Should the ghey be sued for refusing service?

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Should the ghey be sued for refusing service?

Post by HokieHam »

[A gay coffee shop owner in Seattle kicked a group of Christians out of his store after he verbally attacked them because he found their religious views offensive.
http://www.dailywire.com/news/22027/wat ... benshapiro

Failure to make latte's because of someone's religious views. Off to re-education camp with this one!
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: Should the ghey be sued for refusing service?

Post by USN_Hokie »

Saw the video a few days ago.

Shop owner: "Will you tolerate me?"

Patrons: "We're in your coffee shop, aren't we?"
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

USN_Hokie wrote:Saw the video a few days ago.

Shop owner: "Will you tolerate me?"

Patrons: "We're in your coffee shop, aren't we?"
Yup. Hopefully he goes out of business.

You
Can
Serve
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
Vienna_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: libertarian

Post by Vienna_Hokie »

Nolan and IP...I'm assuming you will support these patrons right to not be denied service because of their religion.
Looks like the only thing 1984 got wrong was the date.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Vienna_Hokie wrote:Nolan and IP...I'm assuming you will support these patrons right to not be denied service because of their religion.
I'm expecting some silly response from Nolan that demonstrates his lack of depth and comprehension of the issue. Some "business decision" silliness.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
Vienna_Hokie wrote:Nolan and IP...I'm assuming you will support these patrons right to not be denied service because of their religion.
I'm expecting some silly response from Nolan that demonstrates his lack of depth and comprehension of the issue. Some "business decision" silliness.
Sup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Sup

And there we go
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

I assume the ACLU has ready filed a lawsuit on their behalf?
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Sup

And there we go
Yup. Predictable Unusual answer.

Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

HokieHam wrote:
[A gay coffee shop owner in Seattle kicked a group of Christians out of his store after he verbally attacked them because he found their religious views offensive.

Failure to make latte's because of someone's religious views. Off to re-education camp with this one!
I find it mildly humorous that in the so-called "land of the free", business owners cannot choose with whom they will or will not do conduct business. While I find it to be stupid to artificially restrict one's potential client base, I do believe that a business owner should be free to choose with whom they do business.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

“Can you tolerate my presence? Really?” the owner asked. “If I go get my boyfriend and f**k him in the a** right here, you’re going to tolerate that? Are you going to tolerate it?”

“That would be your choice,” activist Jonathan Sutherland replied.
Umm ... no. The correct answer is "no". Public sex is not tolerated whether you're gay or straight.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
WestEndHokie39

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

Hokie5150 wrote:
HokieHam wrote:

I find it mildly humorous that in the so-called "land of the free", business owners cannot choose with whom they will or will not do conduct business. While I find it to be stupid to artificially restrict one's potential client base, I do believe that a business owner should be free to choose with whom they do business.
I find it also mildly humorous that SJWs immediately trot out the possibility that unless the government forbids it, Jim Crow will return immediately if we actually respect private property rights and dispense with the unconstitutional "public accomodation" nonsense.

A whites only business would quickly fail because 1) very few whites would patronize the business, 2) demonstrations would occur daily, and 3) no minorities would patronize the business.

SJWs have no knowledge of history, apparently. They keep giving credit to the government for bravely making up or giving citizens rights, but the government never acted until it was politically safe to do so.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Hokie5150 wrote:
HokieHam wrote:

You would think.....but certain Unusuals don't. Those that don't comply with the lgbtqrstuvwxyz123 agenda must be punished and re-educated.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

WestEndHokie39 wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:
HokieHam wrote:

I find it also mildly humorous that SJWs immediately trot out the possibility that unless the government forbids it, Jim Crow will return immediately if we actually respect private property rights and dispense with the unconstitutional "public accomodation" nonsense.

A whites only business would quickly fail because 1) very few whites would patronize the business, 2) demonstrations would occur daily, and 3) no minorities would patronize the business.

SJWs have no knowledge of history, apparently. They keep giving credit to the government for bravely making up or giving citizens rights, but the government never acted until it was politically safe to do so.
I agree in spirit, but you're also not getting it. Jim Crow WAS the government enforcing racism. You could not be not racist under Jim Crow as racism was the law. Jim Crow is the opposite of free market, it's forced segregation and is just as atrocious as forced integration. Association is a right of the people.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Their coffee sucks.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

HokieHam wrote:

I'm guessing that Seattle law forbids him from refusing service based on their religious views, but not sure.
I'm also guessing that the guys being kicked out don't care enough about it to sue. Wasting time on pricks is just that.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:
HokieHam wrote:

I agree in spirit, but you're also not getting it. Jim Crow WAS the government enforcing racism. You could not be not racist under Jim Crow as racism was the law. Jim Crow is the opposite of free market, it's forced segregation and is just as atrocious as forced integration. Association is a right of the people.
Came here to post this. It wasn't the bus company that make Rosa parks sit in the back of the bus - it was the government.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:
HokieHam wrote:

Came here to post this. It wasn't the bus company that make Rosa parks sit in the back of the bus - it was the government.
Yep. You had to have separate water coolers and bathrooms based on race to comply with building codes. It was 100% government mandated racism. There was popular support too as that's generally how government works, the point is segregation wasn't a choice as it was the law.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

BigDave wrote:
“Can you tolerate my presence? Really?” the owner asked. “If I go get my boyfriend and f**k him in the a** right here, you’re going to tolerate that? Are you going to tolerate it?”

“That would be your choice,” activist Jonathan Sutherland replied.
Umm ... no. The correct answer is "no". Public sex is not tolerated whether you're gay or straight.

Correct.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

Major Kong wrote:Their coffee sucks.
Wait.....I see what you did there :lol:

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieHam wrote:
Major Kong wrote:Their coffee sucks.
Wait.....I see what you did there :lol:
It tears up IP's arse.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

Retail service should not be about sex at all ,unless you are buying sex. the sexual habits of those who own the business or work there should be of zero consequence to the transaction. The baker should have baked the cake if they wanted "congrats joe and bill" on it- in fact it should have never come up the sex life of the customers.. my only issue would be if a muslim asked a christian bakery to write alluh Akbar on a cake, etc. Or if the gay couple asked the christian baker to write "I love gay marriage" on the cake. In 99.99% of retail transactions, sex life should not be part of the equation
WestEndHokie39

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

awesome guy wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:
HokieHam wrote:

Correct- no merchant in present day America would choose to implement the "Jim Crow" model, but for some reason SJW nutjobs who read HuffPo and Slate believe the country is so raciist it would happen immediately if the CRA was not in effect.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

WestEndHokie39 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:
HokieHam wrote:

Correct- no merchant in present day America would choose to implement the "Jim Crow" model, but for some reason SJW nutjobs who read HuffPo and Slate believe the country is so raciist it would happen immediately if the CRA was not in effect.
It was never a choice, that's the point.