White man kills 3 in Colorado Wal Mart. Twitter/MSM explode

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
CFB Apologist

White man kills 3 in Colorado Wal Mart. Twitter/MSM explode

Post by CFB Apologist »

30 People will be killed with guns on Saturday night in Chicago and Baltimore, at least. There will be no hashtags, no coverage on CNN, no twitter warriors calling the NRA a terrorist organization, nothing, nada, zip. White guy kills 3 - its another "act of terror" "Mass shooting" "when will it stop?" "Trump must go" "The NRA are terrorists".. 30 people killed in ghettos- thats just America, cost of doing business, standard life. Why is that?
cwtcr hokie

Re: White man kills 3 in Colorado Wal Mart. Twitter/MSM expl

Post by cwtcr hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:30 People will be killed with guns on Saturday night in Chicago and Baltimore, at least. There will be no hashtags, no coverage on CNN, no twitter warriors calling the NRA a terrorist organization, nothing, nada, zip. White guy kills 3 - its another "act of terror" "Mass shooting" "when will it stop?" "Trump must go" "The NRA are terrorists".. 30 people killed in ghettos- thats just America, cost of doing business, standard life. Why is that?
Was it a domestic issue or just a random thing?
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

Two reasons. First, black guys killing black guys in random ghetto violence doesn't touch a public nerve. Its a lifestyle that a majority of people don't live and an environment that a majority will never visit. It's "them", not "us". However, a shooting in a public place, somewhere that everyday people visit and can relate to (school, church, Walmart, etc.) suddenly hits home, it is relatable, and people can envision being there. Second, it doesn't fit the media narrative of fear, which they want to use to change gun laws. I'm not afraid of being shot in a drive by or on the streets in a scummy neighborhood because I'm never going to be there. But if the media keeps playing up all of these random public shootings then they can instill fear in average Americans and drive change in the gun laws.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

133743Hokie wrote:Two reasons. First, black guys killing black guys in random ghetto violence doesn't touch a public nerve. Its a lifestyle that a majority of people don't live and an environment that a majority will never visit. It's "them", not "us". However, a shooting in a public place, somewhere that everyday people visit and can relate to (school, church, Walmart, etc.) suddenly hits home, it is relatable, and people can envision being there. Second, it doesn't fit the media narrative of fear, which they want to use to change gun laws. I'm not afraid of being shot in a drive by or on the streets in a scummy neighborhood because I'm never going to be there. But if the media keeps playing up all of these random public shootings then they can instill fear in average Americans and drive change in the gun laws.
I think you hit the nail on the head. I live in MD- 20 miles from downtown Baltimore. I have a far left friend that lives near me. She is white, middle class, school teacher- and your typical hate the NRA, guns are for rednecks, Trump is the devil and MUST be impeached, Vegas is the fault of white american rednecks and Trump- no exaggeration. You bring up record killings 20 miles from her front door- she won't even entertain the conversation. She says "how is that relevant to the NRA arming rednecks?". Maddening to me. Black gang bangers get a free pass. Deranged white guys that kill far less people? not so much
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

What's the saying -- never kidnap or kill a young, white, blonde headed girl. The media will be all over it 24/7.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

This was 20 minutes from my house. It was all over the news last night and our local Ministry of Truth hyping up the fear.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Well it gets Sayfullo Saipov out the news.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.