George Washington’s Church to Remove His Memorial...

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
WestEndHokie39

Re: George Washington’s Church to Remove His Memorial...

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

nolanvt wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:A quick perusal of their website and twitter feed confirms this church has voted itself into complete left-wing nutjobbery
I’m shocked that an Episcopal Church may not share similar positions and views as Jerry Falwell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, but they could at least study and follow the Bible.
I have a few other works of Fiction on my reading list before I get to the Bible. Now, just to make sure that this doesn’t sound like I’m picking on Christianity, the other religions are bullshit, too. My serious belief is that there probably is a higher power of some sort, but I seriously doubt that Jesus had the magic powers that his followers claimed to have had.

Sorry you feel that way. A couple of interests of mine are apologetics and Biblical archeology. I realize I cannot argue or logic anyone to faith, but I find Chrtianity intellectually satisfying, as well as spiritual.
WestEndHokie39

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:A quick perusal of their website and twitter feed confirms this church has voted itself into complete left-wing nutjobbery
I’m shocked that an Episcopal Church may not share similar positions and views as Jerry Falwell.

I have a few other works of Fiction on my reading list before I get to the Bible. Now, just to make sure that this doesn’t sound like I’m picking on Christianity, the other religions are bullshit, too. My serious belief is that there probably is a higher power of some sort, but I seriously doubt that Jesus had the magic powers that his followers claimed to have had.

You make an excellent argument for the importance of religiosity.
Frankly, I don’t trust people like nolan or ip to stand up for the most basic of our religious rights.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

WestEndHokie39 wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

You make an excellent argument for the importance of religiosity.
Frankly, I don’t trust people like nolan or ip to stand up for the most basic of our religious rights.
I have no problems with you practicing Christianity. Any assertions that I want to restrict religious freedoms are FAKE NEWS.

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Your predictable catholic priest retort aside... if the Bible is a work of fiction, billions use it as their moral compass. I’d rather that particular fiction guide the masses than Mohammad’s kill all westerners/ women have no rights one.. all fictional books being equal of course.
I can practice the good things in the Bible and not also have to be a Christian at the same time.

Where in the Bible does it say to mock it as a work of fiction and equate it to other advertised works of fiction?

We have an entire generation of smug, moral relativist sociopaths - and you're a shining example.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

USN_Hokie wrote:
Where in the Bible does it say to mock it as a work of fiction and equate it to other advertised works of fiction?

We have an entire generation of smug, moral relativist sociopaths - and you're a shining example.
Pssst, I don’t use the Bible as my guide for what to do, what’s right and wrong, etc.

UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Pssst, I don’t use the Bible as my guide for what to do, what’s right and wrong, etc.

Given the fact that it is the guiding document for the philosophy that built Western Civilization, perhaps it would be wise to understand it more than you obviously do. But then again, wisdom is not exactly your forte is it?

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
I have no problems with you practicing Christianity. Any assertions that I want to restrict religious freedoms are FAKE NEWS.

Right, you just use public schools to indoctrinate children contrary to their religious beliefs.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Psst...we know.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Right, you just use public schools to indoctrinate children contrary to their religious beliefs.
His rejection of Christianity explains his embrace of sexually deviant behaviors, and his lack of understanding for why those behaviors are not conducive to a healthy civilized society.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Your predictable catholic priest retort aside... if the Bible is a work of fiction, billions use it as their moral compass. I’d rather that particular fiction guide the masses than Mohammad’s kill all westerners/ women have no rights one.. all fictional books being equal of course.
I can practice the good things in the Bible and not also have to be a Christian at the same time.

I always knew you to be a man is strong principles and conviction! Lol
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Given the fact that it is the guiding document for the philosophy that built Western Civilization, perhaps it would be wise to understand it more than you obviously do. But then again, wisdom is not exactly your forte is it?
Holy logical fallacy Batman

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

How does this one go?

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

His rejection of Christianity explains his embrace of sexually deviant behaviors, and his lack of understanding for why those behaviors are not conducive to a healthy civilized society.
Wha?

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:
nolanvt wrote: I’m shocked that an Episcopal Church may not share similar positions and views as Jerry Falwell.

Whatever that means.

CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

nolanvt wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Wha?

His post was crystal clear to those that can read. sexual deviancy, and it’s long term effects like AIDS, other diseases, criminal activity, the breakdown of family stability, etc. is not “good” long term for “society” in any way.. but you won’t acknowledge this or answer honestly.
HvilleHokie

Post by HvilleHokie »

Far be it for me to not pile on, but I’ll point out a couple of things:

1) the plaques will be moved to another part of the church
2) the altar is to worship God, not previous members
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:In what universe.. even a far left communist one.... in what universe is a statue of George Washington.. “unsafe”??. I am asking a serious question. What person entering that church is in danger of anything with that memorial? Is the memorial going to come to life and be mean to a tranny? Serious question
That was my initial reaction as well-- unsafe?
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote: I can practice the good things in the Bible and not also have to be a Christian at the same time.

Nolan is the type of guy who eats the bacon bits and croutons on his salad, then tells everyone that he had a healthy dinner.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Wha?

His post was crystal clear to those that can read. sexual deviancy, and it’s long term effects like AIDS, other diseases, criminal activity, the breakdown of family stability, etc. is not “good” long term for “society” in any way.. but you won’t acknowledge this or answer honestly.
You’re going to have to help me out. Where have I advocated for the spread of AIDS, breakdown of families, etc? Of course, I haven’t, but your response should be amusing nonetheless.

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

HvilleHokie wrote:Far be it for me to not pile on, but I’ll point out a couple of things:

Thank you. George Washington himself would have likely been uncomfortable with it as well given how humble he was.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

I'm glad this another area that the population disagrees with your SJW morality.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
WestEndHokie39 wrote:
nolanvt wrote: I’m shocked that an Episcopal Church may not share similar positions and views as Jerry Falwell.

Correct
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
HvilleHokie wrote:Far be it for me to not pile on, but I’ll point out a couple of things:

Thank you. George Washington himself would have likely been uncomfortable with it as well given how humble he was.

Quiz: tell us who George Washington was.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

How does this one go?

I suppose you're going to pretend you didn't say that now?

I don't recall a Breaking Bad episode that dealt with honesty and integrity, so I understand how this is a new thing for you.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

How does this one go?

I suppose you're going to pretend you didn't say that now?

I don't recall a Breaking Bad episode that dealt with honesty and integrity, so I understand how this is a new thing for you.
Gonna chalk this one in the USN Making Shirt Up column. [emoji106]