the lawsuits in vegas have started

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
cwtcr hokie

the lawsuits in vegas have started

Post by cwtcr hokie »

a woman shot in the chest that lived is suing the hotel, the bump stock maker, the gun mfr, and the actual shooter. The suit says the hotel should have known Paddock was a nut case, exactly how would they know that. And the hotel should have known what was going on in his room, exactly how, cameras in every room? women may not like that option. This is the stupidity of frivolous lawsuits

So I guess if some moron runs a red light and slams into me I can sue the car maker, Pepsi because he was drinking a pepsi at the time and the city and state for not stopping the moron from running a red light
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Re: the lawsuits in vegas have started

Post by ip_law-hokie »

I hope she recovers a judgment. Good work by the plaintiff's bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:I hope she recovers a judgment. Good work by the plaintiff's bar.

me too, so when i get hit in the back bumper by a chevrolet I can sue GM for the big bucks, when you know in reality she is not getting squat from the hotel or the mfr's involved. From the guys estate can a civil lawsuit attach an estate, I would think not as the guy is not able to defend himself and he is dead, I have no idea
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:I hope she recovers a judgment. Good work by the plaintiff's bar.

me too, so when i get hit in the back bumper by a chevrolet I can sue GM for the big bucks, when you know in reality she is not getting squat from the hotel or the mfr's involved. From the guys estate can a civil lawsuit attach an estate, I would think not as the guy is not able to defend himself and he is dead, I have no idea
I expect she has the best chance to recover from his estate than any other defendant. His estate remains a legal entity that can retain counsel and defended itself just the same as if he were still alive. The plaintiff can certainly recover a judgment against his estate.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

I expect she has the best chance to recover from his estate than any other defendant. His estate remains a legal entity that can retain counsel and defended itself just the same as if he were still alive. The plaintiff can certainly recover a judgment against his estate.

That's why he unloaded his wealth to the brother and girlfriend first while they give deer in the headlights style interviews. They don't want to have to return it for civil suites and also had am inclination that his demise was coming.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

I thought only certain items could be attached, esp from an estate, see the OJ simpson case.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

That's why he unloaded his wealth to the brother and girlfriend first while they give deer in the headlights style interviews. They don't want to have to return it for civil suites and also had am inclination that his demise was coming.
Maybe.

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

I thought only certain items could be attached, esp from an estate, see the OJ simpson case.
That's true, but if it was a sizable estate it would still be able to satisfy a judgment.

133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

I wonder if his brother is his named executor? I wouldn't want the job -- it could go on for years. Decline and let the court appoint.