Boy Scouts to allow girls.

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
133743Hokie

Re: Boy Scouts to allow girls.

Post by 133743Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:Looks like they will be forming separate dens for girls, with both all boy dens and all girl dens within the same pack. As of now it doesn't go beyond cub scouts -- buy I expect it's coming.
you know that ain't flying, the ladies want to be equal darn it.... unless you are mean to them
This isn't the result of women asking for this, it's 1)liberals in the scouts trying to change the organization from within or 2) scouts hurting for members and worried about losing some outside money due to single sex program
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:Looks like they will be forming separate dens for girls, with both all boy dens and all girl dens within the same pack. As of now it doesn't go beyond cub scouts -- buy I expect it's coming.
The report I read said cub scout to eagle scout...
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
you know that ain't flying, the ladies want to be equal darn it.... unless you are mean to them
This isn't the result of women asking for this, it's 1)liberals in the scouts trying to change the organization from within or 2) scouts hurting for members and worried about losing some outside money due to single sex program
#2 is the result of #1.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Hokie5150 wrote:
HokieHam wrote:....
I had a client in Westchester who shared office parks near some corporate office of the Boy Scouts. Grown men, employees of the org I presume, would prance around in their Boy Scout uniforms as their work outfit. It struck me as very odd. Hate to go AG here, but it seemed, um, let's just say off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
Yes, but right now the only peice defined is the female cub scout dens. Packs will also be allowed to determine if they want to be single sex or coed.

As for the path to Eagle Scout, the BSA says that that program is a year away from being rolled out but they expect it to be a parallel, comparable program that will allow girls to attain the Eagle Scout rank, not necessarily having girls in boy scout troops.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Yes, but right now the only peice defined is the female cub scout dens. Packs will also be allowed to determine if they want to be single sex or coed.

As for the path to Eagle Scout, the BSA says that that program is a year away from being rolled out but they expect it to be a parallel, comparable program that will allow girls to attain the Eagle Scout rank, not necessarily having girls in boy scout troops.
C'mon, you know there's no way they can have a segregated solution. What happens at Jamborees, etc? They will be integrated, and BSA is finished...infected by feminism / SJWism.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

133743Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
Interesting thoughts. In regards to 1, is it that powerful of an organisation to care about changing it from within? In regards to 2, very interesting. They sell bags of crappy popcorn for $10 a bag. Definitely a possibility that I hadn't thought of. Not sure if allowing females is the solution but I know absolutely nothing about the organisation.
People who know, know.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
Interesting thoughts. In regards to 1, is it that powerful of an organisation to care about changing it from within? In regards to 2, very interesting. They sell bags of crappy popcorn for $10 a bag. Definitely a possibility that I hadn't thought of. Not sure if allowing females is the solution but I know absolutely nothing about the organisation.
Regarding point #1, the national leadership board of BSA is comprised of industry leaders, corporate CEOs, etc. Diversity, inclusion, equality, sexism, etc. are mainstream in their day to day world and they are (have been) bringing that to the BSA, reshaping/re-imagining the organization to make it "current". Just in recent years the national org has shifted to allow gay scout leaders and transgender kids. This is just the next step to mainstreaming the BSA.

Regarding point #2, participation is down. Fund raising, which is key to the organization is also lagging. They rely heavily on the United Way (national and local) for funding, and remaining a male-only organization, committed to the development of boys into young men, has not set well with the board of UW. They see the benefit of the Eagle Scout rank and see girls being excluded and view that as unfair. By expanding their base to include girls they expand their fundraising capabilities even more, not just to the families of those girls participating, but to the broader corporate world that sees them as fully inclusive.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

BSA is failing for the same reasons the NFL is, IMO.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

USN_Hokie wrote:BSA is failing for the same reasons the NFL is, IMO.
I wish I could fail as well as the NFL.
People who know, know.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

The Boy Scouts Admit Girls, Failure

http://www.weeklystandard.com/the-boy-s ... EI.twitter
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
Since you're a demonstrated failure at the English language:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/-ing
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

USN_Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

Still owning TV ratings.

Last week on Cable (rating):
#1 SNF (4.2)
#2 Playoff baseball (2.1)

Last week Broadcast:
SNF - 16.5 million viewers
Next most Broadcast for the week of the 18th (not football) was NCIS at 13.6 million.
People who know, know.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

Still owning TV ratings.

#1 SNF (4.2)

Last week Broadcast:
Next most Broadcast for the week of the 18th (not football) was NCIS at 13.6 million.

You might have better luck in the other thread where you're arguing that being sued for exceeding your constitutional authority makes you NOT a statist. :lol:
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

USN_Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

Still owning TV ratings.

#1 SNF (4.2)

Last week Broadcast:

You might have better luck in the other thread where you're arguing that being sued for exceeding your constitutional authority makes you NOT a statist. :lol:
Silly me, I was dumb enough to think that something that was #1 wasn't failing.
People who know, know.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

Still owning TV ratings.

#1 SNF (4.2)

Last week Broadcast:

Silly me, I was dumb enough to think that something that was #1 wasn't failing.
Maybe they can print some new fans to replace the millions lost.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

USN_Hokie wrote:
Yeah, it sucks to have the most watched program every single week. The Super Bowl will get what, 5 times more viewers than any other program for the year (excluding other football games). Failing at its best.
People who know, know.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Yeah, it sucks to have the most watched program every single week. The Super Bowl will get what, 5 times more viewers than any other program for the year (excluding other football games). Failing at its best.
Too big to fail. Got it.

The NFL has good ratings today. No problems.

Jesus crikes you're dense.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

USN_Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Too big to fail. Got it.

The NFL has good ratings today. No problems.

Jesus crikes you're dense.
The NFL isn't failing. Have a great weekend. Hopefully it will be so good you won't want to check in on UWS and post.
People who know, know.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

TheH2 wrote: The NFL isn't failing. Have a great weekend. Hopefully it will be so good you won't want to check in on UWS and post.
NFL TV audience numbers continue to decline early in 2017 season
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nf ... eftag9ttis
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

133743Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
Regarding point #1, the national leadership board of BSA is comprised of industry leaders, corporate CEOs, etc. Diversity, inclusion, equality, sexism, etc. are mainstream in their day to day world and they are (have been) bringing that to the BSA, reshaping/re-imagining the organization to make it "current". Just in recent years the national org has shifted to allow gay scout leaders and transgender kids. This is just the next step to mainstreaming the BSA.

Regarding point #2, participation is down. Fund raising, which is key to the organization is also lagging. They rely heavily on the United Way (national and local) for funding, and remaining a male-only organization, committed to the development of boys into young men, has not set well with the board of UW. They see the benefit of the Eagle Scout rank and see girls being excluded and view that as unfair. By expanding their base to include girls they expand their fundraising capabilities even more, not just to the families of those girls participating, but to the broader corporate world that sees them as fully inclusive.
Utter bullshiit. They could develop a similar program in the girl scouts, but no, they'd rather destroy the BSA instead. BAMN to destroy toxic masculinity.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
Techmomof2
Alma Mater: Penn State

Post by Techmomof2 »

There already is a coed group, the Sea Scouts. I can understand why girls want to join the Boy Scouts. Both of my sons are Eagle Scouts and they did much more fun things than Girl Scouts did.

However, with the political climate of all things on gender, I do believe that the boys should have their own space free of feminization and demasculination that will inevitably happen, especially boys that have no father in the home or male role model.

Things often have the opposite effect of what is intended. If girls become Boy Scouts, it may damage and even eliminate Girl Scouting. Just like trans-male to females will destroy women's sports. Biological women will never be able to compete with humans that have XY chromosomes with the increased muscle mass and strength regardless of how confused they are in identifying their gender. Even if they are surgically mutilated, they are still males.

Sea Scouts:
http://join.seascout.org/about/
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

HokieJoe wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Utter bullshiit. They could develop a similar program in the girl scouts, but no, they'd rather destroy the BSA instead. BAMN to destroy toxic masculinity.
You do realize the Girl Scouts are totally opposed to this move by the Boy Scouts, don't you?
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

Techmomof2 wrote:There already is a coed group, the Sea Scouts. I can understand why girls want to join the Boy Scouts. Both of my sons are Eagle Scouts and they did much more fun things than Girl Scouts did.

However, with the political climate of all things on gender, I do believe that the boys should have their own space free of feminization and demasculination that will inevitably happen, especially boys that have no father in the home or male role model.

Things often have the opposite effect of what is intended. If girls become Boy Scouts, it may damage and even eliminate Girl Scouting. Just like trans-male to females will destroy women's sports. Biological women will never be able to compete with humans that have XY chromosomes with the increased muscle mass and strength regardless of how confused they are in identifying their gender. Even if they are surgically mutilated, they are still males.

Sea Scouts:
http://join.seascout.org/about/
and Explorer and Venture scouts
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

133743Hokie wrote:Utter bullshiit. They could develop a similar program in the girl scouts, but no, they'd rather destroy the BSA instead. BAMN to destroy toxic masculinity.
You do realize the Girl Scouts are totally opposed to this move by the Boy Scouts, don't you?[/quote]

That has nothing to do with what I said. Or I should say, that is not what I meant to imply.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson