Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Re: Would it be easier to list the powerful men who HAVEN'T

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:
BigDave wrote:Would it be easier to list the powerful men who HAVEN'T harassed or assaulted a woman?

http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/25/media/m ... index.html

I would not have picked Mark Halperin in my "next person to be accused of sexual harassment" pool.
George HW Bush is a rapist also. Did you see that story? He raped an actress from his wheel chair in front of everyone.
Apparently it was a public threesome.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
VTDante
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Libertarian

Post by VTDante »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:Would it be easier to list the powerful men who HAVEN'T harassed or assaulted a woman?

I would not have picked Mark Halperin in my "next person to be accused of sexual harassment" pool.
from what I understand now from all the kefuffle in the last month that is if you proposition a woman for anything or make a pass at someone you have committed sexual assault. So every male on the planet and all lesbians should turn themselves in now!
Unless they want it, then you're a pussy for not entering the minefield they set up of being able to declare anything rape and sexual harassment, even after they asked for it. Or deceide that putting your wee wee in them is ok, but fondling their tits during intercourse is unwanted and so sexual assault.
The common thread in both propositions (pussy if you don't make advances, predator if you do and they don't like it) is lack/transfer of responsibility. That's why feminism is inherently liberal.
It's even worse than that. The modern feminism laws and culture allow for women turn consensual sex into rape without proof of evidence for financial settlements. Rape/sexual assault now includes revenge on ex through false accusations and regret d***. And it's on the male to prove his innocence in a he said/she said situation. The male will almost always lose in court/public opinion. The only option is scorched earth in the matter of public opinion. Shame the THOT publicly.

Why hasn't anyone in the media questioned why women continued to accept invitations to Harvey Weinstein's hotel room? The rumors have been around for years. I'm not condoning his behavior, but women need to be held accountable for their decisions. Most knew what they were getting into and were willing to exchange sex for a job/money/fame. Feminism allows women to double dip financially and get good feelz by playing victim. Rose McGowen is pissed because she wants more money.

One silver lining is feminism is destroying itself. Pence is a smart man and there are many men who are changing their opinions on the role of the state as a result of the cancer that is feminism. Weinstein is a major lib donor who supported feminist causes. As more men understand the game and shift their politics towards limited government, they will consciously limit their involvement or altogether disengage from government and/or the women who use the state as a proxy to financially cripple men.

Since there will be a dwindling pool of men to take to the cleaners, feminists will be forced to turn on the male feminists and other men who support women causes further draining their donor base.

Watch how little coverage the Cosby re-trial gets next month when he beats the charges. The feminism industry has to keep rape culture out in the forefront to mask the realities of many situations.
Last edited by VTDante on Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

VTDante wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

from what I understand now from all the kefuffle in the last month that is if you proposition a woman for anything or make a pass at someone you have committed sexual assault. So every male on the planet and all lesbians should turn themselves in now!
Unless they want it, then you're a pussy for not entering the minefield they set up of being able to declare anything rape and sexual harassment, even after they asked for it. Or deceide that putting your wee wee in them is ok, but fondling their tits during intercourse is unwanted and so sexual assault.
The common thread in both propositions (pussy if you don't make advances, predator if you do and they don't like it) is lack/transfer of responsibility. That's why feminism is inherently liberal.
It's even worse than that. The modern feminism laws and culture allow for women turn consensual sex into rape without proof of evidence for financial settlements. Rape/sexual assault now includes revenge on ex through false accusations and next morning regret d***. And it's on the male to prove his innocence in a he said/she said situation. The male will almost always lose in court/public opinion. The only option is scorched earth in the matter of public opinion.

Why hasn't anyone in the media questioned why women continued to accept invitations to Harvey Weinstein's hotel room? The rumors around for years. I'm not condoning his behavior, but women need to be held accountable for their decisions. Most knew what they were getting into and they exchanged sex for a better job. Feminism allows women to double dip financially and get good feelz by playing victim.

Pence is a smart man and there are many men who are changing their opinions on the role of the state as a result of the cancer that is feminism. One silver lining is feminism is destroying itself. Weinstein is a major lib donor who supported feminist causes. As more men understand the game and shift their politics towards limited government, they will consciously limit their involvement or altogether disengage from government and/or women who have proven they will use the government to cripple men.

Since there will be a dwindling pool of men to take to the cleaners, feminists will be forced to turn on the male feminists and other men who support women causes further draining their donor base.

Watch how little coverage the Cosby re-trial gets next month when he beats the charges.
Yep. The have all control in their world, even control to change the past.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Come on man, read a little. Read his statement, it isn't always about assault (see BD post). There are reasons companies have rules against relationships in the office. "Don't dip your pen in company ink".

Yes, Mike Pence has a pretty decent rule. For the most part I do the same thing.
I know men and women in the workplace can be terrible humans, in bigger companies you have HR, tougher situation in smaller companies but why work in a place that you hate. But to think that all humans on the planet are going to stop trying to get with a co-worker is a fantasy. I am sure there are many spouses that wish that person never worked with their spouse and there are many couples on the planet that would never have become a couple if they had not met at work. Being a crass jackass is being a bad human, there are many ways to deal with that person
I don't expect it to stop happening, that doesn't make it a good idea. Friends of mine that are married with 2 kids met at work. It led to one of them leaving, willingly. I'm not sure why not being permitted to date would result in someone hating the work place.
It is called being human, being attracted to someone so it will never stop, the nutty stuff going on now is just the idiots in society taking over
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

BigDave wrote:There is a difference between wanted (and reciprocated) behavior vs unwanted advances.

If you smile and she doesn't smile back, don't jump to "I'd love to see what's under that dress".
correct, and there is a difference in being a crude butt head and being a decent human.....news flash, not everyone is a decent human
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

BigDave wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

I'm no Halperin fan, but what kind of world are we living in where women can just accuse a man of this stuff and the man instantly loses his job? Does she have to produce any sort of proof at all? This is really reminiscent of the Salem witch trials. Just accuse someone of something and watch that person burn at the stake.
Well, it's five women, not just one. And he has admitted it:

"During this period, I did pursue relationships with women that I worked with, including some junior to me," Halperin said in a statement to CNN Wednesday night. "I now understand from these accounts that my behavior was inappropriate and caused others pain. For that, I am deeply sorry and I apologize. Under the circumstances, I'm going to take a step back from my day-to-day work while I properly deal with this situation."

I worked at a company where there was a big sexual harassment issue. The CEO was in the paper for a settled sexual harassment case years prior. The reality is that he was banging a receptionist and he was married, while the receptionist wasn't. I guess she got made when it ended and she got paid off for about $75K in a sexual harassment lawsuit. To the world, he was guilty of sexual harassment. The real story is that he was dumb enough to bang a receptionist at work, who ran her mouth for $75K. There was nothing harassing about the relationship. He lost his job over this and a few other indiscretions. The board had it with the pattern of behavior. He had a couple other affairs like this in the office. From what I could tell, his wife didn't care.
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

BigDave wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:Pence, not being alone with women who aren't his wife...looking smarter all the time.
I'm dumbfounded that liberals gave him so much flack for that. (Well, maybe I shouldn't be.) It's a good policy.
There's nothing wrong with his policy, but no one has to go that extreme to avoid harassing a woman.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

I'm no Halperin fan, but what kind of world are we living in where women can just accuse a man of this stuff and the man instantly loses his job? Does she have to produce any sort of proof at all? This is really reminiscent of the Salem witch trials. Just accuse someone of something and watch that person burn at the stake.
Well, it's five women, not just one. And he has admitted it:

"During this period, I did pursue relationships with women that I worked with, including some junior to me," Halperin said in a statement to CNN Wednesday night. "I now understand from these accounts that my behavior was inappropriate and caused others pain. For that, I am deeply sorry and I apologize. Under the circumstances, I'm going to take a step back from my day-to-day work while I properly deal with this situation."

I worked at a company where there was a big sexual harassment issue. The CEO was in the paper for a settled sexual harassment case years prior. The reality is that he was banging a receptionist and he was married, while the receptionist wasn't. I guess she got made when it ended and she got paid off for about $75K in a sexual harassment lawsuit. To the world, he was guilty of sexual harassment. The real story is that he was dumb enough to bang a receptionist at work, who ran her mouth for $75K. There was nothing harassing about the relationship. He lost his job over this and a few other indiscretions. The board had it with the pattern of behavior. He had a couple other affairs like this in the office. From what I could tell, his wife didn't care.
Exactly, and that is the issue with many of these claims...but if the contract is signed you never end up in court. Now getting the lawyer to show up at 10 at night to review it could be an issue
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
BigDave wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:Pence, not being alone with women who aren't his wife...looking smarter all the time.
I'm dumbfounded that liberals gave him so much flack for that. (Well, maybe I shouldn't be.) It's a good policy.
There's nothing wrong with his policy, but no one has to go that extreme to avoid harassing a woman.
You do realize that all it takes is a woman claiming something, no proof is required and the guy is tar and feathered immediately. So yes these days you do have to go to that extreme if you want to be safe from some chick destroying your life
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
BigDave wrote:
Nobody has to wear a seatbelt to not die in a car accident either.