Anybody concerned Tillerson is on the way out.

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Re: Anybody concerned Tillerson is on the way out.

Post by ip_law-hokie »

needs to be someone who can push back against Trump, and cover for his silliness.[/quote]

and that's going to draw Trump's ire, whoever it is.[/quote]
I’m hoping for a IQ test duel.[/quote]

What kind of thin skinned middle schooler responds with who has the bigger IQ? (I'd bet against Trump for what it's worth) I mean, we would laugh at someone on a message board doing that. Can you imagine the POTUS saying something so immature?[/quote]

Trump is a braggart type guy....duh

He is also real and says what he wants to, rather refreshing for politicians. As for Corker, that guy should have resigned a long time ago, he is not representing his people[/quote]

Refreshing for someone to be so petty!
Good leadership is berating people publicly that work for you!

He has it all![/quote]

For Sessions he should be berated, he effed up royally letting Mueller get going and exactly when has he berated Tillerson? All I have heard is that they disagreed on NK somewhat, no berating tho[/quote]

Saying that they disagreed somewhat is a huge understatement, given the low class manner in which Trump went about airing his disagreement. And I assure that Trump's twitter tirade about Tillerson wasting his time was viewed to this corporate guy as the lowest class move possible.

I disagree with Tillerson politically, but he has earned the right to be treated with more respect. He is more fit for the job than his boss. All, except the staunchest of Trump supporters, accept this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

actually in the corp. world vigorous disagreements happen all the time, it has occurred in my career before...its called life[/quote]

You have missed my point, I'm afraid. Large corporations, like the military, are based on structure and rank. Going above, or outside, this structure, as you know, is not done. Taking the disagreement public, on Twitter, would be grounds for dismissal.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:needs to be someone who can push back against Trump, and cover for his silliness.
and that's going to draw Trump's ire, whoever it is.[/quote]
I’m hoping for a IQ test duel.[/quote]

What kind of thin skinned middle schooler responds with who has the bigger IQ? (I'd bet against Trump for what it's worth) I mean, we would laugh at someone on a message board doing that. Can you imagine the POTUS saying something so immature?[/quote]

Trump is a braggart type guy....duh

He is also real and says what he wants to, rather refreshing for politicians. As for Corker, that guy should have resigned a long time ago, he is not representing his people[/quote]

Refreshing for someone to be so petty!
Good leadership is berating people publicly that work for you!

He has it all![/quote]

For Sessions he should be berated, he effed up royally letting Mueller get going and exactly when has he berated Tillerson? All I have heard is that they disagreed on NK somewhat, no berating tho[/quote]

Saying that they disagreed somewhat is a huge understatement, given the low class manner in which Trump went about airing his disagreement. And I assure that Trump's twitter tirade about Tillerson wasting his time was viewed to this corporate guy as the lowest class move possible.

I disagree with Tillerson politically, but he has earned the right to be treated with more respect. He is more fit for the job than his boss. All, except the staunchest of Trump supporters, accept this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]

actually in the corp. world vigorous disagreements happen all the time, it has occurred in my career before...its called life[/quote]

You have missed my point, I'm afraid. Large corporations, like the military, are based on structure and rank. Going above, or outside, this structure, as you know, is not done. Taking the disagreement public, on Twitter, would be grounds for dismissal.[/quote]

ok got it
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:While the earlier reports of tension were dismissed, I don't think one can deny the tension that currently exists between the two. I hope Tillerson will continue to swallow his pride and better personal judgment for the good of the country.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/10/politics/ ... index.html
you may want to take what you read in the MSM with a grain of salt
Trump planning to oust Tillerson. This is a shame.

White House Plans Tillerson Ouster From State Dept., to Be Replaced by Pompeo, Within Weeks - The New York Timeshttps://apple.news/A80LorsPrRiyua50Vwc02Fg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:While the earlier reports of tension were dismissed, I don't think one can deny the tension that currently exists between the two. I hope Tillerson will continue to swallow his pride and better personal judgment for the good of the country.

White House Plans Tillerson Ouster From State Dept., to Be Replaced by Pompeo, Within Weeks - The New York Timeshttps://apple.news/A80LorsPrRiyua50Vwc02Fg

you worry alot
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Story I read is Tillerson plans to leave by years end.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieHam wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

I’d be interested to hear #hokie’s most recent take on all this.

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Is it because he didn't get rid of enough people, fast enough?

Is it because he didn't fill empty positions in the bloated behemoth? (thread from a few days ago)

Is it because he can't rattle cages of the traitors within the bureaucracy effectively enough that they'll hand over Hillary! info?

Is it because he said he'd give the job one year, and has?

Is it because he'd rather be in the relative obscurity of running a Fortune500?

Who knows?
I do suspect he's leaving the department more focused on US interests than either of his 2 predecessors
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
Techmomof2
Alma Mater: Penn State

Post by Techmomof2 »

RiverguyVT wrote:Is it because he didn't get rid of enough people, fast enough?

Is it because he didn't fill empty positions in the bloated behemoth? (thread from a few days ago)

Is it because he can't rattle cages of the traitors within the bureaucracy effectively enough that they'll hand over Hillary! info?

Who knows?
I do suspect he's leaving the department more focused on US interests than either of his 2 predecessors
==============================================
Sometimes they work more effectively on the outside.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Techmomof2 wrote:

Who knows?
Sometimes smart people are forced to work under imbeciles.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
Techmomof2 wrote:

Who knows?
Sometimes smart people are forced to work under imbeciles.

That's what your underlings say at least.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Just saw info on the embassy move to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv.

Is that a part of the Tillerson talk?
Is the Tillerson thing even for sure?
Salute the Marines
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Pure speculation but I expect it's a combination of burnout, disagreements with Trump, and a sense of bureaucratic lack of control with the DoS. Reporting to someone else, particularly someone he doesn't see as his equal, probably bothers him. The quagmire of bureaucracy probably frustrates him. He's probably put more hours in on the job in this past year than he has in a decade. All combine to lead him out the door. Its a tough job.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Pure speculation but I expect it's a combination of burnout, disagreements with Trump, and a sense of bureaucratic lack of control with the DoS. Reporting to someone else, particularly someone he doesn't see as his equal, probably bothers him. The quagmire of bureaucracy probably frustrates him. He's probably put more hours in on the job in this past year than he has in a decade. All combine to lead him out the door. Its a tough job.
I really wish Trump had left him alone and allowed him full control of . . . anything and everything possible. I agree with you that he probably doesn't see Trump as his equal. Probably because he's not.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

many ceo's of companies are going to have issues with big gov. agencies, the waste and lack of effort has to grind on them, never mind the way overdone bureaucracy, it would drive some of them nuts
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote: you may want to take what you read in the MSM with a grain of salt

many ceo's of companies are going to have issues with big gov. agencies, the waste and lack of effort has to grind on them, never mind the way overdone bureaucracy, it would drive some of them nuts
As the leader of one of the biggest corporations in the world, I don’t think dealing with bureaucracy was new to him.

133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

As the leader of one of the biggest corporations in the world, I don’t think dealing with bureaucracy was new to him.

There is most certainly more bureaucracy at State and the USG in general than in most major corporations. And he was well insulated in the corporate world. Much more hands on at state.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

I doubt his time at work changed much at all, if any. Secy of St isn't working more hours than an Exxon CEO
Salute the Marines
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:I doubt his time at work changed much at all, if any. Secy of St isn't working more hours than an Exxon CEO
Agree. I'd say equal amount of work as a whole (love how people think CEOs just play golf and bang secretaries all day) and about 10x bureaucracy.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

USN_Hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:I doubt his time at work changed much at all, if any. Secy of St isn't working more hours than an Exxon CEO
Agree. I'd say equal amount of work as a whole (love how people think CEOs just play golf and bang secretaries all day) and about 10x bureaucracy.
Isn't that what Jobs did. That's what I remember of the movie anyway.
People who know, know.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

No, but the obstacles are different. Exxon has a bottom line. The USG doesn't.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

Disagree. Daily time commitment as SoS will be much more than CEO.
PolyTech

Post by PolyTech »

133743Hokie wrote:
Lol...
#JusticeForNolan
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

133743Hokie wrote:
Yeah. I'm sorry, 13334893538. That's just stupid.
Any chance you're a beltway guy?
I'm laughing ...

:lol: :lol:
Salute the Marines
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

RiverguyVT wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
Yeah. I'm sorry, 13334893538. That's just stupid.
Any chance you're a beltway guy?
I'm laughing ...

:lol: :lol:
How can you be sure? Did Hillary spend more time working than an Exxon CEO. Heck no. Did John Kerry do do? Heck no. Ask the same about Albright, Rice, Powell - different answer. And Tillerson wasn't an operational CEO, he was a business development CEO. There are different types of CEOs, can't lump them in one bucket.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Hillary had enough free time as SoS to write 50k emails about yoga and Chelsea's wedding.