Who is this Federal Judge in Hawaii that is the most

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
CFB Apologist

Who is this Federal Judge in Hawaii that is the most

Post by CFB Apologist »

powerful person in the world? Please educate me how he can void an executive order from the President? did the Repubs have a federal judge in Guam that blocked Obama's work? I am asking a serious question. This judge in Hawaii can stop an executive order travel ban? and if so, why doesn't trump remove him? Those are appointments, correct?
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Re: Who is this Federal Judge in Hawaii that is the most

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Doesn't work like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

ip_law-hokie wrote:Doesn't work like that.

Can this judge raise the debt ceiling? Can he appeal Obamacare or its replacement? Where does his insane power end? Just at the travel ban? what other powers does he have? Can he declare war?
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:

Can this judge raise the debt ceiling? Can he appeal Obamacare or its replacement? Where does his insane power end? Just at the travel ban? what other powers does he have? Can he declare war?
Nope.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

Nope.
So his power ends at using legal technicalities that the Supreme court has overturned in the past in order to be an obstructionist prick without regard to safety of the United States? Cool... And does he have to die to lose his appointment? Or can someone loyal to the United States remove and replace him? serious question?
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

Nope.
So his power ends at using legal technicalities that the Supreme court has overturned in the past in order to be an obstructionist prick without regard to safety of the United States? Cool... And does he have to die to lose his appointment? Or can someone loyal to the United States remove and replace him? serious question?
You appear worked up.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

Nope.
You appear worked up.
I'm asking a serious question. Does he keep his appointment for life? or can he be replaced by a judge that is loyal to the United States/ US Constitution? I thought these were appointments- like cabinet positions. I didn't know that obstructionist Syrian/Yemen loyalists could serve for life on the federal bench? Any info is appreciated.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

Nope.
You appear worked up.
I'm asking a serious question. Does he keep his appointment for life? or can he be replaced by a judge that is loyal to the United States/ US Constitution? I thought these were appointments- like cabinet positions. I didn't know that obstructionist Syrian/Yemen loyalists could serve for life on the federal bench? Any info is appreciated.
I have no reason to believe that this judge is not loyal to the United States / US Constitution.

A president cannot remove a federal judge because he doesn't like their ruling. But you know that already.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
Nope.
You appear worked up.
I have no reason to believe that this judge is not loyal to the United States / US Constitution.

A president cannot remove a federal judge because he doesn't like their ruling. But you know that already.[/quote]

I'm dying to hear your logic/rationale- really- on a federal judge supporting unabated Syrian/Yemen/Iranian/N Korean travel to the United States 3 times to the point that he takes on the POTUS publicly and directly as being loyal to the US and its national security.. Go ahead.. He just has a soft spot for Yemen travelers? he thinks its mean to keep Syrians- who fire upon US troops daily- out of the country- since so many of them want to go to disney world. Love to hear your logic on his loyalty to the US.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: Can this judge raise the debt ceiling? Can he appeal Obamacare or its replacement? Where does his insane power end? Just at the travel ban? what other powers does he have? Can he declare war?
Nope.
You appear worked up.

A president cannot remove a federal judge because he doesn't like their ruling. But you know that already.
I'm dying to hear your logic/rationale- really- on a federal judge supporting unabated Syrian/Yemen/Iranian/N Korean travel to the United States 3 times to the point that he takes on the POTUS publicly and directly as being loyal to the US and its national security.. Go ahead.. He just has a soft spot for Yemen travelers? he thinks its mean to keep Syrians- who fire upon US troops daily- out of the country- since so many of them want to go to disney world. Love to hear your logic on his loyalty to the US.[/quote]

I haven't read the opinion, nor am a familiar with the governing case law. I would have to do so before forming an opinion.

CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

Can this judge raise the debt ceiling? Can he appeal Obamacare or its replacement? Where does his insane power end? Just at the travel ban? what other powers does he have? Can he declare war?[/quote]

Nope.[/quote]

So his power ends at using legal technicalities that the Supreme court has overturned in the past in order to be an obstructionist prick without regard to safety of the United States? Cool... And does he have to die to lose his appointment? Or can someone loyal to the United States remove and replace him? serious question?[/quote]

You appear worked up.[/quote]

I'm asking a serious question. Does he keep his appointment for life? or can he be replaced by a judge that is loyal to the United States/ US Constitution? I thought these were appointments- like cabinet positions. I didn't know that obstructionist Syrian/Yemen loyalists could serve for life on the federal bench? Any info is appreciated.[/quote]

A president cannot remove a federal judge because he doesn't like their ruling. But you know that already.[/quote]

I'm dying to hear your logic/rationale- really- on a federal judge supporting unabated Syrian/Yemen/Iranian/N Korean travel to the United States 3 times to the point that he takes on the POTUS publicly and directly as being loyal to the US and its national security.. Go ahead.. He just has a soft spot for Yemen travelers? he thinks its mean to keep Syrians- who fire upon US troops daily- out of the country- since so many of them want to go to disney world. Love to hear your logic on his loyalty to the US.[/quote]

I haven't read the opinion, nor am a familiar with the governing case law. I would have to do so before forming an opinion.

Here are the cliff notes... President Trump issues a travel ban (three times) - on rogue middle eastern nations we are currently at war with and N. Korea. Obama issued travel bans- which this judge had no issue with of course, Bush issued travel bans- every president has issued travel bans. This judge doesn't like this particular travel ban (for some weird reason?) and blocks it multiple times despite the supreme court overturning the first two attempts. So, the question is..does he think travel bans are mean? or is there some other motivation for putting US security at risk multiple times? His loyalty should be questioned by any reasonable person. Why is it so important to him that Syrians and Iranians travel here without scrutiny?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:Can this judge raise the debt ceiling? Can he appeal Obamacare or its replacement? Where does his insane power end? Just at the travel ban? what other powers does he have? Can he declare war?
Nope.[/quote]

So his power ends at using legal technicalities that the Supreme court has overturned in the past in order to be an obstructionist prick without regard to safety of the United States? Cool... And does he have to die to lose his appointment? Or can someone loyal to the United States remove and replace him? serious question?[/quote]

I'm asking a serious question. Does he keep his appointment for life? or can he be replaced by a judge that is loyal to the United States/ US Constitution? I thought these were appointments- like cabinet positions. I didn't know that obstructionist Syrian/Yemen loyalists could serve for life on the federal bench? Any info is appreciated.[/quote]

Here are the cliff notes... President Trump issues a travel ban (three times) - on rogue middle eastern nations we are currently at war with and N. Korea. Obama issued travel bans- which this judge had no issue with of course, Bush issued travel bans- every president has issued travel bans. This judge doesn't like this particular travel ban (for some weird reason?) and blocks it multiple times despite the supreme court overturning the first two attempts. So, the question is..does he think travel bans are mean? or is there some other motivation for putting US security at risk multiple times? His loyalty should be questioned by any reasonable person. Why is it so important to him that Syrians and Iranians travel here without scrutiny?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote][/quote]

I'd prefer to read the actual opinion.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

Nope.[/quote]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote][/quote]

I'd prefer to read the actual opinion.[/quote]

Me too.. so far he has only said its mean and that trump is a racist..
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

A Federal Judge can be impeached...it has happened in the past.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.