Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: Pence leaves 49ers @ Colts game...

Post by USN_Hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:The more I think about this, the more I'm convinced the NFL is run by a bunch of imbeciles.

They had a golden ticket out of this PR nightmare:

1. Every fricking player stands for the National Anthem.
2. Pence stays for the game.
3. Stop putting cameras on the barely literate millionaires who can't control themselves.

But nope, they couldn't control their players for a single game.
I suppose this is supposed to make some sense, somehow?
IP calling cops pigs, you calling players illiterate (barely literate). Besides, I think it's been a few decades since Dexter Manley was reading the WSJ upside down.
:lol: Yeah, that makes no farking sense.

youtried.jpg
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

USN_Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
HokieHam wrote:I think free agency did a lot of damage to the NFL.....
Yeah, it sucks to be able to market your skills and go to the place that values you the most.....
Won't anyone think of the millionaires!
and their citizen/government subsidized stadium!

I would vote the Redskins (skins :)) out of town if the new stadium that will likely end up in VA (thanks Allen) gets funding from the city/state. Chances are they'll build it in Dulles so I won't get the opportunity.
People who know, know.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

HokieHam wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
Yeah, it sucks to be able to market your skills and go to the place that values you the most.....
LOL, yup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And it also damaged the game. There is no loyalty to team, which is something the fans like.
LOLOLOLOL

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

HokieHam wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
LOL, yup.

And it also damaged the game. There is no loyalty to team, which is something the fans like.
Wouldn't it suck if you were stuck in the job you got out of college? They system was ridiculous.

Not that the below matters, but I'll keep going:
Why should the players have loyalty if the owners don't?
Fans like winning. A star goes form one team to another there is no shortage of players willing to buy the jersey.
The game has grown a lot since free agency began.
People who know, know.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

TheH2 wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
LOL, yup.

Wouldn't it suck if you were stuck in the job you got out of college? They system was ridiculous.

Fans like winning. A star goes form one team to another there is no shortage of players willing to buy the jersey.
Not saying I'm against free agency. I'm saying it damaged the game. There are also a host of other issues hurting the game as well. Some of the rule changes have made the game less exciting. You never see kickoff returns any longer......etc. I grew up watching John Riggins and the Hogs. Come to think of it, that might be another reason I have personally lost interest.

Also, I find College Football a much more exciting sport.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
Major Kong wrote:My thought is the home team didn't kneel and stood for the anthem.

Pence left because the visiting team kneeled. Why not respect the Indiana Home team for standing and stay at the game :?:

The optics to me is that the 49ers won the "duel" today. The VPOTUS got persnickety because members of the 49ers exercised their constitutional right.
It was pretty bizarre. Was he under orders by Trump to attend the game and make a spectacle of something everyone knew was going to occur?

wasn't he the gov of indiana, doubt that is the first colts game he has ever attended
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
Major Kong wrote:
nolanvt wrote:This was a designed political stunt. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Ayup.
On the tax payers dime too.....
We're talking about the NFL, right?
I think he's referring to Pence's virtue signaling.

OK, so we're not talking about the spectacles being created in taxpayer-subsidized 100k seat stadiums?

You and nolan sure have situational ethics when it comes to government spending. Nolan approves of using taxpayer money to teach LGWTFBBQ "morality" to little kids in public school, IP believes in using taxpayer money to provide late term infanticide to girls so they don't look fat in their prom dress.

.... But you guys are completely outraged that Pence went to a stupid football game.
You are mistaken about my level of outrage here, USN. I don't care that he went, and not bothered at all that Trump put him up to the stunt. I've become numb to many of his actions at this point - they've lost their shock value.

But I did note that it was virtue signaling, which has drawn your ire in the past.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote: You are mistaken about my level of outrage here, USN. I don't care that he went, and not bothered at all that Trump put him up to the stunt. I've become numb to many of his actions at this point - they've lost their shock value.

But I did note that it was virtue signaling, which has drawn your ire in the past.
You should read my first response in this thread. It would have saved you a bunch of typing.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: You are mistaken about my level of outrage here, USN. I don't care that he went, and not bothered at all that Trump put him up to the stunt. I've become numb to many of his actions at this point - they've lost their shock value.

You should read my first response in this thread. It would have saved you a bunch of typing.
The one where you said good on him?

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
Mcl3 Hokie

Post by Mcl3 Hokie »

Yep. He's been to many games. He followed Mitch Daniels as governor of Indiana.
cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Major Kong wrote:My thought is the home team didn't kneel and stood for the anthem.

Pence left because the visiting team kneeled. Why not respect the Indiana Home team for standing and stay at the game :?:

The optics to me is that the 49ers won the "duel" today. The VPOTUS got persnickety because members of the 49ers exercised their constitutional right.
It was pretty bizarre. Was he under orders by Trump to attend the game and make a spectacle of something everyone knew was going to occur?

wasn't he the gov of indiana, doubt that is the first colts game he has ever attended
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Keep going...
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

This is great........I'm listening to all the media in montage saying how this was a stunt. Once again, as I said, brilliant political move!
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

Shouting "you lie!" at a President during State of the Union - good

Not "respecting" a VP attending the game by conducting a silent protest during the anthem - bad, and apparently behaving like animals?

Good work, UWS. [emoji106]

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Keep going...
OK. You thought it was an odd behavior. I joined your sentiment, stating that it was virtue signaling. Then you stated that I support cop killers.
Mcl3 Hokie

Post by Mcl3 Hokie »

WTH are you talking about? The morons on the field were not protesting because Pence was there. They were protesting for, well I'm not sure what they are protesting for anymore during the National Anthem. Your two examples are not even close.
nolanvt wrote:Shouting "you lie!" at a President during State of the Union - good

Not "respecting" a VP attending the game by conducting a silent protest during the anthem - bad, and apparently behaving like animals?

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Mcl3 Hokie wrote:WTH are you talking about? The morons on the field were not protesting because Pence was there. They were protesting for, well I'm not sure what they are protesting for anymore during the National Anthem. Your two examples are not even close.
nolanvt wrote:Shouting "you lie!" at a President during State of the Union - good

It's TrollingVT ...
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

Mcl3 Hokie wrote:WTH are you talking about? The morons on the field were not protesting because Pence was there. They were protesting for, well I'm not sure what they are protesting for anymore during the National Anthem. Your two examples are not even close.

Take it up with the poster in this thread who thought the "animals" on the field should have showed respect to Pence and properly observed the anthem.

133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
Won't anyone think of the millionaires!
and their citizen/government subsidized stadium!

I would vote the Redskins (skins :)) out of town if the new stadium that will likely end up in VA (thanks Allen) gets funding from the city/state. Chances are they'll build it in Dulles so I won't get the opportunity.
Fortunately the notorious Clinton bag man Terry McAullife will be gone before a decision is made. I expect the next governor will be less likely to support such an enterprise, and the General Assembly certainly won't.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
LOL, yup.

The game has certainly grown in popularity due to a growing population, expansion into other cities, changing media, fantasy football, etc. On the other hand it is starting to erode due to fantasy football, free agency/salary cap, "parity", head injuries, expansion resulting in reduced quality of play, exorbitant pricing for fans, egos, etc. The only thing keeping the NFL afloat is their massive TV contracts. Once the viewership wanes and the advertising dollars drop, they'll start taking on water and thus begins the demise of the league.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

He did lie.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

nolanvt wrote:

Take it up with the poster in this thread who thought the "animals" on the field should have showed respect to Pence and properly observed the anthem.

Their employer should make them stand for the anthem.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

HokieJoe wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Their employer should make them stand for the anthem.
I have no problem with a owners requiring players to stand for the anthem. The fallout they're currently getting is a result of their greed back in 2009 with the paid patriotism shtick.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

Thought the NFL league office already dropped its tax-exempt status?

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:Thought the NFL league office already dropped its tax-exempt status?

Don't be obtuse.