School district bans To Kill a Mockingbird

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

School district bans To Kill a Mockingbird

Post by nolanvt »

I remember it being one of the more powerful books I read in middle school, so this is a shame.

https://articles.al.com/news/index.ssf/ ... ict_pu.amp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: School district bans To Kill a Mockingbird

Post by USN_Hokie »

While mixing politics with business is never a good idea, their post seems pretty benign. I'm guessing this reaction was more of a viral internet thing than anything else.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

USN_Hokie wrote:While mixing politics with business is never a good idea, their post seems pretty benign. I'm guessing this reaction was more of a viral internet thing than anything else.
Good job, good effort.

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:While mixing politics with business is never a good idea, their post seems pretty benign. I'm guessing this reaction was more of a viral internet thing than anything else.
Good job, good effort.

Hmm...somehow this post ended up in the wrong thread. Unsurprisingly, this obvious fact flew right over Nolan's head.
Louie DePalma

Post by Louie DePalma »

School board vice president Kenny Holloway says the district received complaints that some of the book's language "makes people uncomfortable."

So what? There's quite a bit in this world that makes people uncomfortable. Learn to deal with it. Don't cover it up and pretend everything is happy and rosy. That's not the real world. The sooner people recognize this, the better.
This is Louieland. You want America, go outside!
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Louie DePalma wrote:School board vice president Kenny Holloway says the district received complaints that some of the book's language "makes people uncomfortable."

So what? There's quite a bit in this world that makes people uncomfortable. Learn to deal with it. Don't cover it up and pretend everything is happy and rosy. That's not the real world. The sooner people recognize this, the better.
That is correct Louie.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.