Post by oaktonhokie »

writing ZERO on the card and saying, "Not with president sands in office."
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Re: Just got a request for donation from tech. I responded

Post by nolanvt »

oaktonhokie wrote:writing ZERO on the card and saying, "Not with president sands in office."
Oh wow. Maybe they will let him go then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

nolanvt wrote:
oaktonhokie wrote:writing ZERO on the card and saying, "Not with president sands in office."

I know this is over your head... but if Sands doesn't grow said "donations" and the endowment CONSIDERABLY soon, he will fire himself. Please save your "its not his job" response and your "vt is doing fine with donations" response because neither is true. If Sands wants to keep his job long term, he should take Oakton's card seriously because his school's endowment SUCKS compared to its peers.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

I know this is over your head... but if Sands doesn't grow said "donations" and the endowment CONSIDERABLY soon, he will fire himself. Please save your "its not his job" response and your "vt is doing fine with donations" response because neither is true. If Sands wants to keep his job long term, he should take Oakton's card seriously because his school's endowment SUCKS compared to its peers.
Yep. But this a Hokie issue so TrollingVT shouldn't have an opinion.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Not to encourage you, but you would have been better served donating a nickel. That way, the intern working in Burris cannot simply toss the card in the trash. If they didn’t withdraw a nickel, you’d have good reason to call the intern and ask her why.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
Not to encourage you, but you would have been better served donating a nickel. That way, the intern working in Burris cannot simply toss the card in the trash. If they didn’t withdraw a nickel, you’d have good reason to call the intern and ask her why.

Great recommendation
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
FireFuente
Alma Mater: VT

Post by FireFuente »

CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Yep, its the 3rd lowest in the ACC behind only Clemson and FSU.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_ ... _and_ACCAC

On a side note, is it just a coincidence that all of the football schools have lousy endowments?
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

FireFuente wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

On a side note, is it just a coincidence that all of the football schools have lousy endowments?
Attributing our relatively low endowment to Sands is the height of political silliness. I don’t have to look at the list to see Duke, UNC and UVA to have much higher endowments.

Was Torgeson a screaming lib too?

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Yeah our endowment might seem large...nearing a $billion...but severely behind other schools even in the State where we are 6th. There is no reason that VT should be lagging behind VCU.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

The last capital campaign under Steger was a huge success, raising in excess of $1.1B. The next campaign is already in the "quiet phase" and will have a goal of more than $2B.

To date I'm not a big fan of Sands nor of his cadre of Ivy League hires across the top of the org chart, but one of them is a top flight fund raiser. They have already consolidated all giving under one umbrella, which was sorely needed. I think this next campaign will be the determinant if VT takes the next step forward.
FireFuente

Post by FireFuente »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
FireFuente wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Attributing our relatively low endowment to Sands is the height of political silliness. I don’t have to look at the list to see Duke, UNC and UVA to have much higher endowments.

I don't think anyone is doing that. The endowment was comically low long before Sands got here. But he will be blamed if it doesn't grow or decreases over the next few years.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Just got mine in the mail today. I think I'll do the same as you. I don't like Sands turning my Alma Mater into a left wing loony bin.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

I was not the only one booing when sands did the homecoming thing on saturday.

There weren't many, but i was not alone.

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
Just got mine in the mail today. I think I'll do the same as you. I don't like Sands turning my Alma Mater into a left wing loony bin.
Techmomof2
Alma Mater: Penn State

Post by Techmomof2 »

FireFuente wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
FireFuente wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

I don't think anyone is doing that. The endowment was comically low long before Sands got here. But he will be blamed if it doesn't grow or decreases over the next few years.
I only give to athletics. I need my parking spot.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

Techmomof2 wrote:
FireFuente wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
FireFuente wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

I only give to academics. They give me tickets to their box.
FireFuente

Post by FireFuente »

oaktonhokie wrote:I was not the only one booing when sands did the homecoming thing on saturday.

Were they booing something specific he did at homecoming or just his presence?

How many times did he say the word "inclusive"?
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

To be clear, to call it a smattering of boos would be a slight exaggeration.

I boo'ed heartily at both mentions of his name. Not at anything he said.

FireFuente wrote:
oaktonhokie wrote:I was not the only one booing when sands did the homecoming thing on saturday.

Were they booing something specific he did at homecoming or just his presence?

How many times did he say the word "inclusive"?
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

Techmomof2 wrote:
FireFuente wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
FireFuente wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

I only give to academics. They give me tickets to their box.[/quote]

Do you stand for the Anthem in the box? Does it piss you off or annoy you when the corps does their pass and review before the game? Too much "america"?
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
Techmomof2 wrote:
I only give to academics. They give me tickets to their box.
Do you stand for the Anthem in the box? Does it piss you off or annoy you when the corps does their pass and review before the game? Too much "america"?
???