Trump to replace Gingsburg and Sotomayor on the SCOTUS?

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
UpstateSCHokie

Trump to replace Gingsburg and Sotomayor on the SCOTUS?

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Could you imagine the carnage from all of the liberal heads exploding? If those 2 seats become vacant, you will see a push for Trump's removal via the 25th amendment like you've never seen. Of course that would just mean that Pence would replace them.

======================================

Report: Trump Doesn’t Expect Ginsburg And Sotomayor To Make It Through His First Term
Thomas Phippen
8:18 AM 10/16/2017

President Donald Trump expects to nominate a total of four Supreme Court justices, claiming that three seats will likely become vacant during his first term, anonymous sources told Mike Allen of Axios.

Trump expects to fill the seats of Justices Anthony Kennedy, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, and Sonia Sotomayor in addition to nominating Neil Gorsuch, who Trump nominated to fill former Justice Antonin Scalia’s seat earlier this year. Scalia died in 2016, well before Trump took office.

Rumors about Justice Kennedy’s retirement floated around SCOTUS circles this summer, and many people expect the 81-year-old to retire before the end of Trump’s first term. That would make a total of two seats for Trump to fill.

Completing this poll entitles you to Daily Caller news updates free of charge. You may opt out at anytime. You also agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

Asked by the source who the other vacancies would be, Trump said Ginsburg’s seat is likely to become vacant. “What does she weigh? 60 pounds?” Trump told the source.

Asked who the fourth vacant seat would be, Trump replied “Sotomayor,” referring to the first justice nominated by former President Barack Obama. At 63, Sotomayor is rarely mentioned as a pending vacant seat on the court.

But Trump believes that her longtime struggle with type-1 diabetes imperils her future on the court. “Her health,” Trump said. “No good. Diabetes,” Trump reportedly said.

Sotomayor has discussed her fight against diabetes and how she copes with the disease on a daily basis. “It wasn’t so bad, but it was still bad,” Sotomayor said during a meeting of diabetic children in 2011. “It was still something that I had to deal with, grow up with and figure out how to live with.”

http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/16/repor ... irst-term/

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
CFB Apologist

Re: Trump to replace Gingsburg and Sotomayor on the SCOTUS?

Post by CFB Apologist »

Trump won't name anyone to the bench.. the dems will block them all until he is out of office.. remember this vacancy is "their/obamas" that trump stole from them. They will never confirm any trump nominee
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Nuked
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:Trump won't name anyone to the bench.. the dems will block them all until he is out of office.. remember this vacancy is "their/obamas" that trump stole from them. They will never confirm any trump nominee
Dems can't stop anything. Pubs only need 50 votes to confirm. Now McCain, Collins, and Murkowski could be a problem though.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:Trump won't name anyone to the bench.. the dems will block them all until he is out of office.. remember this vacancy is "their/obamas" that trump stole from them. They will never confirm any trump nominee
Dems can't stop anything. Pubs only need 50 votes to confirm. Now McCain, Collins, and Murkowski could be a problem though.
Haven't been following - aren't they blocking gorsuch?
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
Gorsuch has already published court opinions as a Supreme Court Associate Justice. He's been on for several months.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

I'm confused ... Trump thinks Sotomayor's death is imminent because she is diabetic???
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
HvilleHokie

Post by HvilleHokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
he's been on for six months, wolf blitzer.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

BigDave wrote:I'm confused ... Trump thinks Sotomayor's death is imminent because she is diabetic???
Maybe he has inside knowledge she might have to resign for health reasons. If so, what a shitty pick by Obama.

Personally, I have a hard time believing that, but would welcome her enjoying an early retirement.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

BigDave wrote:I'm confused ... Trump thinks Sotomayor's death is imminent because she is diabetic???
No, she has some documented issues, but if you look at her she is not doing great
FireFuente
Alma Mater: VT

Post by FireFuente »

USN_Hokie wrote:
Maybe he has inside knowledge she might have to resign for health reasons. If so, what a shitty pick by Obama.

Personally, I have a hard time believing that, but would welcome her enjoying an early retirement.
No chance that happens with a Repub in office. Even if she does have health problems she'll be in that seat until she literally drops dead.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

FireFuente wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

No chance that happens with a Repub in office. Even if she does have health problems she'll be in that seat until she literally drops dead.
I tend to agree, but stranger things have happened....
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

FireFuente wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

she is not healthy, that can happen, see scalia
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

HvilleHokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
Yeah shoot me.. I got lost in Trump announcing on twitter he appointed the greatest justice ever in record time, MSNBC denying that and saying it's against the law and is just smearing Obama, and twitter hashtags #gorsuchisanazi trending.. sorry I got confused in all that
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
Yeah shoot me.. I got lost in Trump announcing on twitter he appointed the greatest justice ever in record time, MSNBC denying that and saying it's against the law and is just smearing Obama, and twitter hashtags #gorsuchisanazi trending.. sorry I got confused in all that
You'll get'em next time.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.