awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Tom Price fake resigns

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:[emoji38]

Yeah, I'm sure Price is the first person in DC to pull a stunt like this. Get real people.
I'll put you down as being OK with his behavior.
You're still fake newsing that Obama officials didn't do the same?
Can you name one who did it?
It's already been listed here. I saw your fake news claiming the list false.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Yeah, I'm sure Price is the first person in DC to pull a stunt like this. Get real people.
If you had a clue, you would know the difference between Price and Mueller/Holder.
Hint, it's the same reason no one cares about Sessions or McCabe doing it.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

If you had a clue, you would know the difference between Price and Mueller/Holder.
Hint, it's the same reason no one cares about Sessions or McCabe doing it.
[emoji108]
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
jmac610 wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote: What is the issue here exactly? Did Obama force his guys to resign when they did this?
(It wasn't important then)
I'm pretty sure there were no Obama officials who took non-commercial flights, who had an option to take commercial flights. There were O officials who took non-commercial flights, but they were officials who couldn't take commercial flights b/c of security concerns. Price doesn't fall in that category.
See my post above. Only 395 in three years, that's all.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
jmac610 wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote: What is the issue here exactly? Did Obama force his guys to resign when they did this?
I'm pretty sure there were no Obama officials who took non-commercial flights, who had an option to take commercial flights. There were O officials who took non-commercial flights, but they were officials who couldn't take commercial flights b/c of security concerns. Price doesn't fall in that category.
First, I agree that the number of flights they took was ridiculous, and that there should be more transparency in the cost for non-mission trips.
Second, the reason that Mueller and Holder are flying government planes, rather than commercial, is that they are required to, same as Sessions and McCabe today. Taking commercial flights is not an option.
Price is not required to take gov planes, his situation is NOT the same.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

nolanvt wrote:after fake ripping off the taxpayers. Sad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(Flounder) Oohhh boooyy!!!(/flounder)
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
jmac610 wrote:
First, I agree that the number of flights they took was ridiculous, and that there should be more transparency in the cost for non-mission trips.
Second, the reason that Mueller and Holder are flying government planes, rather than commercial, is that they are required to, same as Sessions and McCabe today. Taking commercial flights is not an option.
No. There is no requirement that the AG and FBI director fly private. Security concerns are considered based on the specifics of the trip.

In the info I mention above, they often used an executive jet the FBI specifically purchased for sensitive counterterrroism operations for routine and personal travel. Again, 395 trips on government private jets for personal (non business related) travel. Who footed the bill? Did Mueller of Holder reimburse the USG?

I didn't say what Price did was correct, but why the double standard?
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

HokieJoe wrote::lol:

No, I'm not gullible enough to believe that this some new scam perpetrated on the public.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
jmac610 wrote:
No. There is no requirement that the AG and FBI director fly private. Security concerns are considered based on the specifics of the trip.

In the info I mention above, they often used an executive jet the FBI specifically purchased for sensitive counterterrroism operations for routine and personal travel. Again, 395 trips on government private jets for personal (non business related) travel. Who footed the bill? Did Mueller of Holder reimburse the USG?

You should have read the actual GAO report, not relied on the AmericanStinker for your info.

From the GAO report, "All AGs and FBI Directors are "required use" travelers who are required by executive branch policy to use government aircraft for all their travel, including travel for personal reasons, because of security and communications needs."

That's why 95% of the nonmission flights were taken by the AG and FBI Director, and why over a 4 year period, there were only 38 nonmission flights taken by people other than the AG and FBI Director.
And as the GAO report stated clearly, anyone taking a government flight for personal reasons has to reimburse the government for what a commercial flight ticket would have cost.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
jmac610 wrote:

You should have read the actual GAO report, not relied on the AmericanStinker for your info.

From the GAO report, "All AGs and FBI Directors are "required use" travelers who are required by executive branch policy to use government aircraft for all their travel, including travel for personal reasons, because of security and communications needs."

That's why 95% of the nonmission flights were taken by the AG and FBI Director, and why over a 4 year period, there were only 38 nonmission flights taken by people other than the AG and FBI Director.
And as the GAO report stated clearly, anyone taking a government flight for personal reasons has to reimburse the government for what a commercial flight ticket would have cost.
They are only required to use government planes for official travel. They are NOT required to do so for personal, non business travel. Oh, and I did read the GAO report from 2014.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

They are only required to use government planes for official travel. They are NOT required to do so for personal, non business travel. Oh, and I did read the GAO report from 2014.
You do realize that the above quote, which says they are required to use Gov planes for all flights, including personal travel, is from the GAO report. You are directly contradicting the report you read.