Should Bob McNair be forced to sell the Texans?

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
CFB Apologist

Should Bob McNair be forced to sell the Texans?

Post by CFB Apologist »

Bob McNair told Troy Vincent- a black man- to his face that "We can't have the inmates running the prison". McNair apologized immediately for that and said it was a figure of speech. So- do you believe McNair? Should he lose his team as many on twitter are calling for? Is he the same as Donald Sterling being recording asking his hooker why she dates black people? what should be done to McNair here? And does this quote make him a racist white supremacist? a Nazi?
cwtcr hokie

Re: Should Bob McNair be forced to sell the Texans?

Post by cwtcr hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:Bob McNair told Troy Vincent- a black man- to his face that "We can't have the inmates running the prison". McNair apologized immediately for that and said it was a figure of speech. So- do you believe McNair? Should he lose his team as many on twitter are calling for? Is he the same as Donald Sterling being recording asking his hooker why she dates black people? what should be done to McNair here? And does this quote make him a racist white supremacist? a Nazi?
It is the point of stupidity we have reached where a long time saying is turned into something else. The funniest I saw was a round table discussion on espn just now at the gym where the black guy said well you guys realize that the USA incarcerates more black people then any other place on the planet (fact check, doubt that holds true if you are talking about parts of africa). At which point I wanted to scream at the tv that if the moron black folks would not break the laws, they would not be in prison!!!
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

He should be forced to give away, not sell, the team to someone black as reparation. Probably to someone rich and liberal.

Reparations.

Then, he should apologize profusely to every black person in america, in person. For making a statement with no racial implications at all, but a statement that some black daisy could construe as racist in a quest for victimhood...and a check.

Then, he should be killed.

In the name of fairness.

CFB Apologist wrote:Bob McNair told Troy Vincent- a black man- to his face that "We can't have the inmates running the prison". McNair apologized immediately for that and said it was a figure of speech. So- do you believe McNair? Should he lose his team as many on twitter are calling for? Is he the same as Donald Sterling being recording asking his hooker why she dates black people? what should be done to McNair here? And does this quote make him a racist white supremacist? a Nazi?
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

The apology should suffice. I wouldn’t worry about it much more than that. Owners are paying for the mess they created years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

The Federal Gubment should step in and take over the team for the good of the players...it will be totally bankrupt within 3 months.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

The whole team thought about walking out of practice today. Deandre Hopkins skipped, though.

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

Duane Brown speaking out on the comments as well.

CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

nolanvt wrote:Duane Brown speaking out on the comments as well.

I recall Doc Rivers and Chris Paul choosing to go to the clippers voluntarily and cashing sterlings checks when he was well known throughout the league as a slumlord and terrible person. They only took issue with sterling and his money when they heard that private conversation with his paid hooker. Maybe some Texans will refuse McNairs money now, but I doubt it
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

nolanvt wrote:Duane Brown speaking out on the comments as well.

there are plenty of players that will take their salaries and places, let em walk, then fire them
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

nolanvt wrote:The apology should suffice. I wouldn’t worry about it much more than that. Owners are paying for the mess they created years ago.

What mess are you talking about now?
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:The apology should suffice. I wouldn’t worry about it much more than that. Owners are paying for the mess they created years ago.

It’s well documented how the owners took DOD money and required the players to come out for the anthem starting back in ‘09. Before that, players weren’t out that often for it except for special occasions (Super Bowl, 9/11 tributes, etc).

In college, I believe the players are still in the locker room during the anthem except for captains coming out for the coin toss.

HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

It’s well documented how the owners took DOD money and required the players to come out for the anthem starting back in ‘09. Before that, players weren’t out that often for it except for special occasions (Super Bowl, 9/11 tributes, etc).

In college, I believe the players are still in the locker room during the anthem except for captains coming out for the coin toss.

LOL......ever the entertainment.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

HokieHam wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

Is there something you take issue with there? Is that not what happened?

CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

Why do you keep lying about this?
Mcl3 Hokie

Post by Mcl3 Hokie »

I guess my eyes weren’t working for 20 years since I saw both teams out there for the National Anthem. Where do you come up with this crap?
nolanvt wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

I’m not lying. Players were not required to be on the sideline prior to this.

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

Yes the military paid advertising money to the nfl, good idea, lots of young males watching fball. My question is if they are protesting our justice system, what do they want changed? Not as many black folks in prison.... ok, don 't commit crimes and you never deal with the justice system. Sentencing? It does not matter what color or anything else you are, sentencing is either based on some guideline applied to all or up to a judge based on the case. Again, don't break laws and you never have to worry about. Somehow by some miracle I guess I have lived 51 years and never had anyone put a prison sentence on me....how the hell did this white boy get away with that????

By not breaking laws.... duh
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

That is correct. Not sure why anyone would argue about that. Imbeciles.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

You are 100% lying. The DOD deal had nothing to do with "player requirements" as the players are not required today to stand. You are also insinuating - wrongly - that teams never came out for the anthem until 2009- which is a flat lie. You are also wrong about the DOD deal tied to being respectful for the anthem. The DOD deal was no different than a Nike or Budweiser deal for the NFL- it had nothing to do with player behavior/policy/requirements. it was a marketing deal- nothing more.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

HokieFanDC wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

That is correct. Not sure why anyone would argue about that. Imbeciles.
The NFLs deal with the DOD had nothing to do with player behavior, policy, or the collective bargaining agreement- you imbecile. Unless you have been living under a rock, the NFL has been clear that there is no policy - and certainly no DOD advertising deal that mandates players must stand. So why would you lie and say it did? Most teams participated in the anthem YEARS before this marketing deal that you are totally misrepresenting. You are the imbecile on this topic.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

nolanvt wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

Yes......you blaming the owners for what the players are doing.....
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

They didn't take DoD money to stand for the anthem
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

McNair met with the team this morning and reiterated his poor choice of words. Good on him to hold himself accountable.

133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:McNair met with the team this morning and reiterated his poor choice of words. Good on him to hold himself accountable.

Accountable for what? Using a common phrase with no racial meaning?
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

133743Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:McNair met with the team this morning and reiterated his poor choice of words. Good on him to hold himself accountable.

Accountable for what? Using a common phrase with no racial meaning?
If he felt he didn’t err, he wouldn’t have apologized. I’ll agree that he botched the saying - it’s asylum and not prison. I can see how inserting prison in there instead can be interpreted as more racial.

In any event, I think it’s best for everyone to move on at this point. The apology should cut it.