United We Stand - uwsboard.com

Virginia Tech fans discussing politics, religion, and football
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:03 am

Time zone: America/New_York

UWS DWF UWS Lunch UWS Sports UWS Help TSL Football TSL Lounge TSL MBB Acronyms Top 25 Topics

Forum rules

Please be civil.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:25 pm 

Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....
These dumbasses are going to mess up tax cuts........and they will lose the Senate and House if they don’t get it done.

I’m making this prediction now.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:31 pm 

Party: After 10
They deserve to lose if they can't perform. Hopefully through primaries, but general election is fine too.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:33 pm 

HokieHam wrote:
These dumbasses are going to mess up tax cuts........and they will lose the Senate and House if they don’t get it done.

I’m making this prediction now.

Broadening the base is applaudable. But when you pick winners and losers and do it in a piecemeal fashion, it’s not going to work.

I️ agree - if they don’t have the commitment to make unpopular choices across the board, they should have just knocked down the rates and called it a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"We're not going to own it. I'm not going to own it. I can tell you the Republicans are not going to own it." - DT(2017)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:48 pm 

Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican
I don't see much in the way of a tax cut in the senate plan. There's a slight reduction in the top rate and a slight reduction in the bottom rate.

That's like someone who is morbidly obese saying I'm going to eat five and a half pieces of candy per night instead of six - it's really not much of a cut.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:33 pm 

Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....
BigDave wrote:
I don't see much in the way of a tax cut in the senate plan. There's a slight reduction in the top rate and a slight reduction in the bottom rate.

That's like someone who is morbidly obese saying I'm going to eat five and a half pieces of candy per night instead of six - it's really not much of a cut.

Nope. And why delay the business tax cuts. They are morons.....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:12 pm 

Party: Draintheswamp
It's so simple if they would do their jobs. The swamp is more beholden to the lobbyists than their electorate.

But, so long as the swamp goes to church every week and wears lapel pins the Washington Post won't write OpEds about - everyone is apparently fine with screwing our children and grandchildren.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:38 pm 

USN_Hokie wrote:
It's so simple if they would do their jobs. The swamp is more beholden to the lobbyists than their electorate.

But, so long as the swamp goes to church every week and wears lapel pins the Washington Post won't write OpEds about - everyone is apparently fine with screwing our children and grandchildren.

Can I️ put you down as against both the House and Senate plans?

"We're not going to own it. I'm not going to own it. I can tell you the Republicans are not going to own it." - DT(2017)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:39 pm 

Party: Draintheswamp
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Has the CBO scored them yet?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:44 pm 

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Has the CBO scored them yet?

I️ think they scored the House, but it may have been the TPC. Whoever did it came to 1.7T. Not sure.

Time zone: America/New_York