Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
cwtcr hokie

Re: Cop slain just outside of Pittsburgh

Post by cwtcr hokie »

nolanvt wrote:Damn. :(

http://triblive.com/local/valleynewsdis ... kensington

so what, just another one this year in a record year. You better to learn to shoot well, as more and more people are not willing to be cops. Being nice to a criminal will not get you far, shooting them will save your life
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:

so what, just another one this year in a record year. You better to learn to shoot well, as more and more people are not willing to be cops. Being nice to a criminal will not get you far, shooting them will save your life
Record year, really? What record?
People who know, know.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

a record this year for the number of executed cops
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Is this based on a clip you caught before the cranberry delight piece on GMA or a foxnews report that you watched on mute from the elliptical machine at the gym?

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Most ever? Wanna bet? If it is the most officers killed on record I'll make a donation to a charity and vice versa? We can make sure it is charities that the other would support like Toys for Tots. Or maybe Wikipedia would be fitting.
People who know, know.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Most ever? Wanna bet? If it is the most officers killed on record I'll make a donation to a charity and vice versa? We can make sure it is charities that the other would support like Toys for Tots. Or maybe Wikipedia would be fitting.
41 cops killed by gunfire so far this year. That's historically very low. 2016 had 60+ which is high compared to the last few years, but still historically low. The record, as far as the data I can find, is somewhere around 150. For the slow, 150>41.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... 3928e2998e
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

HokieFanDC wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

41 cops killed by gunfire so far this year. That's historically very low. 2016 had 60+ which is high compared to the last few years, but still historically low. The record, as far as the data I can find, is somewhere around 150. For the slow, 150>41.

You just stole money from Toys for Tots. Not sure how you'll sleep at night. I hope you drop off a toy in a box this season to make up for it. Or, make a monetary donation and get a tax deduction.
People who know, know.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

H2 thinks he's being cute, but 2016 was undeniably a sharp increase (56% for shooting homicides alone) in violence against police.

Stats on this are very misleading as well - your chart lumps other homicides against cops with car crashes, for example. Also, the introduction of body armor (along with the increase in weaponry carried by cops and technology) has had a huge effect on mortality rates. You can't really compare
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

so what, just another one this year in a record year. You better to learn to shoot well, as more and more people are not willing to be cops. Being nice to a criminal will not get you far, shooting them will save your life[/quote]
Record year, really? What record?[/quote]

a record this year for the number of executed cops[/quote]

Most ever? Wanna bet? If it is the most officers killed on record I'll make a donation to a charity and vice versa? We can make sure it is charities that the other would support like Toys for Tots. Or maybe Wikipedia would be fitting.[/quote]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... 3928e2998e[/quote]

H2 thinks he's being cute, but 2016 was undeniably a sharp increase (56% for shooting homicides alone) in violence against police.

Stats on this are very misleading as well - your chart lumps other homicides against cops with car crashes, for example. Also, the introduction of body armor (along with the increase in weaponry carried by cops and technology) has had a huge effect on mortality rates. You can't really compare[/quote]

Indeed. It was a record year, per cwtcr. That would mean most ever.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
Since you guys want to nit pick even though you know exactly what he was saying, I'll point out that records are kept over more periods than all time, and there are multiple ways to compile the stats. For example, 2016 may have been a record year for police killed in ambushes:

Also, 2016 was the largest recorded increase in police murders on record (from the same link you got your graphic from) :
The surge in officers killed by gunfire this year is the largest on record, up 56 percent over last year
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Stats on this are very misleading as well - your chart lumps other homicides against cops with car crashes, for example. Also, the introduction of body armor (along with the increase in weaponry carried by cops and technology) has had a huge effect on mortality rates. You can't really compare
H2 is responding to cwtr's dumbarse claim that this was a record year. It isn't even remotely close. cwtr was "being cute", and wrong, again.

The stats aren't misleading. The chart has a graph that is cops murdered by guns only, and those are the stats I put in my post.
There is no other way you can categorize cwtr's claim that this year (2017) is a record for cops killed as anything but completely fabricated BS. It's idiotic, zero info, lazy ass idiocy.
And you can talk about if YOU want to, but the 64 cops killed in 2016 is not historically high. The increase is large because 2015 was one of the lowest on record.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
Since you guys want to nit pick even though you know exactly what he was saying, I'll point out that records are kept over more periods than all time, and there are multiple ways to compile the stats. For example, 2016 may have been a record year for police killed in ambushes:

Also, 2016 was the largest recorded increase in police murders on record (from the same link you got your graphic from) :
The surge in officers killed by gunfire this year is the largest on record, up 56 percent over last year
Not pick is an interesting word, considering that it came from a Mariam Webster partisan, but not a partisan mind you.

nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote: Record year, really? What record?

H2 is responding to cwtr's dumbarse claim that this was a record year. It isn't even remotely close. cwtr was "being cute", and wrong, again.

The stats aren't misleading. The chart has a graph that is cops murdered by guns only, and those are the stats I put in my post.
There is no other way you can categorize cwtr's claim that this year (2017) is a record for cops killed as anything but completely fabricated BS. It's idiotic, zero info, lazy ass idiocy.
And you can talk about if YOU want to, but the 64 cops killed in 2016 is not historically high. The increase is large because 2015 was one of the lowest on record.
Cap’n Bullshit is not an intellectually honest poster. Of course he knew that sharp increase line was bullshit.

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Not pick is an interesting word, considering that it came from a Mariam Webster partisan, but not a partisan mind you.

It's "Nit pick", not "Not pick".
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

It's "Nit pick", not "Not pick".
Indeed. And it’s “Mariam Webster partisan”, not “partisan”

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote: a record this year for the number of executed cops

Cap’n Bullshit is not an intellectually honest poster. Of course he knew that sharp increase line was bullshit.

So says Cap'n Dipshit
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

1. It's cute that the board's resident lawyer doesn't think the definition of words is important.

2.I noticed you didn't address the rest of my points. I'm sure that DC and Nolan won't either as it makes them look silly.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
TheH2 wrote: Record year, really? What record?

So looking at the stats provided, and going by your comment that 2015 was one of the lowest on record, is the surge upward just a blip or is it being driven by police hate groups like BLM?
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Did Obama pal Bill Ayers kill any cops in 2017?
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Uncle Fester, and hokie DC

When cop deaths are sometimes reported on the MSM they use the phrase record year, most ever, no, not in recorded history. Very sharp increases... yep

in fact two border patrol cops were found at the bottom of a ravine after responding to a sensor this weekend that was signalling humans in the area. One died of his injuries the other is critical, per some dumbass on the tv this morning they were not attacked while doing their job, they may have just fallen off the edge of the cliff

So add another one to the execution stat

and both of you can stick it where the sun don't shine, cops are being murdered and attacked left and right and as I think you two idiots are normal law abiding folks like the rest of us that should be very very concerning to you. I can handle taking care of myself and my family, you two would be a statistic within seconds when the criminals take over
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

1. It's cute that the board's resident lawyer doesn't think the definition of words is important.

2.I noticed you didn't address the rest of my points. I'm sure that DC and Nolan won't either as it makes them look silly.
So I go from nit picking to being cute for thinking that the definition of words don’t matter? And you wonder why I’m not going to spend the time to engage you?

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

So I go from nit picking to being cute for thinking that the definition of words don’t matter? And you wonder why I’m not going to spend the time to engage you?

Because you typically look stupid in your shallow attacks?
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:Uncle Fester, and hokie DC

When cop deaths are sometimes reported on the MSM they use the phrase record year, most ever, no, not in recorded history. Very sharp increases... yep

in fact two border patrol cops were found at the bottom of a ravine after responding to a sensor this weekend that was signalling humans in the area. One died of his injuries the other is critical, per some dumbass on the tv this morning they were not attacked while doing their job, they may have just fallen off the edge of the cliff

and both of you can stick it where the sun don't shine, cops are being murdered and attacked left and right and as I think you two idiots are normal law abiding folks like the rest of us that should be very very concerning to you. I can handle taking care of myself and my family, you two would be a statistic within seconds when the criminals take over
So was it a record year or not?

TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:Uncle Fester, and hokie DC

No one is denying that police officers are being killed. Just because police officers are being killed doesn't mean it is a record. Not everything happens at the extremes, which seems like a common theme for your posts.

I also gave you a chance to clarify what record and you didn't. Clearly a sign that you didn't know, or just assumed that it was total number of killings. I assumed the purpose of posting on a board is to vent, share opinions, provide information, and hopefully learn something. DC provided some good information that should have educated you. A thank you would be a better response than stick it where the sun don't shine. It's okay to be wrong, blame it on the media, and move on.
People who know, know.