Anybody ever tried a High Deductible Health Plan?

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Re: Anybody ever tried a High Deductible Health Plan?

Post by ip_law-hokie »

ElbertoHokie wrote:Company I just signed on to work with contributes $1000 to HSA. I've still got $900 in an HSA account from my abortion of a job in Florida. Love an HSA account.
yes - I have to give my employer credit. I've learned from Big Dave that they could have easily tried to save a few pennies and put the money in a flex spend account that they retain after I leave.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:Not exactly sure how it works, but I'm in for 2018.
How high is the deductible?

Why are you in? Insurance rates that were supposed to go down because your boy said so not happening?

Deductible is $2500. As I understand it, firm is putting up $1500 and I'm paying $282 per month. $5000 out of pocket maximum. As I understand it, everything is covered from 0-$1500 and 5000+, but I'm not really sure.

If I don't go to the doctor, I come out ahead.

I wasn't going to bring up the failure of Trump and Congressional Republicans to do anything to fix our healthcare system.
If your firm put up $1500 in an HSA or something for you to use against deductible then what you say makes sense. First $1500 is covered by their contribution, then you have responsibility up to your deductible. Then is it copays?
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:

Why are you in? Insurance rates that were supposed to go down because your boy said so not happening?

Deductible is $2500. As I understand it, firm is putting up $1500 and I'm paying $282 per month. $5000 out of pocket maximum. As I understand it, everything is covered from 0-$1500 and 5000+, but I'm not really sure.

I wasn't going to bring up the failure of Trump and Congressional Republicans to do anything to fix our healthcare system.
If your firm put up $1500 in an HSA or something for you to use against deductible then what you say makes sense. First $1500 is covered by their contribution, then you have responsibility up to your deductible. Then is it copays?
I think everything is “free” after that, but there may be copays. Don’t remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:

I think everything is “free” after that, but there may be copays. Don’t remember.

Most HMOs have you pay out of pocket up to your deductible, then you have co-pays (20/80 or whatever your plan says) where you continue to pay a portion up to your maximum out of pocket limit.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:

Most HMOs have you pay out of pocket up to your deductible, then you have co-pays (20/80 or whatever your plan says) where you continue to pay a portion up to your maximum out of pocket limit.
That sounds right.