So if you believe half of the #metoo on twitter

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
WestEndHokie39

Re: So if you believe half of the #metoo on twitter

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

oaktonhokie wrote:My guess is that the interviewer does not ask a woman if she has ever been assaulted. The interviewer asks if she has ever received unwanted attention or any looks from men that she didn't want.

And if she answers yes, the interviewer will TELL HER that she's been assaulted and record her answers accordingly.

CFB Apologist wrote:Than 95% of us are rapists, rapists that got away with it, sexual harassers, predators etc.. thousands of women are using that hashtag saying they were raped, harassed every day etc by men.. it's unreal - so much so I have a hard time believing it
It's worse than that- this is simply self identification on Twitter and Facebook without any definition of the terms or verification. Whoever created the meme wants to demonstrate the "scope of the problem". Social media treated as actual data.

I saw the first mention of "toxic masculinity" today, so that's the angle the SJWs are going to take despite the fact it happens to men, too.

What I find ironic is that progressives hate on Christians constantly yet the faith teaches sexual purity and faithfulness, which is the polar opposite of "toxic masculinity". Remember the crap they gave Pence?
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

YepImage
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
WestEndHokie39

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

awesome guy wrote:YepImage
A female acquaintance on Facebook detailed her assaults. A perv dropped trou and began pleasuring himself in front of her and another time she thinks she was followed. I don't know her well enough to point out that neither of those instances were assault and that the first instance was, in fact, illegal.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

WestEndHokie39 wrote:
A female acquaintance on Facebook detailed her assaults. A perv dropped trou and began pleasuring himself in front of her and another time she thinks she was followed. I don't know her well enough to point out that neither of those instances were assault and that the first instance was, in fact, illegal.
Yeah, that's something different if it happened at all. I've learned women will use language like that when all that happened was the guy's pants slipped and he quickly pulled them up, or something innocuous like that. Dropping pants and whacking it seems unlikely unless it was a homeless person. Women tend to exaggerate to the point of lying or omit pertinent details.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:
Yeah, that's something different if it happened at all. I've learned women will use language like that when all that happened was the guy's pants slipped and he quickly pulled them up, or something innocuous like that. Dropping pants and whacking it seems unlikely unless it was a homeless person. Women tend to exaggerate to the point of lying or omit pertinent details.
Easy solution, just check her blue dress for spots
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

WestEndHokie39 wrote:
So if a woman goes out without a bra and a loose shirt and I can see her chest I guess I am assaulted, or the ladies that decide not to wear any underwear and short skirts. I agree if a dude drops his pants and is playing with himself that is gross and rude but that is not an assault
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:
So if a woman goes out without a bra and a loose shirt and I can see her chest I guess I am assaulted, or the ladies that decide not to wear any underwear and short skirts. I agree if a dude drops his pants and is playing with himself that is gross and rude but that is not an assault
Though not actually assault, I consider a public dick beating within the same spirit of sexual assault.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:
Though not actually assault, I consider a public dick beating within the same spirit of sexual assault.
I think most of us can agree - Public dick wanking is an odd place for cwtcr to draw the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:
what do you do at nude beaches? lots of naked folks around. In my opinion and the laws I think you have to make contact. The wanker could be charged with other crimes but sexual assault is not one of them
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:
I think most of us can agree - Public dick wanking is an odd place for cwtcr to draw the line.

the dude exposing himself could be charged with other crimes, sexual assault would not be one of them as there is no assault on the female in the scenario
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:
what do you do at nude beaches? lots of naked folks around. In my opinion and the laws I think you have to make contact. The wanker could be charged with other crimes but sexual assault is not one of them
Can we agree that whacking it on a street isn't in anyway close to being on a nude beach and is a form of sexual harassment?
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:
It's an interesting theory cwtcr - I'll give you that. Not true, but interesting.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:

the dude exposing himself could be charged with other crimes, sexual assault would not be one of them as there is no assault on the female in the scenario
Good luck with that.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:

Good luck with that.[/quote]

good luck with what? he would be charged with indecent exposure...duh or lewd conduct or whatever they call it, wtf are you going on about?
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote: A female acquaintance on Facebook detailed her assaults. A perv dropped trou and began pleasuring himself in front of her and another time she thinks she was followed. I don't know her well enough to point out that neither of those instances were assault and that the first instance was, in fact, illegal.

Good luck with that.
good luck with what? he would be charged with indecent exposure...duh or lewd conduct or whatever they call it, wtf are you going on about?[/quote]

OK. Sounds like you've got it all figured out.

Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

I think there is a huge difference in re to a woman who has been sexually assaulted and a woman who has had a guy wave his private parts in her general direction...but that is just me.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Major Kong wrote:I think there is a huge difference in re to a woman who has been sexually assaulted and a woman who has had a guy wave his private parts in her general direction...but that is just me.

I agree. Words should have meaning. Exposing yourself to a stranger and/or whacking your pud is messed up and illegal. But assault? That's pushing it IMO.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Major Kong wrote:I think there is a huge difference in re to a woman who has been sexually assaulted and a woman who has had a guy wave his private parts in her general direction...but that is just me.
You guys are confusing assault and battery. Many jurisdictions, and the common law, require touching for battery. Assault requires only a reasonable apprehension.

Sexual assault is a separate definition. But cranking one out to someone, live and in living color, is sexual assault in the non-UWS world.

Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

ip_law-hokie wrote:You guys are confusing assault and battery. Many jurisdictions, and the common law, require touching for battery. Assault requires only a reasonable apprehension.

Sexual assault is a separate definition. But cranking one out to someone, live and in living color, is sexual assault in the non-UWS world.

I'm sure my wife & I know the difference between the 2...you want to see the scars she still carries, both emotional and physical, from 35 years ago :?: Give me a break. In no way would a guy "cranking one out" in front of a woman (or visa versa) be in the same ballpark as a sexual violent assault. Sexual Harassment :?: You betcha and rightly so.

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Major Kong wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:You guys are confusing assault and battery. Many jurisdictions, and the common law, require touching for battery. Assault requires only a reasonable apprehension.

I'm sure my wife & I know the difference between the 2...you want to see the scars she still carries, both emotional and physical, from 35 years ago :?: Give me a break. In no way would a guy "cranking one out" in front of a woman (or visa versa) be in the same ballpark as a sexual violent assault. Sexual Harassment :?: You betcha and rightly so.
I'm not sure that you do MK.

Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

ip_law-hokie wrote:I'm not sure that you do MK.

I'm sure that you don't IP.

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Major Kong wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:I'm not sure that you do MK.

I'm sure that you don't IP.
We are having two separate conversations here.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:
Your sig line gave me thought that a lot of these women offended by male sexuality are the same ones who dressed up as anthropomorphic vaginas and got in mens' faces.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:
Your sig line gave me thought that a lot of these women offended by male sexuality are the same ones who dressed up as anthropomorphic vaginas and got in mens' faces.
Yep, they're morons. Same people that flash their tits and then claim to be ladies. They can't accept that behavior earns labels as they want to act like trash and be thought of as classy. Cognitive dissonance.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
You guys are confusing assault and battery. Many jurisdictions, and the common law, require touching for battery. Assault requires only a reasonable apprehension.

not sure where you are getting that assault is apprehension, huh??? I am afraid so that is an assault...no not per the cops. Now the person can be threatening and if using threatening language can be charged with that (communicating threats) but for assault you will need contact in some form. That does not mean the person that is doing something is not going to be charged with some other crime.

If your theory held true anytime a woman does not wear a bra or underwear and others can see her female parts she could be charged with assault