George Washington’s Church to Remove His Memorial...

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Re: George Washington’s Church to Remove His Memorial...

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HvilleHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:Far be it for me to not pile on, but I’ll point out a couple of things:

1) the plaques will be moved to another part of the church
2) the altar is to worship God, not previous members
This is a lie.

1. They will be moved "to a new place." That could be the garbage, but it's not at all clear that they will be publicly displayed at all, let alone in the church.
2. This is a lefty talking point trying to imply that they're part of the altar to be worshiped (the WaPo article repeats it). This is a lie. They are plaques bearing their signatures - marking the pews where they prayed during services. WaPo tries to be too cute by describing this as "either side of the altar" - yes, pews are on either side of the altar. The statement is a lie based on what it purposely omits.

Once again, you are actually the one lying...

The plaques are on the wall on either side of the alter...

And there is no reason to think they won’t display them elsewhere... just not at the alter.
I took my picture straight from an MSM article on the subject, maybe you should take it up with them. Either way, your characterization that they're in a place where they're worshiped during service is a lie.

PS - it's altar. Though your spelling is ironically appropriate for a church where everyone votes on what the Bible says.

Lol! Nice deflection by someone accusing someone of lying. I didn’t know! It was just what I read! I can’t be bothered to fact check everything when I accuse others of lying!!
Always nice to see purported Christians and their purported values.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

HvilleHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: I took my picture straight from an MSM article on the subject, maybe you should take it up with them. Either way, your characterization that they're in a place where they're worshiped during service is a lie.

PS - it's altar. Though your spelling is ironically appropriate for a church where everyone votes on what the Bible says.

Lol! Nice deflection by someone accusing someone of lying. I didn’t know! It was just what I read! I can’t be bothered to fact check everything when I accuse others of lying!!
Deflection? I'm not even sure I'm wrong. We do know that you're wrong either way, though. Nobody praying at that church is idolizing either person. It's a silly, yet purposeful mischaracterization.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

This is clearly political, so it's time to yank their tax exempt status. Or perhaps Trump should declare the church a national monument.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:Far be it for me to not pile on, but I’ll point out a couple of things:

1) the plaques will be moved to another part of the church
2) the altar is to worship God, not previous members
This is a lie.

1. They will be moved "to a new place." That could be the garbage, but it's not at all clear that they will be publicly displayed at all, let alone in the church.
2. This is a lefty talking point trying to imply that they're part of the altar to be worshiped (the WaPo article repeats it). This is a lie. They are plaques bearing their signatures - marking the pews where they prayed during services. WaPo tries to be too cute by describing this as "either side of the altar" - yes, pews are on either side of the altar. The statement is a lie based on what it purposely omits.

And there is no reason to think they won’t display them elsewhere... just not at the alter.
I took my picture straight from an MSM article on the subject, maybe you should take it up with them. Either way, your characterization that they're in a place where they're worshiped during service is a lie.

Always nice to see purported Americans and their purported values.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

HokieJoe wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:[quote="USN_Hokie]

This is a lie.

Always nice to see purported Americans and their purported values.[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

Does anyone here think that a plaque (or really, any other sumbol) of George Washington is offensive to anyone? And if so, shouldn’t the offended person just leave the country?
I’m sure that there are people that think references to Robert E. Lee are offensive, which I think is moronic, but at least you can understand how some dimwits would be upset. I don’t get that at all with respect to Washington.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

We already knew Tim Kaine was a clown and a terrible father. Now we know he's also a coward. Please vote this loser out the next chance you get!!!!

=======================================

Sen. Kaine Refuses To Comment On Virginia Church’s Decision To Remove Washington Plaque
Kerry Picket
1:26 PM 10/31/2017

WASHINGTON — Virginia Democratic Sen. Tim Kaine ran away from The Daily Caller Tuesday when asked about his thoughts on the decision of a local church in Alexandria to remove plaques honoring President George Washington, a founder and parishioner of the historic church.

Kaine told TheDC he would not answer the question, as he was on his way to deliver a floor speech on war powers. Back in August, Kaine called for all Confederate statues inside the U.S. Capitol to be removed, The Virginian Pilot reported.

“The logic of doing it is, in the federal space, celebrating those who waged a war against the government of our United States in a diverse 21st-century America doesn’t really make sense,” Kaine said at the time.

He added, “I don’t need to make the decision for every city and county, but I think I do have responsibility for grappling with how to commemorate or think about the Confederacy at the national level.”

The Christ Church in Alexandria decided last weekend to remove two plaques that honored Washington and Confederate War General Robert E. Lee, explaining that the decision came after much concern over members who felt unsafe and unwelcome by the presence of the plaques.

“The plaques in our sanctuary make some in our presence feel unsafe or unwelcome. Some visitors and guests who worship with us choose not to return because they receive an unintended message from the prominent presence of the plaques,” church leaders wrote in a letter to members.

The plaques will stay in their current locations until a different location is found for them.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/31/sen-k ... on-plaque/

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

Is there a reason why a Senator should comment on what private churches do?

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:Is there a reason why a Senator should comment on what private churches do?

You don't think a US Senator should have an opinion on whether a founding father is offensive?
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:Is there a reason why a Senator should comment on what private churches do?

You don't think a US Senator should have an opinion on whether a founding father is offensive?
As it pertains to how a Church conducts its business, politicians should generally stay out.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

As it pertains to how a Church conducts its business, politicians should generally stay out.

You're the poster who's ok with the gov't burning 80 some-odd Branch Davidians to death for practicing their religion, right?
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

You're the poster who's ok with the gov't burning 80 some-odd Branch Davidians to death for practicing their religion, right?
LOL

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

LOL

Maybe you should watch a documentary on George Washington.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

LOL

[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: You don't think a US Senator should have an opinion on whether a founding father is offensive?

LOL

[emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

Watch a documentary on the 1A after that since you seem to think it prevents politicians from having opinions on social issues which happen to occur in buildings with steeples.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote: As it pertains to how a Church conducts its business, politicians should generally stay out.

LOL

Watch a documentary on the 1A after that since you seem to think it prevents politicians from having opinions on social issues which happen to occur in buildings with steeples.
Keep digging

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: You're the poster who's ok with the gov't burning 80 some-odd Branch Davidians to death for practicing their religion, right?
LOL

Keep digging

... to find your integrity, buried deep and out of view.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
to find your integrity, buried deep and out of view.
Such a sick burn. How will I ever recover?!?

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Like a dope, like you usually do
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

If your pattern follows, you won't. Seriously. You've gotten progressively worse & worse here.
I disagree with AG. Your main issue is less about integrity than it is about simply being a lazy non-thinker. Now, if he's calling out integrity as it comports with consistency, he has a point. But I see that lack of consistency as being the result of muddled, poor non-thinking. Yours is a six ounce cup, not meant to hold much.

Carry on Dobie.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

RiverguyVT wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

If your pattern follows, you won't. Seriously. You've gotten progressively worse & worse here.
I disagree with AG. Your main issue is less about integrity than it is about simply being a lazy non-thinker. Now, if he's calling out integrity as it comports with consistency, he has a point. But I see that lack of consistency as being the result of muddled, poor non-thinking. Yours is a six ounce cup, not meant to hold much.

Carry on Dobie.
A lot of words without any substantive meaning. [emoji106]

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Carry on Dobie.

Poor little fella can't comprehend again.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Carry on Dobie.

Poor little fella can't comprehend again.
Nolan is like Rain Man....only, imagine Rain Man has a bad memory and isn't good at math.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

nolanvt wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Carry on Dobie.

:lol: He’s got you pegged.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

Oh, I don't know, I think it's a good reminder that plenty of liberals are stupid enough to believe in God too.