Cop slain just outside of Pittsburgh

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Attila T Hun

Re: Cop slain just outside of Pittsburgh

Post by Attila T Hun »

one murdered police officer or "pig" as you prefer to call them, is too many.....ASSHOLE!
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Indeed. It was a record year, per cwtcr. That would mean most ever.
Since you guys want to nit pick even though you know exactly what he was saying, I'll point out that records are kept over more periods than all time, and there are multiple ways to compile the stats. For example, 2016 may have been a record year for police killed in ambushes:

Also, 2016 was the largest recorded increase in police murders on record (from the same link you got your graphic from) :
The surge in officers killed by gunfire this year is the largest on record, up 56 percent over last year
Not pick is an interesting word, considering that it came from a Mariam Webster partisan, but not a partisan mind you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1. It's cute that the board's resident lawyer doesn't think the definition of words is important.

2.I noticed you didn't address the rest of my points. I'm sure that DC and Nolan won't either as it makes them look silly.
So I go from nit picking to being cute for thinking that the definition of words don’t matter? And you wonder why I’m not going to spend the time to engage you?

Because you typically look stupid in your shallow attacks?
Good to hear what Cap’n’s cheerleader has to say. Have you two ever disagreed on anything, ever?

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: Since you guys want to nit pick even though you know exactly what he was saying, I'll point out that records are kept over more periods than all time, and there are multiple ways to compile the stats. For example, 2016 may have been a record year for police killed in ambushes:

Also, 2016 was the largest recorded increase in police murders on record (from the same link you got your graphic from) :
Not pick is an interesting word, considering that it came from a Mariam Webster partisan, but not a partisan mind you.

1. It's cute that the board's resident lawyer doesn't think the definition of words is important.

2.I noticed you didn't address the rest of my points. I'm sure that DC and Nolan won't either as it makes them look silly.
So I go from nit picking to being cute for thinking that the definition of words don’t matter? And you wonder why I’m not going to spend the time to engage you?

Good to hear what Cap’n’s cheerleader has to say. Have you two ever disagreed on anything, ever?

Yeah, whether you're an asshole or just shallow so appear that way. It's a sore spot.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote: Not pick is an interesting word, considering that it came from a Mariam Webster partisan, but not a partisan mind you.

Yeah, whether you're an asshole or just shallow so appear that way. It's a sore spot.
God bless.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:Uncle Fester, and hokie DC

When cop deaths are sometimes reported on the MSM they use the phrase record year, most ever, no, not in recorded history. Very sharp increases... yep

in fact two border patrol cops were found at the bottom of a ravine after responding to a sensor this weekend that was signalling humans in the area. One died of his injuries the other is critical, per some dumbass on the tv this morning they were not attacked while doing their job, they may have just fallen off the edge of the cliff

So add another one to the execution stat

and both of you can stick it where the sun don't shine, cops are being murdered and attacked left and right and as I think you two idiots are normal law abiding folks like the rest of us that should be very very concerning to you. I can handle taking care of myself and my family, you two would be a statistic within seconds when the criminals take over
No one is denying that police officers are being killed. Just because police officers are being killed doesn't mean it is a record. Not everything happens at the extremes, which seems like a common theme for your posts.

I also gave you a chance to clarify what record and you didn't. Clearly a sign that you didn't know, or just assumed that it was total number of killings. I assumed the purpose of posting on a board is to vent, share opinions, provide information, and hopefully learn something. DC provided some good information that should have educated you. A thank you would be a better response than stick it where the sun don't shine. It's okay to be wrong, blame it on the media, and move on.
no as usual both Fester and DC were being buttheads, but thanks for the not needed advice dad
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

When cop deaths are sometimes reported on the MSM they use the phrase record year, most ever, no, not in recorded history. Very sharp increases... yep

in fact two border patrol cops were found at the bottom of a ravine after responding to a sensor this weekend that was signalling humans in the area. One died of his injuries the other is critical, per some dumbass on the tv this morning they were not attacked while doing their job, they may have just fallen off the edge of the cliff

and both of you can stick it where the sun don't shine, cops are being murdered and attacked left and right and as I think you two idiots are normal law abiding folks like the rest of us that should be very very concerning to you. I can handle taking care of myself and my family, you two would be a statistic within seconds when the criminals take over
No one is denying that police officers are being killed. Just because police officers are being killed doesn't mean it is a record. Not everything happens at the extremes, which seems like a common theme for your posts.

I also gave you a chance to clarify what record and you didn't. Clearly a sign that you didn't know, or just assumed that it was total number of killings. I assumed the purpose of posting on a board is to vent, share opinions, provide information, and hopefully learn something. DC provided some good information that should have educated you. A thank you would be a better response than stick it where the sun don't shine. It's okay to be wrong, blame it on the media, and move on.
no as usual both Fester and DC were being buttheads, but thanks for the not needed advice dad
A butthead is someone who points out the nonsense that you post? Seriously, you posted a complete fabrication, you should look inward to discover the genesis of the problem. I wouldn't have pointed it out if you didn't spend a lot of time calling people slow, Yertle.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

A butthead is someone who points out the nonsense that you post? Seriously, you posted a complete fabrication, you should look inward to discover the genesis of the problem. I wouldn't have pointed it out if you didn't spend a lot of time calling people slow, Yertle.
you got me way beat on the posting of nonsense, carry on Erkle
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

Things aren't true just because "you" believe them to be true. Rather than trying to educate yourself when asked which record, you doubled down, and chose not to find out the facts. There is a lot of information readily available, so it can get tiring when people make the same arguments that aren't true. Facts do exist, we should try and find them out.

I'd still make that bet if you're interested. We could always have a rough couple months. Toys for Tots?
People who know, know.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

Things aren't true just because "you" believe them to be true. Rather than trying to educate yourself when asked which record, you doubled down, and chose not to find out the facts. There is a lot of information readily available, so it can get tiring when people make the same arguments that aren't true. Facts do exist, we should try and find them out.

I'd still make that bet if you're interested. We could always have a rough couple months. Toys for Tots?
no thanks, have a business to support and I know your word is worthless
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

no thanks, have a business to support and I know your word is worthless
At first I thought your business was your excuse for not being educated on the subject.

I have a family to support, but I guess it doesn't matter since I won't lose. For what it's worth I'm good for it. I'm confident you would be too. Even if no money was raised for a good cause, at least you no longer believe the number of police officers being killed is unprecedented, or a "record" even. For that, I'm thankful.
People who know, know.
HvilleHokie

Post by HvilleHokie »

a wiseman once said "everyone is entitled to their own opinions. everyone is not entitled to their own facts"

this is a hard concept to grasp, but I hope cwctr comes to terms with it along with his buddies usn and awesome guy.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HvilleHokie wrote:a wiseman once said "everyone is entitled to their own opinions. everyone is not entitled to their own facts"

this is a hard concept to grasp, but I hope cwctr comes to terms with it along with his buddies usn and awesome guy.
[emoji375][emoji375]

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HvilleHokie wrote:a wiseman once said "everyone is entitled to their own opinions. everyone is not entitled to their own facts"

another useless post, congrats
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

The church took a vote and we're ok.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.