NRA will allow Republicans to consider additional gun regula

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Re: NRA will allow Republicans to consider additional gun re

Post by HokieHam »

TheH2 wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:NRA Backs Additional Regulations on Rapid-Fire Gun 'Bump Stocks' - NBC News
https://apple.news/A8WbkH_13RUu_oznHZwa3rw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fake news. Remember, it's too soon to talk about gun control. Or is it, it's not the right time to talk about gun control? Regardless, that's despicable for anyone to use a tragedy to try and force gun regulations. I'd imagine member in the NRA are irate over this.
I'm not a member of the NRA, but it was disgusting how soon the left was trying to not let this crisis go to waste. At least allow the blood to dry on the ground..........
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

HokieHam wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:NRA Backs Additional Regulations on Rapid-Fire Gun 'Bump Stocks' - NBC News

Fake news. Remember, it's too soon to talk about gun control. Or is it, it's not the right time to talk about gun control? Regardless, that's despicable for anyone to use a tragedy to try and force gun regulations. I'd imagine member in the NRA are irate over this.
I'm not a member of the NRA, but it was disgusting how soon the left was trying to not let this crisis go to waste. At least allow the blood to dry on the ground..........
Is it also disgusting that the NRA is doing the same?.... It's just "funny" that you hear the line of thinking nationally, and especially on this board, and now the NRA is now talking about potential legislation. So now it's ok to look at gun policy after a tragedy?
People who know, know.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

Is it also disgusting that the NRA is doing the same?.... It's just "funny" that you hear the line of thinking nationally, and especially on this board, and now the NRA is now talking about potential legislation. So now it's ok to look at gun policy after a tragedy?
there are hundreds of laws and regulations and requirements now, what new law would stop a seemingly normal guy from killing people if that person is hell bent on killing people(he had bombs in his car)
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

Actually no, it isn't the same. It's one thing for outsiders to demand that an organization make changes, using a crisis to try and make their point. It's another for it to come from within the organization itself. Two completely different things.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

TheH2 wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

It's being talked about 4 days after.......the left came out minutes after the shooting. Also, the NRA is being forced to talk about it because of the emotional cries from the leftards. There is a difference.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

133743Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

Actually no, it isn't the same. It's one thing for outsiders to demand that an organization make changes, using a crisis to try and make their point. It's another for it to come from within the organization itself. Two completely different things.
"Outsiders" being people that live in this country and are affected by said laws.

Regardless, the same organization that convinces their followers it is too soon, now decides it is not too soon. Next time, however, it will be too soon.
People who know, know.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

HokieHam wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

It's being talked about 4 days after.......the left came out minutes after the shooting. Also, the NRA is being forced to talk about it because of the emotional cries from the leftards. There is a difference.
Ok, they were able to not talk about it after a shooting at an elementary school, but a Vegas shooting is the straw?
People who know, know.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

"Outsiders" being people that live in this country and are affected by said laws.

Regardless, the same organization that convinces their followers it is too soon, now decides it is not too soon. Next time, however, it will be too soon.
No. Outsiders being people that are not members of the NRA demanding that the NRA support changes.

As for your strawman "too soon, not too soon", would you prefer that the NRA remain adamant, regardless, or that they actually assess issues? They can't win in the eyes of people like you. They are either barbarians or hypocrites.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

Ok, they were able to not talk about it after a shooting at an elementary school, but a Vegas shooting is the straw?
Two completely different incidents
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

133743Hokie wrote:
No. Outsiders being people that are not members of the NRA demanding that the NRA support changes.

As for your strawman "too soon, not too soon", would you prefer that the NRA remain adamant, regardless, or that they actually assess issues? They can't win in the eyes of people like you. They are either barbarians or hypocrites.
No, I would prefer that they would not use "too soon" as an excuse to not talk about reform. I'm a little disappointed that the people complaining it's too soon aren't bitching to the NRA that it is too soon. It isn't too soon. It never was too soon. It was just BS from the NRA, followed by their supporters, that served as an excuse to not talk about reform. Hey, how do we paint the opposition in a bad light. Let's say they don't care about the people getting killed and they are just having false outrage over all the children killed at an elementary school to take away your second amendment rights.
People who know, know.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

No, I would prefer that they would not use "too soon" as an excuse to not talk about reform. I'm a little disappointed that the people complaining it's too soon aren't bitching to the NRA that it is too soon. It isn't too soon. It never was too soon. It was just BS from the NRA, followed by their supporters, that served as an excuse to not talk about reform. Hey, how do we paint the opposition in a bad light. Let's say they don't care about the people getting killed and they are just having false outrage over all the children killed at an elementary school to take away your second amendment rights.
What gun law change would have prevented Sandy Hook?
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

133743Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

Answer......none. That's what these people don't understand and are unwilling to understand.

TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

133743Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

Just because a seat belt doesn't save every life doesn't mean it is worthless.
People who know, know.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

Just because a seat belt doesn't save every life doesn't mean it is worthless.
What gun law change will directly save a life?
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

H2 is taking advantage of this situation to bash the NRA. Sad.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:H2 is taking advantage of this situation to bash the NRA. Sad.
There must be an article in The Atlantic making such as a case.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.