So if you believe half of the #metoo on twitter

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
CFB Apologist

So if you believe half of the #metoo on twitter

Post by CFB Apologist »

Than 95% of us are rapists, rapists that got away with it, sexual harassers, predators etc.. thousands of women are using that hashtag saying they were raped, harassed every day etc by men.. it's unreal - so much so I have a hard time believing it
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Re: So if you believe half of the #metoo on twitter

Post by Major Kong »

Welpers my wife fall into that category...except he didn't get away with it.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

WestEndHokie39

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

CFB Apologist wrote:Than 95% of us are rapists, rapists that got away with it, sexual harassers, predators etc.. thousands of women are using that hashtag saying they were raped, harassed every day etc by men.. it's unreal - so much so I have a hard time believing it
Depends on how far the terms "assault" and "harassment" are stretched. If harassment is defined as any unwanted attention, then everyone, male and female, has been harassed. Similarly, if assault is defined as any unwanted touching, the just about the whole world has been sexually assaulted.

Like you, I would define assault as something much more serious than boorish behavior.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

Major Kong wrote:Welpers my wife fall into that category...except he didn't get away with it.

Sorry to hear about that and glad he was caught/prosecuted. I take it very seriously- i detest rapists like most decent people do.
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

CFB Apologist wrote:
Major Kong wrote:Welpers my wife fall into that category...except he didn't get away with it.

Sorry to hear about that and glad he was caught/prosecuted. I take it very seriously- i detest rapists like most decent people do.
He was a stalker, she shot and killed him.

CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

WestEndHokie39 wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:Than 95% of us are rapists, rapists that got away with it, sexual harassers, predators etc.. thousands of women are using that hashtag saying they were raped, harassed every day etc by men.. it's unreal - so much so I have a hard time believing it
Depends on how far the terms "assault" and "harassment" are stretched. If harassment is defined as any unwanted attention, then everyone, male and female, has been harassed. Similarly, if assault is defined as any unwanted touching, the just about the whole world has been sexually assaulted.

Like you, I would define assault as something much more serious than boorish behavior.
Right - one woman said she was harassed sexually by a man at work commenting on her leg tattoo - she said she was violated. Yeah that to me is a stretch
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:

Right - one woman said she was harassed sexually by a man at work commenting on her leg tattoo - she said she was violated. Yeah that to me is a stretch
Women with tattoos tend to be whores. She was probably hoping for legitimate rape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
WestEndHokie39

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

CFB Apologist wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:

I believe people with a modicum of logic and reason have begun to tune out the SJW nut jobs with their constant drumbeat of widespread and pernicious racism, the "rape culture" meme, and the ridiculous "privilege" complaint. They strip words of their meaning until they are meaningless.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

Major Kong wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

Omg.. wow. Please tell me you live in a reasonable state and she is not or was not in jail?
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:

Women with tattoos tend to be whores. She was probably hoping for legitimate rape.

Wow.. hope that is tic? Or just part of your bit?
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

CFB Apologist wrote:Omg.. wow. Please tell me you live in a reasonable state and she is not or was not in jail?
Long story short...we were living in Marion...he was a psychopathic friend of her brother...he had been actively stalking her for several months...local cops were worthless...he broke into the house...she got to her gun in time...she emptied her .38 Special S&W into him...she spent several days in the hospital...she was never charged and cleared of any wrong doing.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Major Kong wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

I hope she's at peace with that, awful situation to be in.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Attila T Hun

Post by Attila T Hun »

Major Kong wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:Omg.. wow. Please tell me you live in a reasonable state and she is not or was not in jail?
Long story short...we were living in Marion...he was a psychopathic friend of her brother...he had been actively stalking her for several months...local cops were worthless...he broke into the house...she got to her gun in time...she emptied her .38 Special S&W into him...she spent several days in the hospital...she was never charged and cleared of any wrong doing.
Kong, I hope to hell you never, ever, sleep walk in the future.... :lol:
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:

No. I think tattoos are for whores.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

WestEndHokie39 wrote:

yes, that is the issue. I would say that 100% of everyone has been sexually harassed at some point in their life. And there are many drunken hook ups that people regret later. But as I have said before if I was not married the last 27 years and in the dating world, I would have a signed sex contract before I touched anyone, these days that is required
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

awesome guy wrote:I hope she's at peace with that, awful situation to be in.
It took several years but she eventually came to terms with what happened...she's OK and still carries. :)

Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

Attila T Hun wrote:Kong, I hope to hell you never, ever, sleep walk in the future.... :lol:
Nah...this happened early in our marriage. She's gotten used to me after 36 years together. :mrgreen:

miles

Post by miles »

Major Kong wrote:
Attila T Hun wrote:Kong, I hope to hell you never, ever, sleep walk in the future.... :lol:
Nah...this happened early in our marriage. She's gotten used to me after 36 years together. :mrgreen:
I remember that you have mentioned this before once or or twice.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:

That is a very progressive liberal compsssionate open minded take - good job
Mcl3 Hokie

Post by Mcl3 Hokie »

At least we agree on Lena Dunham.
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:

USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Mcl3 Hokie wrote:At least we agree on Lena Dunham.
ip_law-hokie wrote: No. I think tattoos are for whores.

Mcl3 Hokie

Post by Mcl3 Hokie »

Pox to you USN. My retinas will take all day to recover from that.
USN_Hokie wrote:
Mcl3 Hokie wrote:At least we agree on Lena Dunham.
ip_law-hokie wrote: No. I think tattoos are for whores.

Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

Mcl3 Hokie wrote:Pox to you USN. My retinas will take all day to recover from that.
Yeah there is a special place in the basement of Harvey Weinstein for USN for posting that picture :!: :shock: :mrgreen:

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Major Kong wrote:
Mcl3 Hokie wrote:Pox to you USN. My retinas will take all day to recover from that.
Yeah there is a special place in the basement of Harvey Weinstein for USN for posting that picture :!: :shock: :mrgreen:
and then mc3 put it in his reply!!

arrggh
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

My guess is that the interviewer does not ask a woman if she has ever been assaulted. The interviewer asks if she has ever received unwanted attention or any looks from men that she didn't want.

And if she answers yes, the interviewer will TELL HER that she's been assaulted and record her answers accordingly.

If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.