Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
RWNJ
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Re: Trump cutting Obamacare subsidies

Post by RWNJ »

Sitting on a bike this morning at the gym where there are a few TVs to watch, sitting side by side are Fox and CNN. On the Fox channel it read, "Trump discontinues Obamacare subsidies" On the CNN channel it read, "Trump discontinues subsidies for the poor". I had to get up and go lift some weights.
We lived through Obama, you'll live through Trump
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

RWNJ wrote:Sitting on a bike this morning at the gym where there are a few TVs to watch, sitting side by side are Fox and CNN. On the Fox channel it read, "Trump discontinues Obamacare subsidies" On the CNN channel it read, "Trump discontinues subsidies for the poor". I had to get up and go lift some weights.
The irony being that the President doesn't pay them. Congress does...and they didn't.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
HokieHam wrote: Your saying the payments were not illegal.
Exactly, that's all I was saying.
Just to rub it in.....
Judge Rules Administration Illegally Delivering Funds To Insurers Participating In Obamacare

https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothec ... obamacare/
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

USN_Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
Just to rub it in.....
Judge Rules Administration Illegally Delivering Funds To Insurers Participating In Obamacare

You are so stupid. That's why it was appealed which I said from the very beginning.

The payments were not illegal because it was under appeal.

Nice to see you figured out how to use Google though. Good job!
People who know, know.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
Just to rub it in.....

You are so stupid. That's why it was appealed which I said from the very beginning.

You can't be this stupid. The payments were ruled illegal. The judge issued a stay on her ruling. Nothing more. They were ruled illegal.

Never go full retard, H2.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

USN_Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
Just to rub it in.....

You can't be this stupid. The payments were ruled illegal. The judge issued a stay on her ruling. Nothing more. They were ruled illegal.

Obama got away with appealing a ruling. How dare him use the court system. Statist. You are "full retard." The fact that you thought you were rubbing something that was implied by my initial response is telling to anyone that is not "full retard." Next time use Google a little earlier.
People who know, know.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
Just to rub it in.....

Obama got away with appealing a ruling. How dare him use the court system. Statist. You are "full retard." The fact that you thought you were rubbing something that was implied by my initial response is telling to anyone that is not "full retard." Next time use Google a little earlier.
The judge ruled them illegal in her own words. You're an idiot.

And you look like an even bigger idiot by trying to argue that somebody being sued for exceeding their constitutional authority is evidence that they're not a statist. I really don't think you even know what a statist is. That's okay most statists don't.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote: Exactly, that's all I was saying.
Just to rub it in.....

The judge ruled them illegal in her own words. You're an idiot.

And you look like an even bigger idiot by trying to argue that somebody being sued for exceeding their constitutional authority is evidence that they're not a statist. I really don't think you even know what a statist is. That's okay most statists don't.
Welcome to the hate corner. You've defeated him enough that he's swinging at anything for a win. He's lost without guidance from The Atlantic, he's reading posts to just to try and find a gotcha instead of for comprehension and debate.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
fatman

Post by fatman »

133743Hokie wrote:It's a legit action. The funding is not in the budget; there is no legal mechanism for paying the insurers. Congress has just gone along with the Obama administration in allowing these "illegal" payments. Just another piece of the ACA that wasn't detailed. Good on Trump for adhering to the letter of the law.

Just another step forward in forcing Congress to take action on this horrible bill. It might hurt a little, but if it gets us to a better place sooner rather than later then I'm okay with that. We can't get deeper and deeper into the chasm that is the ACA or we'll never get out.

Going to be interesting to see if trump voters out philosophy over their balance sheets. This doesn't hurt wealthy educated folks, it hurts the poor in trump states. Bless them if they hold to their ideals over their own self interest.

Also,I am no fan of obamacare or trumpcare as some now call it. Repealing it is easy, finding a better plan that can escape the big medical and Rx drug lobbies is the hard part.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

fatman wrote: Going to be interesting to see if trump voters out philosophy over their balance sheets. This doesn't hurt wealthy educated folks, it hurts the poor in trump states. Bless them if they hold to their ideals over their own self interest.

Also,I am no fan of obamacare or trumpcare as some now call it. Repealing it is easy, finding a better plan that can escape the big medical and Rx drug lobbies is the hard part.
The plaintiff in the lawsuit is the US House of Representatives arguing the president doesn't have the authority to pay the subsidies, to which a lower court has already agreed. The electorate should hold congress responsible, though I admit that's not always how optics work...
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

fatman wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:It's a legit action. The funding is not in the budget; there is no legal mechanism for paying the insurers. Congress has just gone along with the Obama administration in allowing these "illegal" payments. Just another piece of the ACA that wasn't detailed. Good on Trump for adhering to the letter of the law.

Just another step forward in forcing Congress to take action on this horrible bill. It might hurt a little, but if it gets us to a better place sooner rather than later then I'm okay with that. We can't get deeper and deeper into the chasm that is the ACA or we'll never get out.

Going to be interesting to see if trump voters out philosophy over their balance sheets. This doesn't hurt wealthy educated folks, it hurts the poor in trump states. Bless them if they hold to their ideals over their own self interest.

This isn't on Trump. It's squarely on congress for allowing Obama to act unilaterally and unlawfully. They abdicated their responsibility to the people. Trump is forcing them to do their jobs.

I still say Trump needs to call Schumer and Pelosi to the WH for a meeting, then hold a press conference afterward laying the whole of the failure of Obamacare at the feet of the democratic party and telling them its up to them to fix it. The repubs are stepping aside and its now up to the democrats to caucus and present a solution.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

USN_Hokie wrote: And you look like an even bigger idiot by trying to argue that somebody being sued for exceeding their constitutional authority is evidence that they're not a statist. I really don't think you even know what a statist is. That's okay most statists don't.
USN_Hokie wrote:Yep. It's amazing what the previous administration got away with.
Yeah, it's amazing Obama got away with continuing making payments after the judge stayed her judgement which allowed the payments to proceed. How dare him get away with an appeal and continuing to make payments, which were allowed to by the courts.

Lock him up! When the idiot on the board calls someone else an idiot it's meaningless.
People who know, know.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

TheH2 wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: And you look like an even bigger idiot by trying to argue that somebody being sued for exceeding their constitutional authority is evidence that they're not a statist. I really don't think you even know what a statist is. That's okay most statists don't.
USN_Hokie wrote:Yep. It's amazing what the previous administration got away with.
Yeah, it's amazing Obama got away with continuing making payments after the judge stayed her judgement which allowed the payments to proceed. How dare him get away with an appeal and continuing to make payments, which were allowed to by the courts.

Lock him up! When the idiot on the board calls someone else an idiot it's meaningless.
Who did you call an idiot?
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

TheH2 wrote:

what part of a prez cannot spend funds, only congress can (as written in our constitution) is confusing. Obummer was wrong, any judge that sided with him is a complete idiot.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:This looks like it could be big. Trump is accelerating the demise of Obamacare, forcing R's to action just before the election.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/1 ... idy-243736
https://www.wsj.com/articles/senators-r ... 1508266282

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:This looks like it could be big. Trump is accelerating the demise of Obamacare, forcing R's to action just before the election.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/1 ... idy-243736
https://www.wsj.com/articles/senators-r ... 1508266282

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk