LaVar Ball so filled w/ hate he cant even thank Trump....

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
UpstateSCHokie

LaVar Ball so filled w/ hate he cant even thank Trump....

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

...for getting his son released from China. Wow, what kind of "man" is this??? You are so filled with hate you can't even acknowledge that Trump had a role in getting your own son released? He'd probably be one the one's screaming the loudest and blaming Trump if his son were still sitting in a prison cell in China. What an ungrateful POS this guy is.

Obviously I don't like Obama, but if he got one of my children released from a prison in a foreign country, I'm pretty sure I'd be grateful and thank him for helping.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... ease-china

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Re: LaVar Ball so filled w/ hate he cant even thank Trump...

Post by nolanvt »

That's funny. They should have Lavar Ball vs. the WWE Hall of Famer (who happens to be our President) at Wrestlemania next year.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

nolanvt wrote:That's funny. They should have Lavar Ball vs. the WWE Hall of Famer (who happens to be our President) at Wrestlemania next year.
Lavar Ball seems like a total bunghole. He can't keep his mouth shut.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

HokieFanDC wrote:
nolanvt wrote:That's funny. They should have Lavar Ball vs. the WWE Hall of Famer (who happens to be our President) at Wrestlemania next year.
His loud mouth probably got his first son drafted second overall ($$$). I don't quite want to go the bust route just yet, but Lonzo had issues with his shooting mechanics that were apparent in college. You can't be a Laker PG scoring under 10 pts a game, so he needs to clean his act up quickly. If I was UCLA, I would cut ties with the Ball family because the other two brothers are nothing to write home about.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

nolanvt wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
His loud mouth probably got his first son drafted second overall ($$$). I don't quite want to go the bust route just yet, but Lonzo had issues with his shooting mechanics that were apparent in college. You can't be a Laker PG scoring under 10 pts a game, so he needs to clean his act up quickly. If I was UCLA, I would cut ties with the Ball family because the other two brothers are nothing to write home about.
I went to the Lakers/6ers game Wednesday night. He looked lost and overmatched. And his shot is awful. Even in negotiations he barely made any. And he got a lot of grief from the crowd. His dad's mouth isn't helping.
miles

Post by miles »

BSM....
(Black Shoplifters Matter)
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

Lavar ball is using his sons to promote himself.

His fifteen minutes is gotten because of his kids. He hopes his fortune will be as well.

I am not hoping that his kid on the lakers fails, i don't care one way or the other, but it is lavar ball that lavar ball cares about. And i hope his shoe deals crash and burn.

He is nothing more than the new version of don king. He of the electric hair, promoting primarily himself as he pretends to promote boxers.

He is garbage.

UpstateSCHokie wrote:...for getting his son released from China. Wow, what kind of "man" is this??? You are so filled with hate you can't even acknowledge that Trump had a role in getting your own son released? He'd probably be one the one's screaming the loudest and blaming Trump if his son were still sitting in a prison cell in China. What an ungrateful POS this guy is.

Obviously I don't like Obama, but if he got one of my children released from a prison in a foreign country, I'm pretty sure I'd be grateful and thank him for helping.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... ease-china
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

I think we can say that Lavar Ball is so filled with stupid and leave it at that.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

nolanvt wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
You are describing the modern NBA- not Lonzo Ball. The NBA draft now is no different than AA Baseball. Take a 19 year old kid from Kentucky or overseas that averaged 8ppg in college and hope he is good in 5 years. Lose 65 games like the sixers with 6 lottery picks on the roster and call it "the process". Lonzo Ball is like an other rookie not name LeBron or Kobe.. he sucks- most of them do, until they actually learn how to play the game- shock. The fact that they charge so much for tickets to see this AA garbage is what is amazing to me. The knicks took a kid 4th overall that nobody had ever heard of- FOURTH..not 40th overall. I won't pay a dime to see an NBA game.
miles

Post by miles »

Well, this is my personal and biased opinion. I've lost my taste for the NBA.
I used to love the Spurs. Going back to the Admiral (whom I saw put up 50 in Charlotte in his last NCAA game), Duncan, Ginobli,
Parker, and many others (Leonard), all coached by Popovich to play as a team, not a bunch of individuals. I liked the Warriors for the same things, and in particular for Stephan Curry. I like the Curry family, Mom and Dad. I did not particularly care for Draymond Green whom I consider a complete knucklehead who can't control himself. He cost them a championship with his lack of self control. I've never liked Lebron James or Cleveland, "Melo", and many of the other highly compensated undereducated and over indulged NBA players. But I loved to watch the Spurs and the Warriors. Since Steph Curry, Steve Kerr, Popovich, et al decided to spout politics and their disrespect for the POTUS, I've lost my taste for them and the NBA.
Sayonara.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

miles wrote:Well, this is my personal and biased opinion. I've lost my taste for the NBA.
I used to love the Spurs. Going back to the Admiral (whom I saw put up 50 in Charlotte in his last NCAA game), Duncan, Ginobli,
Parker, and many others (Leonard), all coached by Popovich to play as a team, not a bunch of individuals. I liked the Warriors for the same things, and in particular for Stephan Curry. I like the Curry family, Mom and Dad. I did not particularly care for Draymond Green whom I consider a complete knucklehead who can't control himself. He cost them a championship with his lack of self control. I've never liked Lebron James or Cleveland, "Melo", and many of the other highly compensated undereducated and over indulged NBA players. But I loved to watch the Spurs and the Warriors. Since Steph Curry, Steve Kerr, Popovich, et al decided to spout politics and their disrespect for the POTUS, I've lost my taste for them and the NBA.
Sayonara.
One can be uneducated and smart and someone can be educated and stupid (presumably most people here graduated from VT?). So Lebron may be "uneducated" but he is certainly not dumb, which your post seems to imply. For example, after his first three years in the league he (and his team - not pricey agent) was able to figure out the rookie contracts and filed paper work that maxed his salary, and Melo (and the other big name rookie from his year).

He also seems to be a class act, unlike the guy who he is compared to constantly.
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/10/lebron- ... r-room-mad

Regardless, he's brilliant on the basketball court. I wasn't a "Lebron" guy, "The Decision", was stupid, but the guy is the easily the best player of his generation. If you want to see something special, watch him score 30 some straight points in an overtime win against the Pistons in the playoffs from his first stint in Cleveland, or watch the first NBA Finals against the Warriors. The Cavs took 2 games off that team solely because of Lebron.
People who know, know.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

TheH2 wrote:
miles wrote:Well, this is my personal and biased opinion. I've lost my taste for the NBA.
Sayonara.
One can be uneducated and smart and someone can be educated and stupid (presumably most people here graduated from VT?). So Lebron may be "uneducated" but he is certainly not dumb, which your post seems to imply. For example, after his first three years in the league he (and his team - not pricey agent) was able to figure out the rookie contracts and filed paper work that maxed his salary, and Melo (and the other big name rookie from his year).

He also seems to be a class act, unlike the guy who he is compared to constantly.

Regardless, he's brilliant on the basketball court. I wasn't a "Lebron" guy, "The Decision", was stupid, but the guy is the easily the best player of his generation. If you want to see something special, watch him score 30 some straight points in an overtime win against the Pistons in the playoffs from his first stint in Cleveland, or watch the first NBA Finals against the Warriors. The Cavs took 2 games off that team solely because of Lebron.
I don’t get the LeBron hate. Greatest and hardest working player of his generation, overcame obstacles of his upbringing, has a great business sense, etc. That’s a model of success IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

nolanvt wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
Sayonara.

I don’t get the LeBron hate. Greatest and hardest working player of his generation, overcame obstacles of his upbringing, has a great business sense, etc. That’s a model of success IMO.

There are probably lots of different reasons, but you have to realize that any super successful athlete is going to have haters just b/c they make a boatload of money playing a sport. LeBron. Brady. Every great NY Yankee ever (well-deserved of course, they're all a-holes!).

For LeBron, he was also "anointed" before he ever stepped on an NBA court, so that's going to invite scrutiny. As a big MJ fan growing up, I always have some dislike for someone who might take his place as GOAT.

And of course, The Decision gave everyone a lot of fodder to say what a jerk he is. And he's a big baby on the court.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

nolanvt wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
Sayonara.

"The Decision" was the most narcissistic thing in the history of sports. Most insiders will tell you he is not a "good guy" at all. Refused to meet with Pat Riley - a hall of famer and one of the top 5 coaches of all time- because he wasn't "the owner". Can only win or play with other all stars- whines when he does not have enough of them on his team. Will lose more finals than he has won when he is done playing. And magically his "business sense" would disappear if he scored 4 points a game. He is a not a great "business man", he is a great basketball player and they tend to get huge marketing deals. When Tiger declined, Nike Golf went out of business. Funny how that works?
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
Sayonara.

"The Decision" was the most narcissistic thing in the history of sports. Most insiders will tell you he is not a "good guy" at all. Refused to meet with Pat Riley - a hall of famer and one of the top 5 coaches of all time- because he wasn't "the owner". Can only win or play with other all stars- whines when he does not have enough of them on his team. Will lose more finals than he has won when he is done playing. And magically his "business sense" would disappear if he scored 4 points a game. He is a not a great "business man", he is a great basketball player and they tend to get huge marketing deals. When Tiger declined, Nike Golf went out of business. Funny how that works?
The decision was stupid, but it did raise money for charity.
I'm not sure about the "insiders" you talk to. I do think the amount of say he has on team structure is ridiculous, from coaches to players. If I were the GM I'd be pissed. He does a lot off the court, maybe he's a dick, but it's great that he gives back. The locker room story is a behind the scenes thing that seems to contradict that.

It's impressive that he made it to so many finals with the teams he had. The Mavs loss is a blemish, but outside of that, there isn't another finals his team should have won. Winning 2 games off the Warriors a few years ago was amazing. The team didn't score if he didn't touch the ball.
People who know, know.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
This all probably mostly true but solely for his performance in Train Wreck, I tend to think Lebron is awesome. Seriously, hilarious role he was able to pull off.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

BG Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
This all probably mostly true but solely for his performance in Train Wreck, I tend to think Lebron is awesome. Seriously, hilarious role he was able to pull off.
He wasn't acting when he wouldn't pick up the dinner tab though I'm guessing.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Typical ungrateful asshole.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

HokieFanDC wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
Sayonara.

There are probably lots of different reasons, but you have to realize that any super successful athlete is going to have haters just b/c they make a boatload of money playing a sport. LeBron. Brady. Every great NY Yankee ever (well-deserved of course, they're all a-holes!).

For LeBron, he was also "anointed" before he ever stepped on an NBA court, so that's going to invite scrutiny. As a big MJ fan growing up, I always have some dislike for someone who might take his place as GOAT.

And of course, The Decision gave everyone a lot of fodder to say what a jerk he is. And he's a big baby on the court.

Ain't gonna happen.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
Sayonara.

If the worst thing LeBron ever does is raise money for charity, he’ll do alright.

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

Lavar Ball on CNN doing Lavar Ball things. Can’t for him v. Trump at Wrestlemania.

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

nolanvt wrote:Lavar Ball on CNN doing Lavar Ball things. Can’t for him v. Trump at Wrestlemania.

:?:
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:
nolanvt wrote:Lavar Ball on CNN doing Lavar Ball things. Can’t for him v. Trump at Wrestlemania.

Assume he's talking about this :

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/11/20/166 ... get-hereaq
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

USN_Hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

Assume he's talking about this :

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/11/20/166 ... get-hereaq
I'm aware of the Ball incident. Just wondering about Nolan's self-giggle re: Wrestlemania.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
Sayonara.

If the worst thing LeBron ever does is raise money for charity, he’ll do alright.

LMAO......if "the Decision" was about "charity" and not LeBron's (excuse me, The Kings) uncontrollable ego, then why was it televised on ESPN? I don't expect and honest or remotely correct answer from you.