WTF is wrong with people? San Antonio now...

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: WTF is wrong with people? San Antonio now...

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
I don’t do Twitter - and they don’t show up for me anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Entire incident was ended before police arrived.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... hurch.html
ElbertoHokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Post by ElbertoHokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
BigDave wrote:Has anyone in the media reported how he came to have guns? I'm curious what gun control law would prevent this since it was already illegal for him to own guns.
I've seen reports that he brought it from a sporting goods store? Maybe they missed the fact he is forbidden to own guns as a felon/dishonorably discharged from the Air Force? If so, gun control folks have a point on this one.
Not dishonorably discharged. Bad conduct discharge which does not revoke gun buying rights.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ElbertoHokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
BigDave wrote:Has anyone in the media reported how he came to have guns? I'm curious what gun control law would prevent this since it was already illegal for him to own guns.
I've seen reports that he brought it from a sporting goods store? Maybe they missed the fact he is forbidden to own guns as a felon/dishonorably discharged from the Air Force? If so, gun control folks have a point on this one.
Not dishonorably discharged. Bad conduct discharge which does not revoke gun buying rights.
A domestic violence conviction (even a misdemeanor) revokes all gun ownership rights.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ElbertoHokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
wrong on that one, he was discharged but also spend a year in jail for his beating of his spouse and child, so no legally he could not purchase a firearm of any kind. The issue they said on the MSM this morning is someone in our great gov. bureaucracy may not have sent the paperwork thru or updated the national database so when the guy went to purchase it was not showing in that database. He had applied for a concealed carry permit and been denied for it also.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

The a-hole that shot up the church was in prison for cracking his infant sons skull.... so if the great gov. did the paperwork right he could never have bought a gun from a retailer, he would have had to obtain one illegally from an illegal source. Yep, more gun laws will fix the eff ups
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Some of these people are disgusting wretches:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/11/ ... genda.html

"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
Hokie CPA
Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party

Post by Hokie CPA »

A bad guy with a gun (who was legally disqualified from obtaining a gun, but did so anyway) was stopped by a good guy with a gun. Another example of how gun control should be defined as "using two hands and having a solid stance."
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Hokie CPA wrote:A bad guy with a gun (who was legally disqualified from obtaining a gun, but did so anyway) was stopped by a good guy with a gun. Another example of how gun control should be defined as "using two hands and having a solid stance."
The left is blaming the NRA when it was an NRA member who shot the perp who obtained a gun illegally via a weakness (reporting to NICS) the NRA has worked to try and close.
FireFuente
Alma Mater: VT

Post by FireFuente »

Hokie CPA wrote:A bad guy with a gun (who was legally disqualified from obtaining a gun, but did so anyway) was stopped by a good guy with a gun. Another example of how gun control should be defined as "using two hands and having a solid stance."
You can thank the Air Force for allowing him to purchase the guns...
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/06/us/t ... hurch.html
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

USN_Hokie wrote:
The left is blaming the NRA when it was an NRA member who shot the perp who obtained a gun illegally via a weakness (reporting to NICS) the NRA has worked to try and close.

The left blames ALL shootings, except the thousands each year in black neighborhoods, on the big bad NRA- that does not sell, register, license, or store firearms. The DO lobby congress though, much like planned parenthood, except on a far smaller scale. It's a typical conversation with a liberal- it makes NO sense.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

HokieJoe wrote:Some of these people are disgusting wretches:

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/11/ ... genda.html

That tweet is awesome
BigDave
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

CFB Apologist wrote:The left blames ALL shootings, except the thousands each year in black neighborhoods, on the big bad NRA- that does not sell, register, license, or store firearms. The DO lobby congress though, much like planned parenthood, except on a far smaller scale. It's a typical conversation with a liberal- it makes NO sense.
Umm ... that's a bad comparison. Planned Parenthood DOES actively engage in aborting babies and receives a ton of federal funding - the NRA does not actively engage in shooting people and I doubt they receive much, if any, federal funding (I won't say "definitely zero" because there's probably some small office somewhere that pays the NRA to teach a gun safety course for them).
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk