Washington Post was Approached with Fake Moore Story

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
TheH2

Washington Post was Approached with Fake Moore Story

Post by TheH2 »

And is now retracting their story on Roy Moore.

LOL, no, actually, they refused to print the story because they started to vet the story and it wasn't adding up.

Well played Washington Post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investig ... 2012874b8c
People who know, know.
cwtcr hokie

Re: Washington Post was Approached with Fake Moore Story

Post by cwtcr hokie »

TheH2 wrote:And is now retracting their story on Roy Moore.

LOL, no, actually, they refused to print the story because they started to vet the story and it wasn't adding up.

journalist actually doing their job... i agree, shocking
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:

Washington Post does a good job. Maybe their initial story is a little more believable?
People who know, know.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

LOL...Project Veritas.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

That’s hilarious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Fishermen will cast nets where the fish are...no?
(Obligatory "LOL")
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Washington Post does a good job. Maybe their initial story is a little more believable?
Project Veri-whatever paid someone to prove that the Post’s writers practice sound investigative reporting.

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

nolanvt wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Project Veri-whatever paid someone to prove that the Post’s writers practice sound investigative reporting.

Selective investigative reporting......
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

the only problem is many of their stories the last year have been proven false, the point is of course that maybe they should try and do their jobs on every story they print... not just one or two
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

the only problem is many of their stories the last year have been proven false, the point is of course that maybe they should try and do their jobs on every story they print... not just one or two
Certainly could have something to do with getting burnt by anonymous sources in the recent past. I'm not sure why people think Project Veritas has egg on their face. Seems to me their doing an important service. Kudos to Washington Post for not running with it. This is good stuff all around IMO.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Retractions happen, always have. What many stories are there? Were they false, or did they screw up some details?
People who know, know.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

BG Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Certainly could have something to do with getting burnt by anonymous sources in the recent past. I'm not sure why people think Project Veritas has egg on their face. Seems to me their doing an important service. Kudos to Washington Post for not running with it. This is good stuff all around IMO.
Yep
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

But on Monday morning, Post reporters saw her walking into the New York offices of Project Veritas, an organization that targets the mainstream news media and left-leaning groups.
They should insert "other" in there ... the organization "targets the mainstream news media and OTHER left-leaning groups".
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

BigDave wrote:
But on Monday morning, Post reporters saw her walking into the New York offices of Project Veritas, an organization that targets the mainstream news media and left-leaning groups.
They should insert "other" in there ... the organization "targets the mainstream news media and OTHER left-leaning groups".
Yup.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Retractions happen, always have. What many stories are there? Were they false, or did they screw up some details?
Here’s one I distinctly remember from the first of the year. THey are trying so hard to carry the narrative of the left......and anyone who can’t see it is just blind.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kalevleeta ... 4575d7ad51

TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

BG Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

No, they aren't doing a good job. They're trying to fabricate a story to discredit the press. It's pure BS. Fabricated stories whether rape, picking up teenage girls, or defrauding a newspaper are wrong. It's not journalism and it isn't a service. If people were honest, the "fake news" people would think of the Roy Moore story in a different light.
People who know, know.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

TheH2 wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote: journalist actually doing their job... i agree, shocking

No, they aren't doing a good job. They're trying to fabricate a story to discredit the press. It's pure BS. Fabricated stories whether rape, picking up teenage girls, or defrauding a newspaper are wrong. It's not journalism and it isn't a service. If people were honest, the "fake news" people would think of the Roy Moore story in a different light.
They're doing a great job, they're auditing the press. It's a much needed service to show media bias and dishonesty. On this story, they passed the audit and that's not a mark against the auditors.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Do you have specific examples?

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Do you have specific examples?

See my post with link......

HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

TheH2 wrote:

The Journolist says hello. The press is duly mocked. They confuse objective reportage with op-ed. Maybe they're too dumb to understand the difference.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HokieJoe wrote:
TheH2 wrote:

The Journolist says hello. The press is duly mocked. They confuse objective reportage with op-ed. Maybe they're too dumb to understand the difference.
They’re not dumb. They know what they’re doing.