Party: Draintheswamp

Re: Breaking: Matt Lauer fired for inappropriate sexual beha

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
Techmomof2 wrote:http://variety.com/2017/biz/news/matt-l ... SPMedition

As the co-host of NBC’s “Today,” Matt Lauer once gave a colleague a sex toy as a present. It included an explicit note about how he wanted to use it on her, which left her mortified.

On another day, he summoned a different female employee to his office, and then dropped his pants, showing her his penis. After the employee declined to do anything, visibly shaken, he reprimanded her for not engaging in a sexual act.

He would sometimes quiz female producers about who they’d slept with, offering to trade names. And he loved to engage in a crass quiz game with men and women in the office: “f—, marry, or kill,” in which he would identify the female co-hosts that he’d most like to sleep with.
1 and 3 are crass and to me do not reach sexual harassment, but for one keep the proof and let him know it was not appropriate and use it if he takes any action against you. For three why engage in the conversation, walk away, crude humor is ok for some people. for some it is not.

For #2, yea walk out when he starts undoing his pants and report him.
You don't find giving a colleague a dildo with explicit instructions on how they want the colleague to use the dildo to be sexual harassment?
You're assuming that the woman he sent this to had no prior relationship with him. That may be the case but the only explanation that makes sense to me is that he's either a complete pervert or (more likely) they were in a sexual relationship when this happened.
I would think that NBC had sufficient grounds to fire him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't confuse liability with sexual harassment. I'm sure she presented adequate evidence for him to be fired...
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieHam wrote:C’mon guys......there is NO defending this. Period. Not even sexually explicit jokes.
Should one be fired for only making a sexual joke? I don't see how that's in the same league as the rest of the stuff done, seems more like gripping.
I don’t believe so. There should be some type of reprimand. But there is still no defending it.

I’m not saying I agree with the immediate firing of someone either, unless there is undeniable proof.
With Matt Lauer........with Franken.......seems to me there is that proof.
I just find it rich with all the hypocrisy on the left over this.....they started out trying to get Bill O(who I always thought was creepy) and boy, did it turn on them big time. It’s amazing to watch the implosion. You watch, Franken and Conyers will sit there......and sit there.......etc.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

HokieHam wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieHam wrote:C’mon guys......there is NO defending this. Period. Not even sexually explicit jokes.
Should one be fired for only making a sexual joke? I don't see how that's in the same league as the rest of the stuff done, seems more like gripping.
I don’t believe so. There should be some type of reprimand. But there is still no defending it.

I’m not saying I agree with the immediate firing of someone either, unless there is undeniable proof.
With Matt Lauer........with Franken.......seems to me there is that proof.
I just find it rich with all the hypocrisy on the left over this.....they started out trying to get Bill O(who I always thought was creepy) and boy, did it turn on them big time. It’s amazing to watch the implosion. You watch, Franken and Conyers will sit there......and sit there.......etc.

I'm not defending Lauer, I'm having an academic conversation on what things are firable vs. just getting a talking too. I'm sure he's guilty as hell of all of the above and even more. NBC knew about and enabled the truly harassing and predatory things he did. The door lock button had to be approved for installation, they knew and just hid it. But anyway, he should be fired for that and the sexual attacks. My academic point is not everything he did is that same category as the assaults.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

No disagreements, but that sword cuts both ways. Tons of women use their sexuality to their advantage in the workplace. The left/feminists want a society where women can act like whores all day with no responsibility, and a man can have his life ruined in a he said / she said.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

As the co-host of NBC’s “Today,” Matt Lauer once gave a colleague a sex toy as a present. It included an explicit note about how he wanted to use it on her, which left her mortified.

On another day, he summoned a different female employee to his office, and then dropped his pants, showing her his penis. After the employee declined to do anything, visibly shaken, he reprimanded her for not engaging in a sexual act.

He would sometimes quiz female producers about who they’d slept with, offering to trade names. And he loved to engage in a crass quiz game with men and women in the office: “f—, marry, or kill,” in which he would identify the female co-hosts that he’d most like to sleep with.
1 and 3 are crass and to me do not reach sexual harassment, but for one keep the proof and let him know it was not appropriate and use it if he takes any action against you. For three why engage in the conversation, walk away, crude humor is ok for some people. for some it is not.

You don't find giving a colleague a dildo with explicit instructions on how they want the colleague to use the dildo to be sexual harassment?
You're assuming that the woman he sent this to had no prior relationship with him. That may be the case but the only explanation that makes sense to me is that he's either a complete pervert or (more likely) they were in a sexual relationship when this happened.
I would think that NBC had sufficient grounds to fire him.

Don't confuse liability with sexual harassment. I'm sure she presented adequate evidence for him to be fired...
Yessir Cap’n. Your post makes complete sense Cap’n!

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

Agreed. Shameful.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote: Yessir Cap’n. Your post makes complete sense Cap’n!
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

Correct

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Lol...

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

+1
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

not until all information is available, what was their relationship before he sent it? not a good thing to do with a co-worker but who knows what was happening before he sent it. IN one of the reports the woman is now saying that she went into his office, he requested she remove her blouse, she did willingly, then they had sex..... now it is a sexual complaint. So he raped her? or two adults had sex in the office, to me that is between his wife, himself and the side chick. I agree it is a super bad idea to do what he did but adults have sex, many of them not including their current spouse or relationship, or else the adultery rate and divorce rate would not be near as high
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

then the entire world should be fired, explicit jokes occur in workplaces, people talk and joke. Some of the rauchiest stuff I have heard comes from women. Yes it is crass and could be rude depending on who is engaging in it but it is not sexual harassment or assault.

FYI, I am not defending Lauer, if he did do stuff to people against their will then yes remove him, but if he had affairs with co-workers and it is not affecting the work place then that is between him and his wife. If some of the stories are to be believed he raped people, put him in prison. But to beleive that requires you and I to suspend reality and think this guy was dumb enough to do that and the people he raped were just willing to go along with it til now. (and everyone knew the guy was a player and women would still do things alone with him)
Last edited by cwtcr hokie on Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
then the entire world should be fired, explicit jokes occur in workplaces, people talk and joke. Some of the rauchiest stuff I have heard comes from women. Yes it is crass and could be rude depending on who is engaging in it but it is not sexual harassment or assault.
Yep.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

not until all information is available, what was their relationship before he sent it? not a good thing to do with a co-worker but who knows what was happening before he sent it. IN one of the reports the woman is now saying that she went into his office, he requested she remove her blouse, she did willingly, then they had sex..... now it is a sexual complaint. So he raped her? or two adults had sex in the office, to me that is between his wife, himself and the side chick. I agree it is a super bad idea to do what he did but adults have sex, many of them not including their current spouse or relationship, or else the adultery rate and divorce rate would not be near as high
Can you acknowledge that an interaction between two people at a bar is far different than an interaction between an employee/subordinate and a person of power within the same organization?

Can you acknowledge that rape and sexual harassment are two different words with two different meanings?

Yes or no is sufficient.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:

I can't believe anyone is that stupid. We are talking about Matt Lauer though, so yeah.
the only question I would have for #2 is was there something going on between the two before he did that? Lots of flirting so he thought it was reciprocal, yea dumb to do it in the office. Other issue I see is did he actually do it, only her and him there, did it actually happen?
Good grief
so you were there? really? so your wife goes into an office, the guy starts taking his pants off....and she just stands there and counts the ceiling tiles? What women do you know that would do that? My wife first would laugh at him and as 99.9999999% of the rest of the population leave before he got his pants off
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Can you acknowledge that an interaction between two people at a bar is far different than an interaction between an employee/subordinate and a person of power within the same organization?

Can you acknowledge that rape and sexual harassment are two different words with two different meanings?

Yes or no is sufficient.

your questions are not yes/no, for #1 depends on the relationship in the office, I never knew there was that many very very weak women on the planet that let men use them sexually and just
go about there business and continue to work with the person. I have never met one of these women but there seem to be a ton out there. Do hook ups and relationships and people cheating on significant others occur in the workplace... YES

In addition, what if everyone works in a bar?

for #2, YES they are different
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

cwtcr hokie wrote:

FYI, I am not defending Lauer, if he did do stuff to people against their will then yes remove him, but if he had affairs with co-workers and it is not affecting the work place then that is between him and his wife. If some of the stories are to be believed he raped people, put him in prison. But to beleive that requires you and I to suspend reality and think this guy was dumb enough to do that and the people he raped were just willing to go along with it til now. (and everyone knew the guy was a player and women would still do things alone with him)
My office interactions are a lot different than when I’m at the bar or other social gatherings. I haven’t seen too much behavior that crosses a line at work, and the few that have get disciplined.

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

My office interactions are a lot different than when I’m at the bar or other social gatherings. I haven’t seen too much behavior that crosses a line at work, and the few that have get disciplined.

you are married, correct? so your office interactions could very well be different then two single unattached people in an office. I have been married 27 years and usually don't talk much personal stuff with any females I work with. I don't want to be that close with them. I had a shop foreman that was banging one of my a/p clerks in a job back in my early thirties. She was bat shirt crazy so I felt sorry for him.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:

I can't believe anyone is that stupid. We are talking about Matt Lauer though, so yeah.
the only question I would have for #2 is was there something going on between the two before he did that? Lots of flirting so he thought it was reciprocal, yea dumb to do it in the office. Other issue I see is did he actually do it, only her and him there, did it actually happen?
Good grief
so you were there? really? so your wife goes into an office, the guy starts taking his pants off....and she just stands there and counts the ceiling tiles? What women do you know that would do that? My wife first would laugh at him and as 99.9999999% of the rest of the population leave before he got his pants off
Can we acknowledge that a polite society should not condone placing your wife in such a situation?

Yes or no works again just fine.

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:

Good grief
Can we acknowledge that a polite society should not condone placing your wife in such a situation?

not sure if you have noticed but society is not polite and it is rapidly increasingly becoming more and more not polite. But yes, people with personal responsibility and morals do not do that to other humans..... of course these days we have people killing each other over tennis shoes
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Yes or no is sufficient.

your questions are not yes/no, for #1 depends on the relationship in the office, I never knew there was that many very very weak women on the planet that let men use them sexually and just
go about there business and continue to work with the person. I have never met one of these women but there seem to be a ton out there. Do hook ups and relationships and people cheating on significant others occur in the workplace... YES

In addition, what if everyone works in a bar?

for #2, YES they are different
Re #1, I disagree that “ it depends” based on how I worded the question.

Reflection on #2 addresses many in the points you raise.

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieJoe wrote: I can't believe anyone is that stupid. We are talking about Matt Lauer though, so yeah.
Good grief

not sure if you have noticed but society is not polite and it is rapidly increasingly becoming more and more not polite.
I’ll take your answers as “yes”

Regarding polite society, you complain about society not being polite and you complain about efforts to make society more polite. It would appear that you like complaining.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:

Good grief
Hollywood and New York girls are whores so they accepted being penetrated to get 15 minutes of showing off their cook book.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote: the only question I would have for #2 is was there something going on between the two before he did that? Lots of flirting so he thought it was reciprocal, yea dumb to do it in the office. Other issue I see is did he actually do it, only her and him there, did it actually happen?
Good grief

not sure if you have noticed but society is not polite and it is rapidly increasingly becoming more and more not polite.

Regarding polite society, you complain about society not being polite and you complain about efforts to make society more polite. It would appear that you like complaining.

Firing people over a crude joke isn't polite.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

not sure if you have noticed but society is not polite and it is rapidly increasingly becoming more and more not polite. [/quote]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote]Firing people over a crude joke isn't polite.[/quote]

huh? society has been going downhill for awhile, its not something I can fix so I don't spend alot of time worrying about it and am not surprised at the increasing depravity displayed every day