Folks in Knoxville are going crazy right now...

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Folks in Knoxville are going crazy right now...

Post by Major Kong »

A USA Today reporter, citing nobody official, reported the hiring of Greg Schiano by UT, the ex Rutgers & Tampa Bay HC, the problem is he has been linked to the Sandusky scandal at State Penn. Schiano was an assistant there at the time. It came out over the summer that he had witnessed Sandusky raping a child in the shower in 1990 but didn't come forward. Schiano denies the allegation. Schiano has been the Defensive Coordinator at Ohio State since last year.

Since the story came out the avalanche started. ESPN, Fox Sports, CBS Sports, NBC Sports, local news stations and a grit that lives in Newport all reported the news. Tweets are coming out citing "Sources" that the deals is off. The TN State legislature, Gubner and local businesses have weighed in.

Folks in Knoxville are going berserk right now. People are marching in the street. Vol fans already want to fire Schiano, the AD and the University President. They don't want anything to do with Schiano and I don't really blame them...this has been poorly handled by UT and I love it. :mrgreen:

UT Fans really want John Gruden, and that ain't happening. I have good sources though the Carson-Newman HC will take the job. :mrgreen:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Folks in Knoxville are going crazy right now...

Post by awesome guy »

Good for them.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Major Kong wrote:A USA Today reporter, citing nobody official, reported the hiring of Greg Schiano by UT, the ex Rutgers & Tampa Bay HC, the problem is he has been linked to the Sandusky scandal at State Penn. Schiano was an assistant there at the time. It came out over the summer that he had witnessed Sandusky raping a child in the shower in 1990 but didn't come forward. Schiano denies the allegation. Schiano has been the Defensive Coordinator at Ohio State since last year.

Since the story came out the avalanche started. ESPN, Fox Sports, CBS Sports, NBC Sports, local news stations and a grit that lives in Newport all reported the news. Tweets are coming out citing "Sources" that the deals is off. The TN State legislature, Gubner and local businesses have weighed in.

Folks in Knoxville are going berserk right now. People are marching in the street. Vol fans already want to fire Schiano, the AD and the University President. They don't want anything to do with Schiano and I don't really blame them...this has been poorly handled by UT and I love it. :mrgreen:

UT Fans really want John Gruden, and that ain't happening. I have good sources though the Carson-Newman HC will take the job. :mrgreen:
...and you may have wondered if the weekend could possibly get any better following our Friday win!
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
Vienna_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: libertarian

Post by Vienna_Hokie »

Schiano is a crappy head coach, seems to be a good DC, but this is BS. A completely unproven allegation that was third hand and was not even taken seriously enough to show up in any of the Pedo State investigations and documents used to prevent a guy from being hired because the mob doesn't like him as a football coach.

This crap has gotten way out of hand. It's fine to scream and yell about him being a crappy coach and get the AD fired for even considering him, but this is so wrong and reeks of Stalinist tactics.
Looks like the only thing 1984 got wrong was the date.
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

RiverguyVT wrote:...and you may have wondered if the weekend could possibly get any better following our Friday win!
What would be really great would be for UT to hire Bronco and the Hoos scrambling to get a new coach and hiring Schiano. :mrgreen:

nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

Schiano is a garbage human being, but not necessarily because of what may have happened at PSU. John Currie butchered this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Vienna_Hokie wrote:Schiano is a crappy head coach, seems to be a good DC, but this is BS. A completely unproven allegation that was third hand and was not even taken seriously enough to show up in any of the Pedo State investigations and documents used to prevent a guy from being hired because the mob doesn't like him as a football coach.

This crap has gotten way out of hand. It's fine to scream and yell about him being a crappy coach and get the AD fired for even considering him, but this is so wrong and reeks of Stalinist tactics.
Yup
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

nolanvt wrote:Schiano is a garbage human being, but not necessarily because of what may have happened at PSU. John Currie butchered this.

why is he a "garbage human being" please explain
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:Schiano is a garbage human being, but not necessarily because of what may have happened at PSU. John Currie butchered this.

paging Nolan, so ya got nothing but throwing out that garbage line in your post? Baseless accusations are yo thang huh?
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

Mike Gundy is now the focus.

HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Major Kong wrote:Mike Gundy is now the focus.

I thought Mullen was hired?

EDIT: Oops, wrong team. Well then, I think Venable, Cutcliffe or Leach would be solid hires.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

paging Nolan, so ya got nothing but throwing out that garbage line in your post? Baseless accusations are yo thang huh?
Not baseless. In Tampa, he ordered his defense to dive at opponents’ knees on kneeldowns. Fortunately, his players started disobeying that order. He leaked Josh Freeman’s involvement in a substance abuse program to the media when Freeman may not have been in a program at all. Dirty garbage like that gets zero respect from me and is a big reason why he hasn’t been a head coach since.

Then, there’s his alleged involvement in the Sandusky case from McQueary’s testimony. PSU truthers will tell you that nobody knew nothin’ up until the grand jury indicted him. Schiano may or may not have helped the coverup, so I won’t say definitively that he did. It wouldn’t surprise me.

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieJoe wrote:
Major Kong wrote:Mike Gundy is now the focus.

I thought Mullen was hired?

EDIT: Oops, wrong team. Well then, I think Venable, Cutcliffe or Leach would be solid hires.
Cutcliffe already turned them down, not sure Venable would leave a very successful clemson team for the issues in Knoxville
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Not baseless. In Tampa, he ordered his defense to dive at opponents’ knees on kneeldowns. Fortunately, his players started disobeying that order. He leaked Josh Freeman’s involvement in a substance abuse program to the media when Freeman may not have been in a program at all. Dirty garbage like that gets zero respect from me and is a big reason why he hasn’t been a head coach since.

Then, there’s his alleged involvement in the Sandusky case from McQueary’s testimony. PSU truthers will tell you that nobody knew nothin’ up until the grand jury indicted him. Schiano may or may not have helped the coverup, so I won’t say definitively that he did. It wouldn’t surprise me.

well I heard from a guy that heard it from a guy that you bang 12 YO girls... you bastard!!!!

So I guess it is true, probably not but I am using your logic
Vienna_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: libertarian

Post by Vienna_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

I'm with you on the he's a terrible coach and the things he did at Tampa to me are enough to fight his being hired.

The Pedo State stuff is BS. Despite all the investigations, all the people named, etc, he was not named in anything and thus that is just hearsay. You, brain dead vol fans and the two congress POS's that decided you know more than the investigators do are all the same and I hope every one of you has their life and reputation destroyed over a completely unproven and thirdhand conversation that may or may not have ever happened. That would be justice.
Looks like the only thing 1984 got wrong was the date.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

Vienna_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

I'm with you on the he's a terrible coach and the things he did at Tampa to me are enough to fight his being hired.

The Pedo State stuff is BS. Despite all the investigations, all the people named, etc, he was not named in anything and thus that is just hearsay. You, brain dead vol fans and the two congress POS's that decided you know more than the investigators do are all the same and I hope every one of you has their life and reputation destroyed over a completely unproven and thirdhand conversation that may or may not have ever happened. That would be justice.
You’re confusing me with people who say he was involved with the coverup.

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

well I heard from a guy that heard it from a guy that you bang 12 YO girls... you bastard!!!!

If you’re using my logic, you wouldn’t be saying that at all.

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

incorrect sir, this is your post: "Then, there’s his alleged involvement in the Sandusky case from McQueary’s testimony. PSU truthers will tell you that nobody knew nothin’ up until the grand jury indicted him. Schiano may or may not have helped the coverup, so I won’t say definitively that he did. It wouldn’t surprise me."

From that any reasonable person would think you are taking the third hand knowledge of something that nobody has been able to confirm as proof, but I hope you never get accused of anything that is impossible to prove did not happen, you are screwed
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

incorrect sir, this is your post: "Then, there’s his alleged involvement in the Sandusky case from McQueary’s testimony. PSU truthers will tell you that nobody knew nothin’ up until the grand jury indicted him. Schiano may or may not have helped the coverup, so I won’t say definitively that he did. It wouldn’t surprise me."

From that any reasonable person would think you are taking the third hand knowledge of something that nobody has been able to confirm as proof, but I hope you never get accused of anything that is impossible to prove did not happen, you are screwed
Am I missing something? I discussed his alleged involvement. There’s clearly not enough evidence to definitively state he was.