Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Would it be easier to list the powerful men who HAVEN'T

Post by BigDave »

Would it be easier to list the powerful men who HAVEN'T harassed or assaulted a woman?

http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/25/media/m ... index.html

I would not have picked Mark Halperin in my "next person to be accused of sexual harassment" pool.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
RiverguyVT

Re: Would it be easier to list the powerful men who HAVEN'T

Post by RiverguyVT »

Pence, not being alone with women who aren't his wife...looking smarter all the time.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Here's one: Mike Pence, the man who everyone mocked for not going out drinking alone with female coworkers.

Bottom line: powerful men are in positions where women can use sex to their advantage in order to get ahead. Unless you eliminate scenarios where you could be implicated, you are setting yourself up for blackmail (that's really what this is).
BigDave

Post by BigDave »

RiverguyVT wrote:Pence, not being alone with women who aren't his wife...looking smarter all the time.
I'm dumbfounded that liberals gave him so much flack for that. (Well, maybe I shouldn't be.) It's a good policy.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:Here's one: Mike Pence, the man who everyone mocked for not going out drinking alone with female coworkers.

Bottom line: powerful men are in positions where women can use sex to their advantage in order to get ahead. Unless you eliminate scenarios where you could be implicated, you are setting yourself up for blackmail (that's really what this is).
Correct. The Unusuals are adversaries to common sense for some reason.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

BigDave wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:Pence, not being alone with women who aren't his wife...looking smarter all the time.
I'm dumbfounded that liberals gave him so much flack for that. (Well, maybe I shouldn't be.) It's a good policy.
They're anti-normal and anti-smart. In their world, they should be able to have intercourse at will with coworkers. And then it's rape if the woman changes her mind after the fact. They're odd in the name of being accepting.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

BigDave wrote:Would it be easier to list the powerful men who HAVEN'T harassed or assaulted a woman?

I would not have picked Mark Halperin in my "next person to be accused of sexual harassment" pool.
from what I understand now from all the kefuffle in the last month that is if you proposition a woman for anything or make a pass at someone you have committed sexual assault. So every male on the planet and all lesbians should turn themselves in now!
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:Would it be easier to list the powerful men who HAVEN'T harassed or assaulted a woman?

from what I understand now from all the kefuffle in the last month that is if you proposition a woman for anything or make a pass at someone you have committed sexual assault. So every male on the planet and all lesbians should turn themselves in now!
Unless they want it, then you're a pussy for not entering the minefield they set up of being able to declare anything rape and sexual harassment, even after they asked for it. Or deceide that putting your wee wee in them is ok, but fondling their tits during intercourse is unwanted and so sexual assault.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Unless they want it, then you're a pussy for not entering the minefield they set up of being able to declare anything rape and sexual harassment, even after they asked for it. Or deceide that putting your wee wee in them is ok, but fondling their tits during intercourse is unwanted and so sexual assault.
I know this, if my wife's boss pushed up on her and tried something she would kick him right in the balls and then explain that his wife would get a report on the incident, then he would have to deal with me. Yes men and women can be crass and rude, put them in their place and it stops. From the Ashley Judd interview this morning about Weinstein she was in his hotel room and he was being and a-hole but he never forced her to do anything and she could have left at any point.... effing leave if the dude is being an ass!
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

I know this, if my wife's boss pushed up on her and tried something she would kick him right in the balls and then explain that his wife would get a report on the incident, then he would have to deal with me. Yes men and women can be crass and rude, put them in their place and it stops. From the Ashley Judd interview this morning about Weinstein she was in his hotel room and he was being and a-hole but he never forced her to do anything and she could have left at any point.... effing leave if the dude is being an ass!
She has to say that, she can't say she prostituted herself for gigs. I think the A listers will tell that same story of him being horny and then nothing happened when something likely happened.

Nothing could have really happened too. I'm pointing out that they shoot themselves if they admit anything happened and so aren't credible do to them being accessories if something did happen.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

I'm no Halperin fan, but what kind of world are we living in where women can just accuse a man of this stuff and the man instantly loses his job? Does she have to produce any sort of proof at all? This is really reminiscent of the Salem witch trials. Just accuse someone of something and watch that person burn at the stake.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
BigDave

Post by BigDave »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:

I'm no Halperin fan, but what kind of world are we living in where women can just accuse a man of this stuff and the man instantly loses his job? Does she have to produce any sort of proof at all? This is really reminiscent of the Salem witch trials. Just accuse someone of something and watch that person burn at the stake.
Well, it's five women, not just one. And he has admitted it:

"During this period, I did pursue relationships with women that I worked with, including some junior to me," Halperin said in a statement to CNN Wednesday night. "I now understand from these accounts that my behavior was inappropriate and caused others pain. For that, I am deeply sorry and I apologize. Under the circumstances, I'm going to take a step back from my day-to-day work while I properly deal with this situation."
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

BigDave wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

"During this period, I did pursue relationships with women that I worked with, including some junior to me," Halperin said in a statement to CNN Wednesday night. "I now understand from these accounts that my behavior was inappropriate and caused others pain. For that, I am deeply sorry and I apologize. Under the circumstances, I'm going to take a step back from my day-to-day work while I properly deal with this situation."
I guess if they admit then its open & shut. But what about cases like O'Reilly and Ailes?

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

BigDave wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

He made a pass at them or actually touched them, if making a play for someone that is simple, no, shuts it down, if not go to HR or find a job as I have never figured out why some people want to work for people they cannot stand. He has denied ever touching anyone. But you should lose your job for persuing a woman, of course many many many folks become a couple by meeting at work or work related
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

I guess if they admit then its open & shut. But what about cases like O'Reilly and Ailes?
O'Reilly had affairs, that then became somehow harassment. I agree the guy is a douchebag to his wife but it goes back to what I said, these days have a sex contract reviewed by the lawyers
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

The common thread in both propositions (pussy if you don't make advances, predator if you do and they don't like it) is lack/transfer of responsibility. That's why feminism is inherently liberal.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

The common thread in both propositions (pussy if you don't make advances, predator if you do and they don't like it) is lack/transfer of responsibility. That's why feminism is inherently liberal.
Yep, it assumes the man is always wrong and the woman is always right.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:

Come on man, read a little. Read his statement, it isn't always about assault (see BD post). There are reasons companies have rules against relationships in the office. "Don't dip your pen in company ink".

Yes, Mike Pence has a pretty decent rule. For the most part I do the same thing.
People who know, know.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Come on man, read a little. Read his statement, it isn't always about assault (see BD post). There are reasons companies have rules against relationships in the office. "Don't dip your pen in company ink".

Yes, Mike Pence has a pretty decent rule. For the most part I do the same thing.
I know men and women in the workplace can be terrible humans, in bigger companies you have HR, tougher situation in smaller companies but why work in a place that you hate. But to think that all humans on the planet are going to stop trying to get with a co-worker is a fantasy. I am sure there are many spouses that wish that person never worked with their spouse and there are many couples on the planet that would never have become a couple if they had not met at work. Being a crass jackass is being a bad human, there are many ways to deal with that person
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

I know men and women in the workplace can be terrible humans, in bigger companies you have HR, tougher situation in smaller companies but why work in a place that you hate. But to think that all humans on the planet are going to stop trying to get with a co-worker is a fantasy. I am sure there are many spouses that wish that person never worked with their spouse and there are many couples on the planet that would never have become a couple if they had not met at work. Being a crass jackass is being a bad human, there are many ways to deal with that person
I don't expect it to stop happening, that doesn't make it a good idea. Friends of mine that are married with 2 kids met at work. It led to one of them leaving, willingly. I'm not sure why not being permitted to date would result in someone hating the work place.
People who know, know.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

The easier and more honest and correct thing would be to stop revisionist labeling of flirting it social interaction as "assault" and "harassment". That is the honorable thing. But we live in hashtag America where we are still talking about how white people owned slaves abs were "traitors" to the US by fighting for their states rights 200 years ago. I used to dance with strange chicks on the dance floor at Hawaii Kai in Blacksburg and Baja Beach club in Baltimore- I would routinely grab asses of girls that would come up and grind against me, and pull me closer in to kiss them etc. we were partying, dancing.. but now today I have "assaulted" them.. laughable and dishonest
BigDave

Post by BigDave »

There is a difference between wanted (and reciprocated) behavior vs unwanted advances.

If you smile and she doesn't smile back, don't jump to "I'd love to see what's under that dress".
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

BigDave wrote:There is a difference between wanted (and reciprocated) behavior vs unwanted advances.

If you smile and she doesn't smile back, don't jump to "I'd love to see what's under that dress".
Agree. And no matter how much we recklessly and dishonestly label "assault" and "harassment" and create hashtag movements, there will still be assholes, which is what most of this boils down to - trying to guilt and legislate assholes from society - good luck
CWHOKIECPA
Party: In your Moms mouth

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

George HW Bush is a rapist also. Did you see that story? He raped an actress from his wheel chair in front of everyone.
My women clients think I'm so sweet.
CWHOKIECPA
Party: In your Moms mouth

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

cwtcr hokie wrote:

Under their definition, every single one of us is guilty of sexual assault at some point. That is a guarantee.
My women clients think I'm so sweet.