime the past two years is minor, and certainly not an indicator of an onward trend, and still puts it at a level of half of where it was in the early 90s. There are no broad brush, nationwide conclusions to be drawn. Violent crime is still highest in low socioeconomic urban areas, most heavily populated by minorities. Why it ebbs and flows is unknown.
It's known. Abortion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kill dem black babies! Freakenomics is wrong by the way.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

BG Hokie wrote:Philando Castile was bad judgment by a police officer. Horrible judgment even. He informed the officer he had a gun and was told to get his license and registration.
and was told repeatedly to STOP REACHING..... again, listening and complying is important. Never mind the guy was well known by the local cops for his other crimes. Yes the cop was indicted, he will not be convicted once it goes to trial.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

BG Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:

you do realize what a threat is?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:

you do realize what a threat is?

I think that's really his issue. He's using the standard of 20/20 vision and thinking a threat is only what was known to be dangerous. But it's the other way, a hand in the pocket is a threat as the cop doesn't know what's in the pocket. BG can only relate to something obvious like the Capital One Visigoths swinging an ax at him as a threat.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

The problem is very apparent, we just don't have the balls to discuss it as a society.

Over 50% of homicides and (or close to) violent crime is committed by 13% of the population.

But wait, it gets worse: the overwhelming majority of crimes committed by that demographic are by males, or ~7% of the US population.

But wait, it gets worse: the overwhelming majority of crimes committed by black males are in the 18-35 age demographic, which makes up ~3% of the population.

But wait, it gets worse: the overwhelming majority of crimes committed by black males in the 18-35 age demographic occur in specific neighborhoods in the inner cities.

The final situation is that we end up with a very small demographic in a very small geographic area which is responsible for a great deal of the crime in this country. If we focused our policing efforts on those areas, arrest and take the people committing crimes off the street (instead of slapping their wrists and sending them on their way), we could go a long way towards solving the problem. Rudy Guilliani and (sigh) Clinton's efforts in the 90s are a good road map.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
The problem is very apparent, we just don't have the balls to discuss it as a society.

Over 50% of homicides and (or close to) violent crime is committed by 13% of the population.

But wait, it gets worse: the overwhelming majority of crimes committed by that demographic are by males, or ~7% of the US population.

But wait, it gets worse: the overwhelming majority of crimes committed by black males are in the 18-35 age demographic, which makes up ~3% of the population.

But wait, it gets worse: the overwhelming majority of crimes committed by black males in the 18-35 age demographic occur in specific neighborhoods in the inner cities.

The final situation is that we end up with a very small demographic in a very small geographic area which is responsible for a great deal of the crime in this country. If we focused our policing efforts on those areas, arrest and take the people committing crimes off the street (instead of slapping their wrists and sending them on their way), we could go a long way towards solving the problem. Rudy Guilliani and (sigh) Clinton's efforts in the 90s are a good road map.
don't confuse them with facts

its whiteys fault
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

BG Hokie wrote:Philando Castile was bad judgment by a police officer. Horrible judgment even. He informed the officer he had a gun and was told to get his license and registration.
Why are you even bringing this up? This is a speck of dust in the galaxy of violence against / by black men.

1. Man was shot.
2. System worked.

You want to know bad judgment? How about selling drugs and shooting someone who looks at you funny on the street. The needle is hovering just above zero on my give a f*ck meter on this.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

7,881 Black's killed total.
243 blacks killed by whites.
233 blacks killed by cops (many of them probably white).

1 black killed under questionable circumstances according to BG Hokie.

0 blacks killed by Confederate monuments.
0 blacks killed by Confederate battle flag.

Black people should be protesting rap music, crappy public schools, handouts which promote out of wedlock births and trap people in the benefit "donut."
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:

Winner, winner.

Seriously, if black leaders actually cared about improving their community, they focus internally, not externally.
If they come up with a plan (outside of affirmative action, reparations, tearing down statues), and need funds to implement it, then the US govt. should do so.
Instead, we have the Reverends, Spike Lee, Cornel West, and a host of other idiots telling ppl the only solution is for white people to be nicer.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

USN_Hokie wrote:You might say that blacks are born on the 50yd line when it comes to crime and violence...most of it against each other. I'll dig through the data later, but this article has some chilling stats:

"Yeah it's not a white cop problem, but 1 death is too many, we can do better". BLM/kaepernick
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

BG Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:

I'll start by saying I am not going to research old posts. That said, didn't someone here once dig up statistics re: contacts made by police? Adjusting for the number of contacts, cops killed whites at the same or higher rate than they killed blacks, IIRC.

Anyone else remember that?
We've had this discussion many times.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

RiverguyVT wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:

I'll start by saying I am not going to research old posts. That said, didn't someone here once dig up statistics re: contacts made by police? Adjusting for the number of contacts, cops killed whites at the same or higher rate than they killed blacks, IIRC.

Anyone else remember that?
We've had this discussion many times.
Yep. Blacks got roughed up more, whites got killed more.