Sponsors are starting to pull out of NFL deals and the

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
cwtcr hokie

Sponsors are starting to pull out of NFL deals and the

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ratings are starting to dive again...... please you moron players, keep being idiots. It will be nice to see you live on the normal salary the rest of us live on.
HokieFanDC

Re: Sponsors are starting to pull out of NFL deals and the

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:ratings are starting to dive again...... please you moron players, keep being idiots. It will be nice to see you live on the normal salary the rest of us live on.
Yeh, losing Phil Long Ford in Denver is going to crush them!!
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:ratings are starting to dive again...... please you moron players, keep being idiots. It will be nice to see you live on the normal salary the rest of us live on.
ask nascar

apparel sales are also down significantly, but no worries
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
ask nascar

Link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
ask nascar

I don't care about nascar, but not sure how you have apparel sales stats for this week.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Nielsen ratings down 11% this year...will the trend continue :?:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
ask nascar

I don't care about nascar, but not sure how you have apparel sales stats for this week.
blurb I heard on the radio a couple hours back

the reason I say Nascar is their popularity is falling and teams are having a hard time financially as sponsors stop participating.....doesn't the nfl rely on tv contracts and the owners on sponsor money for the riches in the nfl now?
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
ask nascar

nascar shows the trend that all spectator sports are generally trending downward. I do agree though that the protests are a cherry on top that has some fans going away because I've seen at least two videos of rednecks on Facebook burning their favorite's team gear.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
ask nascar

the reason I say Nascar is their popularity is falling and teams are having a hard time financially as sponsors stop participating.....doesn't the nfl rely on tv contracts and the owners on sponsor money for the riches in the nfl now?
That's nice, but the NFL revenue has been increasing every year. Maybe this year will reverse that trend, but there's no way to know that yet.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

BG Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
ask nascar

nascar shows the trend that all spectator sports are generally trending downward. I do agree though that the protests are a cherry on top that has some fans going away because I've seen at least two videos of rednecks on Facebook burning their favorite's team gear.
just rednecks, no, a whole lot of america is not happy with the actions of the players. I guess all the folks booing at the dallas stadium monday night were rednecks. Some awful rich ones considering what it costs to attend a game in dallas
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
ask nascar

The Hall of Fame game (the first preseason game where no starters play) drew 8.2 million viewers. More than any NBA playoff game before the NBA finals, and all but 1 MLB playoff game before the World Series.
https://sports.yahoo.com/hall-fame-game ... 26020.html

Football is king. Will a 10% decline in TV ratings support the league at the same level, I don't know. MLB has been dealing with falling ratings for years and still a functioning league.

Regardless, the biggest TV events every year are all NFL. I think we're a few years away from these football players earning a regular salary just like everyone else.
People who know, know.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
ask nascar

The Hall of Fame game (the first preseason game where no starters play) drew 8.2 million viewers. More than any NBA playoff game before the NBA finals, and all but 1 MLB playoff game before the World Series.

Football is king. Will a 10% decline in TV ratings support the league at the same level, I don't know. MLB has been dealing with falling ratings for years and still a functioning league.

Regardless, the biggest TV events every year are all NFL. I think we're a few years away from these football players earning a regular salary just like everyone else.
yep, ESPN is doing great!!!! ya know, the one that gives out those huge tv contracts
Techmomof2
Alma Mater: Penn State

Post by Techmomof2 »

I love football but I am most disappointed in how ungrateful and entitled so many of them are. On the job protests are not appropriate. They are being paid to entertain us. I don't want to see any politics in sports and this is the fault of the coaches & commissioner.

The NFL compared to the Military, which they dishonor.

http://sultanknish.blogspot.com/2017/09/end-nfl.html

An Army recruit starts off with a salary under $20,000. Thousands of active duty military personnel are on food stamps. Millions of veterans rely on them to feed their families and themselves.

That’s how we treat the best of us. Here’s how we treat the worst of us.

An NFL rookie’s minimum salary is $465,000. And the majority of NFL players are usually bankrupt a few years after retirement because they blew through most of their money. Dozens of NFL players are arrested every year on charges ranging from murder to rape to animal abuse.

2017 was a banner year for the NFL with three times as many arrests as last year.

Along with the usual drunk driving and disorderly conduct arrests, there were 7 arrests for assault/battery, 6 for drugs and 5 for domestic violence.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

yep, ESPN is doing great!!!! ya know, the one that gives out those huge tv contracts
So is Macy's and Target, and Best Buy, and etc. The world is changing.

I thought adding a little bit of perspective to the ratings would be worthwhile.
People who know, know.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote: ask nascar

So, is ESPN in trouble, or the NFL? Or are networks OK in general, since the 2016 ad revenue generated by the NFL was also the highest ever??
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

BG Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
ask nascar

I would propose that the pissed off necks just watch the English Premier League instead.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

The NFL is going to have a harder time getting tax payers to buy them stadiums with this type of crap.
Last edited by awesome guy on Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

ip_law-hokie wrote:I would propose that the pissed off necks just watch the English Premier League instead.
Nope. :)

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Major Kong wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:I would propose that the pissed off necks just watch the English Premier League instead.
Nope. :)
Rasslin?

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
ask nascar

I would propose that the pissed off necks just watch the English Premier League instead.

The Russians did a great job agitating you useful idiots. Here you are pissed at the flag and national anthem...
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

ip_law-hokie wrote:Rasslin?
Oh hell no :!:

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Major Kong wrote:Nielsen ratings down 11% this year...will the trend continue :?:
and that is compared to last year when the ratings were down double digits

but apparantly this has zero affect on a sport that depends on tv contracts and fans to have cash
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
ask nascar

just rednecks, no, a whole lot of america is not happy with the actions of the players. I guess all the folks booing at the dallas stadium monday night were rednecks. Some awful rich ones considering what it costs to attend a game in dallas
Yet they're at the game, not much of a boycott. They're probably sporting Ezekiel Elliot jerseys and buying $10 beers.
People who know, know.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

BG Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
ask nascar

Yes, that must be the only type of people who find the protests Idiotic.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
ask nascar

Well, it is a 3rd world sport.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson