Was it Fatman who warned TSL re: UNC

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Was it Fatman who warned TSL re: UNC

Post by nolanvt »

That they would essentially moonwalk their way out of major sanctions? I recall that being a thing at one time, and the NCAA announced no major sanctions for UNC related to their academic stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
oaktonhokie

Re: Was it Fatman who warned TSL re: UNC

Post by oaktonhokie »

Looks like the NCAA worked very hard and successfully, to find nothing culpable by the University of North Carolina. Is Jim Comey running the NCAA now?

I guess that like General Motors, the DNC, Hollywood, and the Clinton foundation, the University of North Carolina is… Too big to fail.

The article says that athletes and regular students as well benefited from the paper courses the university offered in African-American studies. I wonder what the demographics and the SAT scores of the students taking African-American studies were. I wonder if they might need extra help staying in school.

This is academic fraud from which athletes benefited. But since other students did as well, there is no foul here. This is preposterous.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/stor ... fraud-case

nolanvt wrote:That they would essentially moonwalk their way out of major sanctions? I recall that being a thing at one time, and the NCAA announced no major sanctions for UNC related to their academic stuff.

If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Meh I believe most of us with at least a ¼ brain knew that the NCAA would let the NCAA skate by...I do worry about the next little guy in the NCAA sights though. 5 years probation for using the wrong form on their compliance report :!:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Even Stevie Wonder saw this coming.

When they let a rape farm become a top 10 program in a handful of years....
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

USN_Hokie wrote:Even Stevie Wonder saw this coming.

When they let a rape farm become a top 10 program in a handful of years....

Yep. If Bud Foster was caught raping boys in merriman and charged and jailed for life.. VT football would be lingering and losing in the Sunbelt conference - not competing for national championships with heisman trophy winners- bank on that
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

oaktonhokie wrote:Looks like the NCAA worked very hard and successfully, to find nothing culpable by the University of North Carolina. Is Jim Comey running the NCAA now?

I guess that like General Motors, the DNC, Hollywood, and the Clinton foundation, the University of North Carolina is… Too big to fail.

The article says that athletes and regular students as well benefited from the paper courses the university offered in African-American studies. I wonder what the demographics and the SAT scores of the students taking African-American studies were. I wonder if they might need extra help staying in school.

This is academic fraud from which athletes benefited. But since other students did as well, there is no foul here. This is preposterous.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/stor ... fraud-case

nolanvt wrote:That they would essentially moonwalk their way out of major sanctions? I recall that being a thing at one time, and the NCAA announced no major sanctions for UNC related to their academic stuff.

Nope, not a misprint- if you offer fake African studies courses to general students, offering them to athletes is ok, and not a violation... lololol the NCAA says this with a straight face
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

Penn St./UNC has developed the game plan to avoid any NCAA trouble. Spend millions on a legal defense with the threat of a lawsuit with any outcome that doesn't go your way. Penn St brought sued and their penalty was shortened/ended early and UNC spents millions delaying with the looming threat of a lawsuit and nada....
HvilleHokie

Post by HvilleHokie »

We should start cheating immediately. There is no consequence for doing so.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

HvilleHokie wrote:We should start cheating immediately. There is no consequence for doing so.
This.......
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HvilleHokie

Post by HvilleHokie »

NCAA is focusing on the important things

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/coll ... 77026.html
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

BG Hokie wrote:Penn St./UNC has developed the game plan to avoid any NCAA trouble. Spend millions on a legal defense with the threat of a lawsuit with any outcome that doesn't go your way. Penn St brought sued and their penalty was shortened/ended early and UNC spents millions delaying with the looming threat of a lawsuit and nada....
One of the very few accurate things you have ever posted. Kudos
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

I know I did...
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.