Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Rosa Parks: My Story

Post by BigDave »

On the evening of December Rosa Parks decided that she was going to sit in the white people section on the bus in Montgomery, Alabama. During this time blacks had to give up there seats to whites when more whites got on the bus. Rosa Parks refused to give up her seat. Her and the bus driver began to talk and the conversation went like this. “Let me have those front seats” said the driver. She didn’t get up and told the driver that she was tired of giving her seat to white people. “I’m going to have you arrested,” said the driver. “You may do that,” Rosa Parks responded. Two white policemen came in and Rosa Parks asked them “why do you all push us around?” The police officer replied and said “I don’t know, but the law is the law and you’re under arrest.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/201 ... story.html

That's some A- work, right there.

(Slate tries to excuse the paper saying that the student did more than just this paper to get the A- ... this paper was the final exam for the class, not the entire class. Okay ... and ... ?)
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
Mcl3 Hokie

Re: Rosa Parks: My Story

Post by Mcl3 Hokie »

Darn, that must have been a 93, just below a full A. The command of the English language, along with its factual content, makes you wonder why it wasn't graded as an A.
BigDave wrote:On the evening of December Rosa Parks decided that she was going to sit in the white people section on the bus in Montgomery, Alabama. During this time blacks had to give up there seats to whites when more whites got on the bus. Rosa Parks refused to give up her seat. Her and the bus driver began to talk and the conversation went like this. “Let me have those front seats” said the driver. She didn’t get up and told the driver that she was tired of giving her seat to white people. “I’m going to have you arrested,” said the driver. “You may do that,” Rosa Parks responded. Two white policemen came in and Rosa Parks asked them “why do you all push us around?” The police officer replied and said “I don’t know, but the law is the law and you’re under arrest.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/201 ... story.html

That's some A- work, right there.

(Slate tries to excuse the paper saying that the student did more than just this paper to get the A- ... this paper was the final exam for the class, not the entire class. Okay ... and ... ?)
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

AG approved
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

I still think it would be awesome if Lane turned backs collectively on UNC
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.